PDA

View Full Version : PPL revalidation.

kanga
1st Feb 2007, 13:44
Hi folks, it's been a few years since i posted here...
i'm a bit out of touch with current legislation and your help would be hugely appreciated.

I qualified for a CAA PPL with RT back in 1999, from Ormond Beach in Florida. It is a UK licence. In 2001 I had it revalidated as i had the necessary hours completed. However I allowed it to lapse in 2003.

My problem is that I'm living in Ireland not the UK, and as far as I know, all I need to do is to take a few hours of re-climatisation and a check flight, but where can I do this? Can a JAR certified instructor sign my licence? Do I have to go all the way back to Florida or to the UK to get between four and ten hours of flying?

thanking you in advance,
Sean.

BEagle
1st Feb 2007, 13:56
According to the CAA:

Until such time as EC Directive 91/670/EEC is withdrawn, a UK National licence can still be validated in other EU States.

If your PPL was issued in 1999, it is a 'lifetime' UK National licence. It would thus seem that all you need to do is to pass the SEP Class Rating Licensing Skill Test with a Flight Examiner authorised to do so. Such as a PPL Examiner authorised by the IAA. He/she can then sign your Certificate of Revalidation and off you go.

But you would be best advised to check this with the UK CAA first.

Any views, Whopity?

the dean
1st Feb 2007, 14:09
kanga...i think beagle is right.

check with the caa.

i have renewed several for the caa...at the request of the iaa.

if the caa agree you can do it,. put your request to the iaa and depending on where you are they will allocate an examiner.

when the LST ( licence skill test ) is done they will return the paperwork to the caa with a copy of the examiners authority and the caa will renew.the LST can be done abroad if the caa agree the jurisdiction.

good luck..:ok:

the dean.