PDA

View Full Version : Pilot earnings in Mexico

aviator2007
30th Jan 2007, 14:51
Hi Folks,

could anybody of you give me some serious information what Mexican Pilots (prefered in the General Aviation sector if possible) earn per year ?

I am also glad, if you could additionally say some words about the current pilot market situation in Mexico in general.

Thank you very much in advance!

Aviator07

martin_cfi
30th Jan 2007, 21:41
aviator2007

I donīt quite get what you mean about general aviation pilotsī income, but if you mean flight instructors i can tell you the pay is very low, plus thereīs not much to do. consider the fact that an hour in a c172 runs about 200 to 250 US dollars, so not many people training.

Also if you are considering going to mexico bear in mind that UNLESS YOU WERE BORN IN MEXICO, you CANīT get a commercial license regardles of your flight experience and ratings abroad. Even if you become a citizen of mexico after a few years of living in the country or marry a mexican girl/boy you canīt still get the license.

they will only give you a private pilot license with multiengine and instrument rating if you have them..but NO TYPE RATINGS whatsoever. you canīt even train here to get a type rating.

Summary:
*If you are not a Mexican BORN = Only private pilot license
*With only private pilot license = no work possible

hope this helps, and if you have any further questions iīll be glad to help you.

Capt. Martin

Panama Jack
31st Jan 2007, 06:46
Over the last few years, Mexican airline pilot wages and conditions have been ravished with the emergence of Low-Cost Carriers. Used to be that airline wages and conditions in Mexico were top notch, thanks to Mexicana, AeroMexico, and ASPA's stronghold, but no more.

aviator2007
31st Jan 2007, 09:00
Hi guys,

thanks for your postings.

I am sorry for my less detailed question.

I donīt wanna work in Mexico, just need some information for an aviation study (for my university diploma)

Could anybody of you give me some figures - how much is a (low) standard pilots wage in Mexico (maybe the same as in other Middle/South American states or for newbies in USA)?

I have already thought that the wages are low :) , the question is how low is (very) low? :\

(General Aviation = non Airline, probably not very much in Mexico, maybe some Helicopter? -> but any figures are welcome!!)

Thank you in advance!

Aviator2007

dedeita
3rd Feb 2007, 20:04
If you work for a LCC annual average 80 000 usd for captains and 48 000 usd for copilots. Lot of difference in the flag carriers, annual average for captains 170 000 usd and 110 000 usd for copilots. dont forget taxes, around 28%. hope this helps (medium jets)

aviator2007
4th Feb 2007, 17:19
Thank you dedeita!

I donīt know what the salaries for pilots are elsewhere in the region,
and which hour/rating requirements have Mexican Airlines for their personell.

But when I compare dedeitaīs figures with similar positions for example in Europe, I just can tell you that your collegues will shake their heads when they hear that someone call dedeitaīs figures (very) low!:eek:
(especially in the LLC sector)

It seems to me that the market protection of the Mexican government works right:E

dedeita or all others, do you have some other information concerning the pilots market in Mexico?

Do Airlines hire personell directly from school or what are minimum requirements?

What is a typical pilot career in Mexico?

Is the demand after pilots and pilots searching a job balanced?
How high is the unemployment rate in the pilot sector in Mexico?

Thank you very much!

Aviator

Freddieboy
7th Mar 2007, 01:04
Would you have any idea on how to obtain a Private Pilot license from Mexico. I have property there and travel there often, but my plane is currently regestered in the US?

Any information would help.

I am worried about my medical is the reason.

Freddieboy

trikehawk
31st Jan 2013, 15:34
@Martin_CFI.

Thank you for your post. I am trying to understand this rule some more, just to get it clairified. I understand to get a commercial pilot's or ratings you must be a naturally born citizen. Does this count for any and all aircraft? What about small (ultralight type/ single engine, open cockpit), that are fully certified aircraft with airworthy certification etc...?

This sounds like a rule to be a commercial pilot etc...?

Wondering if you could shed some light on this?

I really appreciate it.

BlenderPilot
31st Jan 2013, 19:56
@Martin_CFI.

Thank you for your post. I am trying to understand this rule some more, just to get it clairified. I understand to get a commercial pilot's or ratings you must be a naturally born citizen. Does this count for any and all aircraft? What about small (ultralight type/ single engine, open cockpit), that are fully certified aircraft with airworthy certification etc...?

This sounds like a rule to be a commercial pilot etc...?

Wondering if you could shed some light on this?

I really appreciate it.

Regardless of aircraft . . . to get a CPL in Mexico you have to have been born in Mexico.

Now if you want to operate an N registered aircraft as a pilot in Mexico, there are ways around it, even if you have a foreign CPL and are not Mexican.

I am a Commercial Pilot Working in Mexico, Helicopter. Take care!

federico100mt
11th Sep 2013, 15:00
Hi!

do you know fixed wing pilots with FAA license working there? Are there differents N airplanes?

regards,
federico

diego727
22nd Oct 2013, 05:18
I am a turboprop First Officer working for a Mexican cargo company, I take home between 3,000 and 3,500 USD a month on average, captain salary on the same plane is around 6,000 USD. For the larger aircraft captains can make upwards of 15,000 USD a month, sometimes even more...as for passenger airlines FO's make anywhere from 2,000 to 7,000 on average and captains 4,500 to 15,000 on the big metal.

As for general aviation salaries, I know people flying mostly single engine props and twin turboprops and they make as low as 1,000 USD or less a month to 5,000, I don't really have a number for pilots flying corporate jets like Falcons, Gulfstreams and the like, but from what I've heard some of them are really well paid.