PDA

View Full Version : Highland Airways

captainyonder
30th Jan 2007, 16:05
Can anyone tell me what sort of pay I could expect at Highland Airways as a type rated first officer on the Jetstream 31?

Floppy Link
30th Jan 2007, 19:02
Probably PPJN (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=nkm37bymn9bhba14fxffnbtck76en4mzbvq8ubg49h7a gw2ng7t) could, if you ask them nicely...:E

captainyonder
30th Jan 2007, 21:05
Many thanks Floppy Link, don't know why I had such a hard time tracking them down on PPJN.

Luke SkyToddler
1st Feb 2007, 16:17
The basic F/O salary equates to about 1380 quid per month in hand, plus flight pay that I would say averages out around 200 per month for the INV pilots and a bit less for the W24 ones (hard to budget on the flight pay because it varies wildly according to what the charter schedule is like for the month, can be as low as 50 or as high as 500).

King Chav
19th Oct 2008, 18:19
Hello all

I saw an advert on Flight Global a little while ago and was wondering if Highland Airways are still looking for pilots to be based in Inverness and Warton ?

Could anyone shed light on what the roster is really like for both bases please? Can you expect 2 or 3 days off in a row at all, or is it all mix 'n match style?

I have checked ppjn for the other info.

Thanks a lot,
:ok:

mikehammer
22nd Oct 2008, 16:31
From what I've heard from friends on the inside, they have plenty FOs at the moment, but a shortage of captains. Rosters seem fairly unstable, with FOs flying only a small amount, captains flying more. I don't know about bases other than INV.

highlandinstructor
22nd Oct 2008, 18:28
Mike is correct. It depends on your base. Guys in Inverness don't work much, but their rosters are still chaotic. A lot of standby, with up to 5 or 6 on stanby each day. We have 2 FO's on the paper run each day, one to fly one to unload papers. Expect to fly 300 hrs a year. Skippers on the other hand are working extremely hard, minimum days off and lots of changing to rosters.
Elsewhere it's pretty stable. Warton roster doesn't change much. Very Long days but weekends off. And duty hours are so high can't be used for much else.
Cardiff is the same, but a bit more disruption with work at weekends etc. Just taken on a min hours FO there so not sure if more needed.

King Chav
17th Dec 2008, 15:23
Is PPJN correct ?

It states that Highland Airways are looking for J31 Captains.

Anyone got some inside information about the current needs ?

TTFN :ok:

72jetjok
20th Dec 2008, 11:19
Well I've applied several times over the last 6-12 months and they keep ignoring me....(8500 hours, piston, turboprop and jet with loads of p1)..
However I am 59 so that could be a problem I suppose..?

captplaystation
20th Dec 2008, 17:14
In a 2 crew scenario no, J31 isn't flown single crew is it ?
It does say on ppjn mind you "must be willing & able to load and unload newspapers", (I'm fine with reading them :rolleyes: ) I guess they are maybe looking for some strapping 25 yr old. :*

StraightLevel
21st Dec 2008, 09:32
72jetjok,

i doubt your age is an issue.

have you applied to the correct person?

ppjn is a little out of date with regard to contact info.