PDA

View Full Version : IR Renewal

pomme pilot
3rd Feb 2007, 11:40
Hi,
Just a couple of quick questions. I have been trying to look at the CAO online but it’s not playing ball.
With the MECIR renewal, do I have to be endorsed on the A/C that it is conducted in? Just trying to get one done ASAP and this will speed up the process instead of having to find a Duchess. And what can be done in a "sim."
Finally if I do have to do it in a Duchess, can anyone recommend a school with good rates?
Thanks in advance.
PP

ForkTailedDrKiller
3rd Feb 2007, 11:49
Pomme

I can't tell you what the rules say but I have done a renewal in a type in which I was not endorsed. Seemed a bit odd cause my understanding is that for a IR test and renewal you are the PIC.

If you need a Duchess, go see Bob Harris in Innisfail (just south of Cairns).

FTDC:cool:

Mainframe
3rd Feb 2007, 12:27
Pomme pilot,

your problem is easily solved, but where are you in Oz?

Nth Qld, you have David Kilin in Cairns, or Bob Harris in Innisfail.

No one in Townsville, a couple of ATO's in Mackay,
Lester Neideck at Caloundra, and a few in Brisbane.

Most will conduct it in a Duchess, Partenavia, or Seneca.

If not endorsed, that can be incorporated prior to and in the flight test.

For a renewal, you must demonstrate one navaid / approach in flight, including assymetrics if seeking a IR/C/ME.

The remaining aids may be assessed in a simulator, providing your rating has not lapsed more than a year.

Have a look in CAO 40 and appendices.

You should also consider having a PIFR with the same aids issued on the strength of a successful renewal.

If you indicate your preferred geographic area you're sure to get more responses.