PDA

View Full Version : Class one medical.

Life boat
31st Jan 2007, 19:08
A quick question.

I hold an aussie CPL and of course a class one medical. I also hold a UK/JAA ATPL with a class one medical.
For the last 12 years I have kept my Australian licence current by doing an annual renewal of my Australian class 1 medical whenever I went for my European class one renewal. (My medical examiner in JAA-land is CASA accredited)

I have recently turned 40 (buggar) and now my renewal comes up every six months, is this the same for the Aussie medical???????
(It could make it expensive given that CASA is charging to process the medical application every time you renew it, but that is beside the point here really)

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN BE OF HELP....;)

Regards,

Artificial Horizon
31st Jan 2007, 19:55
Do you have a UK JAA Class 1 medical, because if so there has just been a change in regulations so that your post 40 medical is now only every year. Check with you AME, he/she will have all of the details.:)

Life boat
31st Jan 2007, 20:45
Artificial Horizon,:ok:

Thanks mate,

you are right, I´ve just checked the UK/CAA website, and according to that my next renewal (tomorrow) will be valid for 12 months again. I only did the last examination 6 months ago, but since it was before the rules took effect (Dec 2006) I will have to do my renewal tomorrow.
Thank you again for the info.

Is this the same in Australia, am I good for 12 months, or do they require renewals every 6 months????

Regards, Life Boat

Arm out the window
31st Jan 2007, 23:46
Still 12 months in Australia for the Class 1.

Andy_RR
1st Feb 2007, 03:14
I had some inkling it was possible to arrange for a JAR medical to be accepted by CASA, so you could keep your two licences with one medical.

This may be only for class 2, or i may be confusing SPL or some such arrangement, but one fellow I know reckons it's possible to do.

Does anyone know more?

A