PDA

View Full Version : GSM - 4-Year Solo Passenger Survey

Hombre
4th Feb 2007, 12:52
Dear Guys,

For the last 4 years I have been commuting between Malaga and Edinburgh, twice per month, on Flyglobespan's excellent route. It is now basically a three hour bus ride to me.

Until I found this Forum (by accident!) a few weeks ago, I was completely unaware that there were "issues" going on in the background between FC/CC and management.

With a "no-frills" airline such as GSM, where control of fixed costs are critical, I suppose this is inevitable but I would like to say that as a regular fare paying pax I think you all do a great job!

I have noticed however that in the old days "thanks for flying flyglobespan" was mentioned in virtually every PA both by purser and FC. Nowadays GSM barely gets a mention over the PA and the Captains' surnames never seem the same, albeit perhaps I am just imaging this after reading the other GSM crew threads?? :hmm:

I still think you are a great airline. I have one suggestion though with regard to the Tax-Free trolley: For the last ten sectors, I have been wanting more fridge magnets and glow pens for the kids back home in Spain. But by the time I get out my belt & fish out my change the trolley has wizzed past! On reflection I am sure I am not the only pax who would be willing to buy more if the trolley glided up the aisle a tad more slowly.
Normally the face on the CC "driving" the trolley suggests he/she has nil chance of making a sale either. Perhaps that's why it goes so fast.....?? Bit of a catch 22 really.......

TSR2
4th Feb 2007, 22:31
Quote:
'By the time I get out my belt & fish out my change the trolley has wizzed past !'

Spoken like a true Scotsman sir.

gflynorw
8th Feb 2007, 20:23
Hey, that was G-CDRB - It was sitting there having the seats reconfigured. GSM removed the front bulkheads from all the -600's and added an extra row of seats, taking them upto 131, but this particular a/c was causing real complaints as they put larger seats in and the legroom was horrific so they grounded it, it's now back to 125 seats.

Love the -600, nice dinky little a/c and very clean inside!

CHIVILCOY
8th Feb 2007, 21:44
I think one of the main problems with Flyglobespan is that it has lost some public confidence recently through the chopping and changing of schedules on some routes probably as a result of trying to run before they could walk.
One day your booked flight is direct then it's a one stopper the next it's been cancelled altogether.

Thankfully for them the onboard service remains good as I have never heard a bad word against them.

Hombre
9th Feb 2007, 08:57
Recently did a few AGP (Malaga) to EDIN flights but via Glasgow. All went perfectly but it was a bit surreal flying at only 4,000 ft towards the capital on what sounded like half throttle.

CC were excellent, as usual. I still want my fridge magnets though!!

As an Edimburger I won't mention that on two of the indirect EDIN bound flights a passenger decided to get off at Glasgow and presumably taxi the rest home. Caused 20 min delay on stand. According to CC this was not uncommon. :confused:

Happy to see we are back to direct flights. :ok:

Ediboy
9th Feb 2007, 09:22
Just goes to show how professional the crews are by not moaning about the company problems to the passengers.
My wife and i are always pleased with the onboard service that we get ,and theres a no1 flies from Edinburgh (kevin .......) whos flights we have found just brilliant, what a credit to gsm.
Anyway keep up the good work folk and we look forward to seeing you all on the murcia routes this summer.