PDA

View Full Version : China currencey CNY yen

ezrider
1st Feb 2007, 16:31
Thinking about a contract in China, But to be paid in CNY. Does anybody have any info on converting this money to US dollars to be tranfered out of China . Any help would be great, thanks ezrider.

purple head
4th Feb 2007, 00:51
Yeah, get a local Chinese person to come to the bank with you. Its quite difficult due to banking controles on foreigners. However if you make some chinese friends they can do it for you as long as they use there ID card. There is an official way to do it, but its a bit of a ball ach with all the paper work. see this link http://www.thatsbj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3733
Also I know one guy who just uses fed ex to send RMB home and says it's photos. he'd been doing it for over a year and no problems.
The banking systerm is developing all the time here and hopefully soon there wont be such a big problem with this.

ezrider
5th Feb 2007, 14:42
Thanks for the Info, Are you flying a contract now , I would like to talk to some one about China,

purple head
5th Feb 2007, 17:20
If its not flying related the best thing if you want to talk about china is find a forum for expats, like the ones at www.thats bj.com and post the question there. i can only give you my thoughts but on the forum you will get more views.