PDA

View Full Version : Any AirQuarius information?

Crusaderbug
2nd Feb 2007, 12:06
"F28 regional jet operation.They operate lease contracts throughout Africa and the Middle East."

I have been asked to sit an interview, and have visited the web page.

Does anyone have any "more" information for me about the company and their operation.

Appreciated :)

JG1
4th Feb 2007, 10:02
AirQuarius, based at FALA, operates a large contract in Jordan for Royal Jordanian Airlines, they fly to Iraq – Baghdad, Erbil and Basra – and Damascus, Beirut and several other places in the Middle East region. AirQuarius operated for the UN in Afghanistan. Other contracts throughout Africa have been for Air Tanzania, Air Malawi, Air Zimbabwe, Cameroon Air Services, Libyan Oil Companies, the UN and various other operators, sometimes start-ups.

There is a pool of around 70-80 aircrew including cabin attendants (around 35 pilots). In South Africa they operate a contract for Interair to Ndola from FAJS. They also regularly do contract work for Link, SAX, Air Botswana, Air Namibia. Sometimes they do stand-in flights for 1-time and Kalula.

The flying side of the operation is a disciplined, well-structured multi-crew environment. Training is done in France. It may be a contract operator but all operations are strictly by the book, crews do not fly out of FDP and all flying complies with the CATS & CARS. It is a quality operation.

AirQuarius operates a fairly large FBO at FALA, and do maintenance up to C-checks on their own aircraft and for other Fokker operators in Africa. The aircraft are well-maintained.

The F-28 is a handy aircraft, seats 70 pax economy, or 8 business class and 55 economy, operates up to FL350, cruises at M 0.72 and has a useful max range of about 1100nm. It is robust, reliable and very agile.

The owner is a top bloke, but I will leave comment on the middle management to pilots that work there.