PDA

View Full Version : WESTPAC rescue chopper down in NSW

Inbound On Descent
2nd Feb 2007, 07:23
...just on a news update. All okay - TV said Doctor suffered minor injuries....
From ABC:
The crash of a Westpac Rescue Helicopter in the north of New South Wales is thought to have been caused by engine failure.
The chopper pilot and a crewman were taking a doctor and paramedic to a serious car accident this afternoon when the helicopter crashed into a paddock near Warialda.
Westpac Rescue general manager Richard Jones says not only are the four on board unharmed, but they went on to finish the job.
"At approximately 4pm (AEDT) it suffered some type of engine failure but [this is] yet to be confirmed," he said.
"The pilot and crew did a remarkable job to get the thing on the ground and on its legs, all the people on board walked away and quite remarkably, the ambulance and doctors were conveyed to the actual incident that they were there for by police."
One person died in the car crash and seven others have suffered serious injuries.

Nice work lads...:ok:
:D :D :D

Aussie
2nd Feb 2007, 08:32
:ok: Good effort :ok:

Hyster
2nd Feb 2007, 08:45
Do they know what happened to the engine? I heard it had just come out of a 300 hrly insp?:rolleyes:

split pin
3rd Feb 2007, 03:35
Hyster, you may be onto something, sounds like the old post 300 hourly loose governer line trick. Heard engine was still at idle after run on. Will email my sauce.

mustafagander
3rd Feb 2007, 09:49
By the look of the wreckage on the news, I very much doubt that the engine was still at idle!! It looks like one hell of a run on!