PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 900 to U.S.

SteepApproach
3rd Feb 2007, 17:49
Hi all,
I'm a pilot of a brand new F900easy which is actually private turning to commercial in a short time.My boss is planning to go to U.S. from Italy and I need some information about what do I need to get to U.S. as a private airplane.Actually me and the crew are all "equipped" with both visas (c1-d /b1-b2) but what about the passengers?..other strange tipical "american request"?
waiting for your help thanx in advance guys

Margarita
3rd Feb 2007, 17:58
Your passengers will need visas as well when travelling on private plane. I agree, its a mess...

SteepApproach
3rd Feb 2007, 18:01
so b1/b2 for all the passengers?? ..unbelieveble!:ugh:

HS125
3rd Feb 2007, 19:27
Totally Believeable I'm afraid, this has always been the case.

The only reason that you can go to the USA without a Visa (as a British citizen for example) is that the carrier who has transported you to the United States is currently taking part in the Visa waiver programme.

To partake in the Visa Waiver Programme, the carrier must agree to 'deport' any individual who is later found inadmissable by a United states Immigration official at their own expense. This is one of the reasons that you get asked a wealth of soft questions by airline staff when checking in/bording an airline flight across the atlantic.

I know Businsess Jet owners, and I have yet to meet one who would take kindly to "Now your here, you cant come to this country, please pay to take yourself home." In that respect I can kind of see the logic, Airlines ask questions and check passports because they dont want the expense of taking someone home. The authorities insist on the same as they do not want to pay either: It's a pre-check by the US government as opposed to the airline.

As a crewmember I'd pay special attention to this and ensure that:

- Only passengers/crew on the list are there, even when the flight is private and the owner frequently changes pax manifest.

- All passengers and crew have a valid visa relating to the primary purpose of their visit. E.g Holiday, B2. Business, B1. etc etc.

There are fines for the crew and/or operator as well as the offending passenger, plus the fact that it may be somewhat undesireable to find ones own name on someones computer!

fl610
4th Feb 2007, 06:47
Suggest you set the trip up through Air Routing or Universal, expensive but it will save you a lot of grief if you are not familiar with the requirements.

SteepApproach
4th Feb 2007, 09:30
first of all thanx for all the suggestions,if u have more please keep on...
i'm using universal but i'm not satisfied at all,for exemple they didn't know anything about the waiver for the aircraft..and this is just an example...so..
what about i-94 and cbp decals?

fl610
4th Feb 2007, 09:41
Try Air Routing they have organised our TSA (homeland security) waiver for the last couple of years. US registered aircraft under 100,000 lbs no longer require the waiver however my understanding is that non US registered aircraft still need it unless they are entering the US from one of the TSA approved countries.

7th Feb 2007, 19:25
I suggest you look here.

http://www.faa.gov/ats/aat/ifim/GPF/

They have NO i repeat NO sense of humour on any matter concerning immigration and the fines are quite large. - don' tforget your customs sticker for the aircraft and copies of your medical and licence.

I suggest you talk to the universal green team leader who will know all the requirements - sounds like you are using a domestic planner not and international planner.

PS Don't you just love the EASy S/N 146

flyboyike
10th Feb 2007, 00:36
Perhaps I'm missing something, but how is the fact that he flies an F900 (Easy, Hard or Indifferent) relevant to his question? Or was he just bragging for the sheer hell of it?

SteepApproach
14th Feb 2007, 05:17
Perhaps I'm missing something

perhaps u miss a lot of thing

Or was he just bragging for the sheer hell of it?

u are far away from the truth man, it was just a title to share experience about the category of the airplane,anyway relax yourself and take it easy life is wonderful!

merlinxx
14th Feb 2007, 09:16
Suggest ctc IBAA/EBAA if a member use yr ctcs through these guys to NBAA or yr local avtn tax/customs guys. If not call www.mfiddlerassociates.co.uk PH +44 (0)1279 850787 or [email protected].