PDA

View Full Version : SA & Senegal to fight terrorism in aviation

4HolerPoler
1st Feb 2007, 15:24
Fantastic news! Now I can sleep peacefully at night :)

South Africa and Senegal undertook on Thursday to work together on fighting terrorism in aviation. An agreement on civil aviation security co-operation, which was signed in Pretoria, would allow the two parties to share information about airport security management, said the ministry of transport. "The two countries acknowledge the need to... exchange expertise on... air transport security," said the ministry's spokesperson Sam Monareng. The parties also undertook to share analyses and information aimed at protecting civil aviation, and promote civil aviation security in general. In addition the two countries would establish a joint aviation security committee to evaluate the co-operation between their civil aviation security authorities. Thursday's agreement would complement the bilateral air services agreement signed on June 30 1996.

What a load of codswallop. Not worth the paper it's written on. Neither of these pallooka's can even keep folk climbing into wheel-wells of north-bound airliners - SN Brussels engineers find dead body in A330 wheel well after flight from Dakar, second this weekend after Friday identical Delta 767 incident. Belgian carrier SN Brussels has confirmed that a deceased human body has been found inside the main gear wheel well Number 1 (left) of an Airbus A330-300 operating flight SN 204 from Banjul, The Gambia via Dakar, Senegal that landed at Brussels airport this morning. SN Brussels Airlines, which is soon to complete its merger with Virgin Express to become Brussels Airlines, says it is cooperating fully with the Belgian investigation authorities.
The incident comes two days after Delta Air Lines also found a dead stowaway in the right main wheel well of a Boeing 767 at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta international airport on Friday. Flight DL 035 had also originated in Dakar.

Wait, I gotta run this one again - "exchange expertise on......" :yuk: Sad thing is these guys believe this crud.

4HP

I.R.PIRATE
2nd Feb 2007, 08:40
Whats the old saying about if you tell yourself something enough times you might start to believe it yourself.....Once more I just think that they have no idea on where to place the focus in such matters, and opt for the easy route out, by saying what people expect them to say, to quell the masses.

Anyway, what changes will we notice due to this? Dunno, will wait a few years i guess..