PDA

View Full Version : Operations

ozzieb88
30th Jan 2007, 19:55
Hi

Just want to know from your experiances, what can be expected at a operations interview? :confused: This being for a small biz jet company.

I was going to post in there but you big boys and girls are the actual people that work the ops so i thought better to ask in here.

All help would really really really be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Oz

ozzieb88
31st Jan 2007, 11:13
anyone help at all????

highflyer101
31st Jan 2007, 19:37
I work for a regional airline as an ops controller. as long as you research the company, know something about the services they offer eg routes. try to find out about the aircraft they operate and be sensible. Are you fresh from college or do you have experience? either way it wont make a difference. my manager has taken on more fresh blood from college recently after creating a supervisor role. good luck

desertfltops
1st Feb 2007, 10:43
hi,

For a biz-jet company you will most likey be a jack of all trades, arranging everything from fuel and gnd handling to flight plans ad overflight clearances and perhaps even the bossman's(or bosslady) newpapers and transport between hotel and aircraft. Depending on where you work you may have to prepare the flight paperwork and put together an airfield brief depending on your area of operation. Bizjets will go quite often go where airliners cannot so familiarity with your jepps or aerrads is important for those tricky little places with shorter runways.

You tend to deal with demanding people where delays are not an option and cancellations dont exist, flexibility is the key and emphasize your attention to the little details. Good organisation skills and the ability to think fast are important traits in any ops but especially in bizjet ops as they tend not to have the extra help on hand that you'll find with the airlines.

Good luck

ozzieb88
1st Feb 2007, 13:20
thanks guys!

just got to revise all of last years work then! Im starting to not like leaving college soon....safe haven compared to this big bad aviation world!! :\

gotta do it tho! :ok:

thanks again!

oz