PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - No amenity kits for ID pax

Cikpigeon
1st Feb 2007, 08:47
Well for those who want to join, here is a sample of the new staff travel policy :\

POLICY TITLE:
AMENITY KITS POLICY FOR ETIHAD STAFF TRAVELLING ON ID TICKETS.
Effective date: 01 February, 2007.
SCOPE:
This policy applies to all Etihad Airways staff members travelling on ID and/
Duty Travel tickets in Pearl and Diamond Zone
This policy applies to all Etihad Airways staff dependents and/or travelling
companions travelling on ID tickets in Pearl and Diamond Zone.

POLICY PROCEDURE:
Amenity kits will be offered by the cabin crew, to all guests travelling in Pearl and Diamond Zone, this includes Etihad Airways staff passengers travelling ID tickets and/or duty travel in these zones.
When Etihad Airways staff passengers (on ID tickets, duty travel) are offered an Amenity kit by the Cabin Crew, the Etihad staff passengers MUST politely decline the offer by not accepting the Amenity kit.
This policy applies to all staff and their dependents and/or travelling
companions on ID tickets.
Please advise your dependents and travelling companions of this policy.
Amenity kits are a high value item. Cabin Managers are required to complete Amenity Kit control form on every flight, detailing the number of guests on board, and the number of kits distributed to guests.
Q&A:
Q: Why am I being offered an Amenity kit, if I am required to decline the
offer?
A: There are many reasons for this; however the most obvious is the following.
o All guests must be treated equally and offered the same standards of
service so as not to raise the curiosity of the guests, by inadvertently
identifying you as a staff member.

green lemon
1st Feb 2007, 09:06
They have been doing board meetings for months to decide how many peanuts we will get!! the result: Nothing oh no sorry villa on moonland far from everything!! and if you decide to get a apart (more suitable for your familly) you will have to deal with mr Hopless SR
S:mad: on you EY!!.. you are and will stay the cheapest airline in the gulf..
You will only attrack 320 guys if they dare showing up!!

outofsynch
1st Feb 2007, 11:34
gee green lemon - are you having a bad day? Check your spelling/grammar, and your attitude!

White Knight
1st Feb 2007, 11:53
But my dear fellow - this is policy at a lot of airlines:ugh:
"Cabin manager":= Do they mean purser???

belly5
1st Feb 2007, 12:13
same policy is in place at QR

outofsynch
1st Feb 2007, 12:18
exactly - and why would you want one anyway?

GTR-34
1st Feb 2007, 12:19
one wonders what will happened if the staff took the offer instead of declining it.. Pay Cut??:ugh:

Icarus
1st Feb 2007, 13:54
Welcome to the world of JH et al. Did the same at GF. Next will be the removal of F-class on duty-travel to preserve the integrity of the product. Hope you get more than a two line email notifying the change; that's all we got and 3 years later the Staff Travel and Personnel Manuals have still not been re-published to reflect the change! Makes me wonder what takes precedent, two line from the Secretary to the Board or the Company manuals!

Having said that, they are sensible measures, they just take getting used to if you have travelled F-class for many years and now have to sit one cabin back! Oh yeah - doesn't apply to pilots of course! Still have to dead-head 1 hour to MCT for 12 hours rest in bloody F-Class! Poor b@ggers!

apaddyinuk
1st Feb 2007, 15:06
Same policy in BA too!!! Sad isnt it?

GoreTex
1st Feb 2007, 16:07
they just copied this policy from EK, its in the manual for years but nobody cares about it

mutt
1st Feb 2007, 16:43
why would you want one anyway

Where else is one supposed to keep computer bits and cables??

Mutt

Frozen Turtle
1st Feb 2007, 19:05
In Emirates you get the normal service as ID pax, including these "kits".

Fish
2nd Feb 2007, 07:49
I've just left EK and returned home and my boxes of stuff arrived the other week. After unpacking, I have now counted 14 male amenity kits and 7 female kits in either first or business variety. Apart from making great cases for youiPod and accessories, I don't know what to do with them all. eBay? :}

kumul1
2nd Feb 2007, 12:28
Get used to it Cikpegion, If the Airline wants to expand 10 fold overnight you will have to expect bad rostering, lack of planning, cc turnover, etc.etc, just look at EK a 'reasonably more established '(ahem) airline!!! As for the amenity kit, all is needed is your own tooth brush while traveling, besides the amenity kit takes up space for all the not so dutyfree booze.

the TRUTH about EY
3rd Feb 2007, 07:43
Hiya there

I'm a Cabin Crew flying with Etihad Airways and after reading this memo I had to make sure to give amenity kit from Business class ( Pearl Zone ) to some of my work mates flying to Bangkok on board even if they are in Economy class ( Coral Zone )... and not just the Amenity kit but I gave them the most expensive champgane and wine on board.

Well do they think I mean the Management the Cabin Crew do really give a ****e abou this memo. Crew in hundreds are leaving EY to QR and EK and just in December 300 Crew resinged from here and in one day in December 45 Cabin Crew resinged... latest rumours is saying they are going to hire 600 Romanians on their recruitment in Bucharest.

Green Lemon I gree with you Mate.. they just have decided to count peanuts. Poor Management and they treat cabin Crew like Labour workers.

the question is who did get salary increasment in EY... Not Cabin Crew.. Not Cockpit Crew... only the Management and PW his salary just trplied.

No wonder they are having diffculities recruiting Cabin and Cockpit Crew.. You made your bed then sleep in it.

Cheers

EasyGo-Lucky?
3rd Feb 2007, 08:06
I'm a Cabin Crew flying with Etihad Airways and after reading this memo I had to make sure to give amenity kit from First class ( Diamond Zone ) to some o my work mates flying to Bangkok on board even if they are in Economy class ( Coral Zone ).

If I understand you correctly you gave champagne, wine and amenity kits from Diamond Class to your friends travelling aboard EYs flight to Bangkok?

Just wonder how since its a B77W on the route and there is no Diamond Class on the aircraft?

ExSimGuy
4th Feb 2007, 18:21
Crew in hundreds are leaving EY to QR and EK

Hey guys, make your minds up - I thought it was QR who were such a $h11ty airline that crew in their hundreds were leaving . . . to . . . (EY?) :confused:

BTW - USAir still offer the amenity kits to ID100s - though I already have the fold-up toothbrush in my coat pocket so I don't bother:E