PDA

View Full Version : Cabin crew, Scotland?

Commander1
2nd Feb 2007, 09:59
Hi everyone, do you know any other airlines apart from Easyjet, Flyglobespan, Loganair, Thomson and Excel that are recruiting for Glasgow airport or Edinburgh. I have already applied for the above but I want a good chance of being accepted.

Im 20 but will be 21 in June, flyglobespan only recruit people of 21 years or over, do you think that would be a problem?

I got accepted with Ryanair but i dont like their policy, you need to pay and complete training in Dublin then you will be told what base you'll be going to.

Cheers

Sarah

oldflyboy
2nd Feb 2007, 10:50
I think that baconnect/flybe are recruiting in Edinburgh? Try websites for info: nextgenerationairline.com and baconnectjobs.com I believe?

glamourgirl!
2nd Feb 2007, 10:57
monarch

They always have a summer base at edi ( 01 may/31 oct)

FLYING_HOSTIE
2nd Feb 2007, 11:49
BMI have a Glasgow Base,try them.

www.flybmi.co.uk

Commander1
2nd Feb 2007, 13:03
Does anyone know about Ryanair to work for? I got offered a job as cabin crew but i wont know where i am based till after training :(

Jet_stream
3rd Feb 2007, 01:27
Apply for Flyglobespan, if they like you they will take you at 20 years old.

Commander1
3rd Feb 2007, 12:08
How do you know they would take me at 20?

I got offered a job with ryanair training is in Glasgow however base is first come first serve, scared that i wont be based at Prestwick and some country i wont like :(

Jet_stream
4th Feb 2007, 10:42
If the recruiters like you and if you have a solid customer service back ground in the service industry...ie hospitality or something like that then they may make and exception on the age. It's always worth a try.

Commander1
4th Feb 2007, 13:00
Yeah i have 3.5 years customer service and all the rest is admin really.

I do hope i get into Glasgow, do you know which airlines are the best out of Thomas cook, Thomson, Globespan, Easyjet, Ryanair, Excel, Loganair? For pay, the way they treat their employees etc?

Cheers :)

Toots1252
6th Feb 2007, 19:55
I really would not advise applying to BA Connect/Flybe as BA is about as untrustworthy as it is possible to get.

They treat their current crew shockingly and the wages are nearly the worst in the regions!

Globespan or Zoom would be a good idea though!

Good luck.:cool:

Barnaby Rudge
6th Feb 2007, 20:07
Flyglobespan are recruiting now for the summer and running assessment days. I agree with what jet stream says, it is all down to the recruiter on the day, some are sccms from from Glasgow some from Edinburgh. Go for it and good luck. :ok:

Commander1
7th Feb 2007, 06:14
They are not going to entertain me because im not 21 but they said I've to apply in June (my birthday)

I guess thats good eh? I still went with Ryanair for the time being for experience.