PDA

View Full Version : J* Stage two

glideslope
5th Feb 2007, 09:20
Gday Viewers,
Anyone recently done Stage two with J* and would care to elaborate.
Thanks
GS

blueloo
5th Feb 2007, 09:44
i thought stage 2 was handing in your resignation!

Poto
6th Feb 2007, 10:48
Stage two involves a credit check, and a labotomy before your Re-Neduction:}

cunninglinguist
6th Feb 2007, 21:15
G'day G/S.
Rule 1) Dont post something on PPRUNE re: Jet* and expect an intelligent answer.

Stage 2 ( interview ) is based on STAR, situation, task, action, result type questions.
eg: tell us about a time you had to take the lead in a group. Generally they are looking for stuff related to your flying career.
No questions like " describe the difference in aspect ratio between a laminar flow and non laminar flow airfoil and what effect this would have on the turbulence penetration at mid flap settings on an ILS at ISA + 25 "
This has come under alot of criticysm from the HR experts on this forum but it seems to work well, that is, they have managed to keep those sort of people out :D

Then there is a flight planning exercise, not exactly ATPL stuff but not a walk in the park either.

Good Luck.

PS. PM me if you want any more info, I won't be coming back to this thread.

Supercala
16th Feb 2007, 07:32
If anyone was able to post some examples of behavioural questions which are asked during the interview would be greatly appreciated.

I have an interview coming up soon.:D

Douglas Mcdonnell
16th Feb 2007, 10:03
Blue loo and Photo, once again you have advertised you status as confirmed D1chead$. Talk about poster boys for dady paid for everything set!!! You should have been running around outside as young "blokes" instead of malingering inside around the TV and Play Station!!!.

Glideslope and Supercala, cunninglinguist is fairly close to the mark. Good luck.

DM

Bula
16th Feb 2007, 12:05
apparently there is heaps of info out there... i just never found any but I'm assured there is some out there...

and remember no phones with cameras in the flight planning exam :E no serious they ask if you do have one...

anyways.... bring on Christchurch :) Who else?

PM

Pete Conrad
17th Feb 2007, 01:39
Whats up DM?...you J* legends dish it out but can't take it back...

Supercala
7th Mar 2007, 00:17
While we are on the subject can anyone give some ideas on how to prepare for the sim ride. I am looking into doing a practise sim but the only 747 Classic i can find is at the QF sim centre.

Would it be posible to get a run in it sometime before my testing date and is this a good idea.

Any feedback certainly appreciated.

P.S. In the interview i was told they are interviewing 8 candidates a week so im sure there will be alot of people keen to benefit from any good advice.

Keg
7th Mar 2007, 01:01
You can hire the sim if you like. (02)9691-3636 and then ask for Flight Ops training. I think outside sales is the name they call it at the moment if you want to buy sim time.

Don't forget to leave some money aside so that you can pay for your A330 endorsement to earn about $50K as a 'cruise F/O'. :rolleyes: :ugh:

Mstr Caution
7th Mar 2007, 09:09
Re: The planning exercise, does anyone have any info as to what series planning exercise they are running or have run. To/From points would be a good guide. :8

Shouldhe
7th Mar 2007, 10:02
Glidescope and Supercarla,
Good luck with the interview etc. If you do manage to get any info, it would be great if you could post it here.
Pprune is unfortunately not the place to ask questions about J* or VB jobs. What generally happens is people treat you like some kind of fool. They love to raise the fact that you have to pay for your endorsement and then keep raising the old 'wages' chestnut. It appears that they think you somehow didn't realize this, and they feel some sense of superiority in telling you about it.
Most of them can't believe you might have actually researched the job (and be aware of the conversion cost and the wages and the rostering and the culture...) and accept the facts about these issues, and still want to do it. With that decision made, there is no problem asking sensible, relevant questions about the process, unless of course those questions are raised on Pprune. This is a place for the malcontented, undermining, whinging few, who love to rain on the parade of others, in order to make themselve feel better about the victims that they are.
It would be enlightening to get a proper answer form some without the usual diatribe from those who can't accept that at the moment, this might be the only way to get an airline job in Oz.
I have applied for VB and J*, and should I get any info that might help, I will certainly post it.
Good luck.
P.S. Did you know that the cost of endorsement is about $35??? :}

pakeha-boy
7th Mar 2007, 19:58
stewey.....hows that CHC,F/O base for ya?????.....