PDA

View Full Version : Where to get my CPL-H in Oz

DutchMark
1st Feb 2007, 19:42
Hi everybody,

i'm from the Netherlands.
Next year i want to do a CPL-H course in Australia.
Being this far away it's pretty hard to get a good idea what school is best to train at.
Looking around on the internet i found 2 schools that stood out:
- Becker Helicopters
- PHS
I wrote both schools an email, explaining that i was interested in enrolling in their course.
Got a very nice and informative mail back from Becker, and a somewhat shorter mail from PHS.
Fact is that PHS is alot cheaper for overseas students then PHS.
What i'm curious about is what the difference in training and career prospects after graduation is at both schools.

Also found Chopperline, Blue Tongue, Helicopter group and Bankstown Helicopters thanks to the search engine of the forum.
Gonna look into them next.
But anyone who has an opinion about the schools mentioned above, please write something down.
Because of the Visa i have to make a decision on where to go before i get in the plane, so i can't visit the schools and make a choice based upon my own experience.

Thanks in advance for your trouble!:ok:

Whirlygig
1st Feb 2007, 22:02
You might want to ask this question in Rotorheads or, better still, search the training thread in Rotorheads - there's a lot of useful info there!

Cheers

Whirls

Torres
2nd Feb 2007, 07:54
Forget the rest - go to the best!! :}

Contact Tub Matheson at Chopperline (http://www.chopperline.com.au/), Caloundra, Queensland.

Tell him Torres sent you!!! :}

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
2nd Feb 2007, 08:18
Hi there,

I would recommend:

1) Graham Gillies at Blue Tongue Helicopters above all others, then,

2) Fleet Helicopters at Armidale,

These two schools offer very personal service in nice locations, the Chief Pilots of both organisations have many contacts with in the industry.

Personally i would give Beckers a very wide berth.

CougarNZ
3rd Feb 2007, 02:05
Come and enjoy a great time in New Zealand
www.helipro.co.nz

DutchMark
16th Feb 2007, 17:47
Thanks for all the replies guys.
I think I'm going for Chopperline, hear alot of good comments about them and received a friendly email from them including a clear information package.

Good luck flying!