PDA

View Full Version : Nouvelle Caledonie (New Caledonia)

Mr_Pilot
4th Feb 2007, 05:42
Salut, :)

I am sorry for posting here in english, but so far in my schooling my french is not good enough to get by in terms of this question. :uhoh: :ugh: :uhoh:

This coming year I have recieved notification of a non flying post within a job position that will base me in the city of Noumea. As much as I am looking forward to the sun, sea, and the surf, I would also like to convert my current commercial licence into a JAA licence, although I am hard pressed knowing where to look. :confused:

I have done all the searches in the postings but turned up a blank. Asking around little was know about the status of which legal framework this out of the way isle falls under. :hmm: While I have a year to get my head back around the language and proficient, I would also like to know if there are any operators out there that cater for the study of ATPLs.

I hope someone out there has some sort of answers. I eargerly await getting there but would love to hit the ground knowing that there is some place I can sink my time, energy and hard earned pacific frank into. :p

If anyone knows of any operators beside the helicoptors that run scenic flight out and over the bay, I would be most grateful. ;)

Merci d'advance.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

LeNautilus
4th Feb 2007, 16:41
Hi Mr_pilot,
I stayed 8 months in New Caledonia last year for a non flying job as well.
New Caledonia partially depends on France so you need to have JAA licence to fly there.
I don't know the process to convert a non JAA licence into a JAA licence. In Noumea there is a local Civil Aviation which is the same as the one in France but there is no professional flight school. So if you need to take a flying exam for the conversion, you might have to go to Europe...
And no operators which do scenic flights... You can just go to the local flying club and rent an aircraft.
Besides that, New Caledonia is really nice!