PDA

View Full Version : Skymap IIIc Question

Decks
2nd Feb 2007, 07:05
Folks,
Am looking into getting a skymap / skyforce IIIc moving map... is it possible to download and install databases other than the ones advertised. Am particularly interested in databases that have significant coastal features.
Thanks,
Decks.

valve guide
7th Oct 2007, 20:55
Could anyone help me with a PDF of the above or direct me to a site where I can download it. The Bendixking website says you have to be a dealer to "order" it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Clitheroe Kid
7th Oct 2007, 21:09
check your pm

500e
7th Oct 2007, 21:15
Sky Force
5 The Old Granary
Boxgrove
West Sussex
PO18 0ES
Service coordinator Try Marilyn I think
Tel01243774490
Or 01243783763
Have found them real helpful if a bit slow.:suspect:

loggerman
7th Oct 2007, 21:27
does anyone know of a second hand unit for sale if so please send me a pm

Bravo 99
8th Oct 2007, 16:58
Hello Loggerman check your email i have both if you require them

Sincerely

B 99

valve guide
9th Oct 2007, 07:40
Thanks to all who helped me out here, exactly what these forums are all about.

Cheers Guys.....and Gals

SilsoeSid
10th Oct 2007, 11:55
Check pms and e- mails!
What was all that about?

google "Skymap III Manual"

Second result, under link to this thread,
http://www.smartaviation.ch/downloads/manual_skymapIIIC_e.pdf

Behind the curve, but why the secrecy?

md 600 driver
10th Oct 2007, 18:05
silsoe
i think it was because of one for sale i sent pm but no answer yet

md 600 driver
28th Oct 2007, 08:06
bought it arrived ok good deal

EN48
28th Oct 2007, 22:58
I am looking for a manual download for what I believe is an earlier version of the IIIC. It is installed in a 2002 Enstrom 480B and simply says Skyforce on the front panel, with no model number label. It resembles the IIIC except that the controls are on the opposite (left) side. Any assistance in identifying this unit and/or pointers to a manual much appreciated.

RB

VeeAny
29th Oct 2007, 07:09
Rick

Any chance of a photo of the unit, I've got a lot of manuals but can't find anything like you describe.

Does it look like this ?
http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/images/avionics/Skyforce CS 2000.gif

Is the screen color or monochrome ?

Any ID Label on the back ?

Gary

md 600 driver
29th Oct 2007, 07:12
rick
is it in goskp if it is its a colour skymap not a 3c i had it fitted if so please pm your details and i will call you
steve

EN48
29th Oct 2007, 11:41
Here is a photo of the panel with the unit front and center. Poor quality but all I have. The screen is color and the unit looks very much like the photo posted by Gary. I have just started flying this acft and the owner has no manuals available. It seems relatively intuitive, but its difficult to learn from experimentation while flying!

Thanks,

RB

http://www.sharkeys.com/N723BFphoto7.gif

md 600 driver
29th Oct 2007, 13:37
i have checked the picture and you have a skymap not a 3c
it is a
cm 2000 colour skymap
i saw this ship at the enstrom factory just before it was delivered

i have a operating and install manual but no pdf of it if you cant get pdf contact me by pm and we will talk and sort something out
regards steve

Clitheroe Kid
29th Oct 2007, 17:56
I have a pdf.

Let me know your email, i'll send it.

I also have an Enstrom 480. Had a full avionics refit at Tatenhill early this year. great job!

jellycopter
29th Oct 2007, 20:04
CK
If it's such a 'great job' why've you just upgraded again to a FlyMap?:ok:
How many GPS systems can one 480 take?:ugh:
See you soon
J

Edited to say I'm only kidding...........

md 600 driver
29th Oct 2007, 20:07
hi j
i had a skymap 3c and a colour skymap in my 480 which one has ck got its not kp is it

Clitheroe Kid
29th Oct 2007, 21:16
J.
Can't have too many toys. I know you're not a fan of touch screen, but i think you'll like this when you use it. Thinking about a radalt as well.

CK

VeeAny
28th Nov 2007, 09:47
Rick

Now have a .pdf of the CM2000 [Color Skymap] manual.

PM Me if you want a copy.

Gary

loggerman
13th Mar 2009, 23:47
any advice on how to update the map on my skymap 111c can it be done on line or do i have to send the machine in to a dealer ?
thanks

robin
14th Mar 2009, 00:15
Simple -

Unscrew the 2 large screws and open the back. You'll see a silver 'flash' card slotted in. You just swap that with a new card obtainable from Harry Mendelsohn or from Bendix/King themselves

Cost around £80 when you send back the old card. I took mine to Air Expo and had it done on the spot.

PENNINE BOY
24th Mar 2010, 18:36
Looking for costs for updating the data base, has anybody managed to update by your own card reader?

PB

dypen
5th Nov 2011, 20:59
It was exactly what I was looking for, thanks! This is older equipment but still appropriate for those who have old equipment integrated into aircraft. Thinking of Bendix / King Skymap IIIC (or Tracker IIIC) panel mounted. What price for updating maps and software for example if you want both the U.S. and EUR or EUR and EEU ?

DennisK
6th Nov 2011, 19:21
Hope our mods will allow .... have a Sony GPS in the Jag, circa 2002 ... boot mounted with a removable disc. Info now out of date. Jaguar have the nerve to tell me there's no later disc available. Anyone out there know how I can get updated. I'd pay good money! The GPS is virtually useless as it stands. Thanks hopefully. Dennis K

PS Does a 2002 Jag rate as Nostalgia?

dypen
6th Nov 2011, 20:54
Simple -

Unscrew the 2 large screws and open the back. You'll see a silver 'flash' card slotted in. You just swap that with a new card obtainable from Harry Mendelsohn or from Bendix/King themselves

Cost around £80 when you send back the old card. I took mine to Air Expo and had it done on the spot.

I forgot to quote my previous post :) thanks again! Is this a fair price and maps with airspace boundaries for VFR / IFR flight ?

Database Update For Skymap IIIc Topo. (http://www.gps.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=176&strPageHistory=related)

md 600 driver
7th Nov 2011, 06:58
Pm me if you want a genuine upgrade at less than half that price 2 only this quarter and last quarter

asukaj
29th Feb 2012, 19:50
Good Day ppl,
I know this is an old thread but i have this GPS and i would like to know one thing.
What is the best software to use to plan the route on your pc and then transfer it to your GPS? preferably free software.
thank You in advance

Swiss Cheese
1st Mar 2012, 11:44
http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/Agusta%20A109A%20II,%20N2NR%2011-11.pdf

Ready2Fly
2nd Mar 2012, 15:02
Interesting read.
...so the terrain mapping is a representation of only the main features and, for capacity reasons, the terrain over 2,000 ft is not modelled in the database.

However the Pilot Guide and Operating Manual for the Skymap system also says:
‘This equipment is not a replacement for your chart. It is intended as an aid to VFR navigation only.’

Swiss Cheese
5th Mar 2012, 12:06
We are all taught VFR and how to fly in that flight regime. However, I suspect that GPS devices are relied up increasingly for VNAV too - even though the official line will be that charts and eyeball are of course used as primary nav sources!