PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Discipline

A37575
3rd Feb 2007, 06:32
Talked to a former Singapore Airlines first officer who told me that being just five minutes late for sign on results in a delay of nine months in the promotion stakes. His taxi blew a tyre en route to the airport and it took him time to flag down another cab. His excuse for being late on sign-on was not accepted. Interestingly the rule is not applied to other than expats. Go figure.

Left Coaster
3rd Feb 2007, 12:59
You mentioned he was a "former" effo...hmmm...so what's your point?:hmm:

Bealzebub
3rd Feb 2007, 13:07
Figure what ?

There are two sides to every argument. The trouble with this sort of second hand hearsay is that it is unsubstantiated, one sided and incomplete. There is no mention that the individual telephoned to say he would be late, as you might expect ? What is this "rule" you talk about ? If it is a "rule" enshrined in a contract of employment then you wouldn't really be unaware would you ?

Sounds rather suspect.

parabellum
3rd Feb 2007, 21:22
I agree with Bealzebub. Had ten years with SIA and never heard of any such incident, would have had to have been a lot more to it than just five minutes late for check-in.
Caught in similar circumstances I was able to use the taxi drivers mobile, called ops, asked them to load FP fuel, keep the bowser attached, ask FO to go to a/c and I'd be as quick as I could. Never heard another word.