PDA

View Full Version : Amendments

Radix-Lecti
2nd Feb 2007, 21:45
While I've got the mood on me, how about using the much touted pilot unity to get the amendment system sorted.

I wonder just how many man hours are wasted doing amendments. The CARs are getting beyond a joke. Endless pages of history and notes and Stats and etc. Who, apart from the lawyers, gives a rats whotsit.

Why can't we just have a once or twice a year reissue of the DAPS. How nice it would be just to change them once a year, run a quick check and bin the old ones. It can't possibly cost any more than the drip feed system running at the moment. User pays, well, I'm paying for a rubbish sytem.

Rant over, Radix throws out empty stubbies and retires to favourite bunker.

Capn Bloggs
2nd Feb 2007, 22:25
You reckon DAPs are bad, try Jepps! :{ The thing I look forward to most when I retire is not having to do Jepp amendments EVERY TWO WEEKS! :ugh:

Zhaadum
3rd Feb 2007, 04:05
I don't have too much problem with the Jepps. Most issues are only small changes, except for the BIG checklist every year. That sucks!:yuk: It takes a couple of hours to do and at the end you find all pages present and accounted for. What a waste of time.

Z.:ok:

Jet_A_Knight
3rd Feb 2007, 04:43
It takes a couple of hours to do and at the end you find all pages present and accounted for. What a waste of time.

Better than arriving somewhere like Buttfck, NT on min fuel on a ****e nite -only to find you don't have a plate for the joint!:{

Icarus2001
3rd Feb 2007, 06:01
Radix-Lecti I see two posts by you complaining about basic pilot facts of life. Amendments and TAF format. The TAF format is much better than it used to be and really is pretty easy to follow. What are you going to complain about next? Refuelling aircraft? Having to do a preflight? Perhaps you have chosen the wrong profession?

AerocatS2A
3rd Feb 2007, 06:20
Better than arriving somewhere like Buttfck, NT on min fuel on a ****e nite -only to find you don't have a plate for the joint!

Surely you would've checked prior to the flight that you have plates for departure/destination and all likely alternates :hmm:?

Jet_A_Knight
3rd Feb 2007, 07:04
Jeezus H, Aerocat - I would never have thought of doing that! :rolleyes:

And to think, all this time........:uhoh:

AerocatS2A
3rd Feb 2007, 10:45
I know! You learn something new everyday don't ya?