PDA

View Full Version : UK JAR PPL Validity

Golf Alpha Whisky
31st Jan 2007, 06:30
UK JAR PPL is issued for a period of five years from date of issue.

Revalidations are every 24 months by Certificate of Experience or Certificate of Test.

What happens at the end of year 5? How is the license validated / reissued beyond that period?

BEagle
31st Jan 2007, 07:08
You fill out form SRG\1102 (downloadable at http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1102.PDF), then send it with a copy of your Medical Certiicate to the CAA.

Plus, of course Form SRG\1187 and payment for (currently) £63...:mad:

And the CAA's original RIA claimed that maintaining a JAR-FCL PPL(A) would be cheaper than maintaining a UK (lifetime) PPL.......:hmm:

Golf Alpha Whisky
31st Jan 2007, 07:30
Thanks Beagle - link doesn't work for me but in any case ..... I presume that there is no "re test" required and that revalidations would continue by CoE or CoT every 24 months i.e. reissue license at the end of year 5 and revalidate at the end of year 6 by CoE or CoT?

matelot
31st Jan 2007, 08:23
RENEWAL is an admin exercise every five years. REVALIDATION is the 2-year cycle of reassessment of competence (basically.)

BEagle
31st Jan 2007, 10:32
Link should work now! ) in wrong place - sorry!

Renewal is the action required when something has lapsed
Revalidation is the action taken to maintain validity

Technically, a licence is 're-issued' - some numpty at the CAA cocked up the description. There is NO test, you just fill in the form showing your Rating validity dates etc. But you must have a valid aircraft Class (or Type) Rating as well as a valid medical certificate.

So, last year I revalidated my Medical, SEP Class Rating, IMC Rating and FI Rating and was reauthorised as an Examiner; this year I need to have my licence reissued.

Simple, really...........:confused: