PDA

View Full Version : Netjets on a CV

cfwake
4th Feb 2007, 11:12
Hi guys

Just been reading the posts on the netjets new pay scheme thread and was wondering if anyone can tell me, with real experience, why having Netjets on your CV will make other employers throw it away without giving you a shot?

Being as I am someone who is about to start OAT, I have absolutely no experience with airline recruitment policy, but it would seem to be a bit odd to base your decision about future employees not on their actual ability and personality, predominantly from an interview, but upon who they have flown with.

Just seems very, very odd - especially if it is someone's first job, surely not that many people would spite you for working for any particular line, especially when they realise that when you're newly qualified, you'll take pretty much any job going?

Cheers

Wakey

international hog driver
4th Feb 2007, 11:51
Unfortunately cfwake there is something to this.

The unfortunate part is that in may parts of Europe many recruiters/managers/screeners have the anal-cranial interface to such an extreme that they look upon anything less than a Boeing / Babybus as insignificant.

Having lived both lives I can flatly tell you that corporate flying makes you think on your feet, be flexible and accountable. Airline flying is all about being told how much you are allowed to think, how inflexible your company SOPs dictate you to be and how to cover your ass at all times that there is no accountability all the way to the top.

Why do you think it has been so hard to get into some airlines if you come from a turboprop/ corporate background…… yet the same companies claim that their program allows them to take a 200hr cadet and they are the duck guts.

Speak to any serious line trainer about who they want in a cockpit when the fan and faeces meet and man for man they will take experience over youth any day.

If you go to Nets without previous airline experience then you may find it hard to get that elusive airline job down the track.

But would you really want to give up the variety and rotation for the lo-co world….. I think not

cfwake
4th Feb 2007, 12:55
many thanks for that IHG, it all seems pretty unfair but it's good to have a fairly authoritative view on things - i have to say that at the end of the day as long as the salary is decent, it doesn't really bother me any more than probably most other people in my shoes what i fly - the thought of flying bizjets is as appealing as flying for an airline. i know that experience will always win over a newly qualified moist palmed rookie with 250 hours, but of course the problem i have is the same as anyone else - how do you get the experience! i for one don't particularly relish doing FI so am going to avoid doing it if at all possible and just hope i won't have to get my hours that way - then again there's no guarantee i won't end up doing it!!

thanks once again for the valuable insight!

SingSong
4th Feb 2007, 13:25
Can i ask how you were planning to get into NetJets straight from OAT? Or do you have knowledge of the new OAT/NetJets "sponsorship" scheme thats supposed to be released tomorrow?

If so spill some beans for me :D

Flintstone
4th Feb 2007, 14:01
cfw

You have mail.