PDA

View Full Version : TAG Aviation uk "interview"

mupepe
4th Feb 2007, 09:44
I've just replied to their advertissement which appeared in flight magazine.
Anyboby have info of sort of interview with this company I may expect?
Is a sim ride also foreseen ?
and finally, how is the atmosphere inside there?
thanks and keep the blue side up!;)

nicholasblonde
5th Feb 2007, 21:20
not that it helps, but I knew a 74 captain who was flying for them...their website seems pretty lacking in detail...not sure if you could call the London office?

saffron
8th Feb 2007, 13:15
Salaries @ Tag vary from A/c to A/c on heavy metal look for 70K -85K medium (hawker etc) 60K -70K light 45k-55k. Days off vary also best is 2weeks on 2 weeks off but base will be abroad.Domestic base usually some rostered days off a month.

Iva harden
9th Feb 2007, 14:39
Saffron,

Could you give any more details on TAG, is two weeks on permanent stby until needed or do you get rostered, thinking a swiss base. It sounds like it maybe fairly nomadic. Any info gratefully received, salary,pension, medical care, allowances etc....

janusz
10th Feb 2007, 16:45
TAG manage aircraft owned by individuals or organisations. Most aircraft are on TAG's AOC and therefore available for charter. The ratio of private/public transport flying varies greatly from one aircraft to the next.

The initial interview would probably be with MD and/or CP and/or CTC and/or HR person. Probably followed by second interview with aircraft owner. Do not expect an airline style group exercise, psychometric test, etc. I do not think sim assessment is normally involved.

Salary is negotiable. They use a 'per diem' system (don't know how much), private medical, money-purchase pension.

DO NOT EXPECT AIRLINE STYLE ROSTERING. The nature of this type of operation precludes set-in-stone work patterns. Of course the public transport flying is subject to the exisiting Flight Time Limitations.

Appears to have very low turnover of pilots - probably a positive indicator of terms and conditions, morale and job security.

Clearly a very well-funded organisation that's been around for a while.

Importantly, if you 'get' a good owner and a good crew (bearing in mind you will be working with the same, small number of people) you will get much more out of the job than if you 'get' a crap owner (overly demanding, no understanding of crew limits [fatigue], miserly, know-it-all, always late, disorganised). This factor greatly influences the quality of your job and if you get stuck with a crap owner and crew you don't like then it could be unpleasant.

Good luck and safe flying!

Riker
10th Feb 2007, 20:05
What types of aircraft are we talking about in this case? Citations? Gulfstreams? Would time on type be required?

janusz
11th Feb 2007, 18:56
The advert clearly states the types they are recruiting for and also states that a type rating is not essential. Look at the ad at www.flightglobal.com/jobs

french clover
12th Feb 2007, 14:58
I received this morning an acknowledgement email from TAG.
Any clues about the T and Cs (salary, vacations)for CL850 captains in Russia?
Thanks

FerrypilotDK
13th Feb 2007, 10:53
Remember the story of when the telegraph cable between the UK and Europe was cut during WW I? The UK newspapers proclaimed that the continent was cut off!? Saffron.......when you say something like 60K, and you are UK-based, I (at any rate) havenīt a clue as to 60K WHAT?`?`?`?`?`? Euros, dollars, crowns, 'bananas??????

:}

saffron
13th Feb 2007, 11:54
Sorry ferrypilot,
currency is in pounds sterling you will be glad to hear,conditions vary a lot between a/c but there is pension and health insurance.

Iva harden
14th Feb 2007, 14:59
could any one give me an idea of lifestyle, is it for a guy with family or not? How stable is the lifestyle, is there flight pay on top of salary, paid annual leave etc.. This type of flying would appeal, but need a bit more info, any help would be gratefully received...cheers