PDA

View Full Version : A321's

Mr Al Coholic
29th Jan 2007, 23:06
I've heard from quite a few people over the last month that theres a handfull of A321's coming to our shores this year as Airbus can't give Jetstar A320's due to production line slots being full??

Not to stir up the Qantas boys, but also heard Star Class has been a huge success on long haul and they will introduce it across the A320/21 fleet with the A321's doing off peak city-flyers. :hmm:

plainmaker
30th Jan 2007, 02:07
Is this a wind -up? :hmm:

Considering the 321 comes off the same line as a 320, just where are these 'supposed 321's coming from?

I would have thought Airbus would have moved heaven and Earth to get QF what they want in view of QF's support for the 380 and 330 line.

But then again I have been wrong before

Arsey Eight
30th Jan 2007, 04:01
I've heard the same thing. Word has it is part of Qantas' extra A380 order, by offering A321's as a sweetner.

A321's are not off the same A320 production line. They are from Hamburg, not Toulouse.:ok:

airbusthreetwenty
30th Jan 2007, 04:22
Yeah I've heard whispers of a domestic starclass product being offered.

With the way the schedule is at the moment there is a SYD-MEL positioning flight operated as JQ103 on Mondays with the 330. You're able to book seats on it, but as far as I'm aware you're unable to purchase starclass seats on it. There is also a flight on Tuesday from MEL-SYD.

SkyScanner
30th Jan 2007, 04:49
Just to refresh my memory, can someone tell me when they actually ordered more 320's? Last time i checked there were no more orders for jetstar domestic..

domo
30th Jan 2007, 04:55
but also heard Star Class has been a huge success on long haul and they will introduce it across the A320/21 fleet

star class seats are the same seats as qantas business class(milliumeum) but have a high cost low maintenance leather seat cover. i pefer the electric contour but they squeeze more milliumeum in so it became the seat of choice introduced by the ex-british VH-zx series

lowerlobe
30th Jan 2007, 05:51
If QF introduced a premium Y/C seat it would be a huge hit on L/H flights but QF is about as innovative as North Korea is democratic....:*

Darth does not seem interetsed in improving the QF product just the bogan air concept.

The next ice age will arrive before QF comes up with a new idea

Aussie
30th Jan 2007, 07:24
anyone know when these A321's are suppose to be arriving?

airbusthreetwenty
30th Jan 2007, 07:28
Sometime after the A380... possibly one day.

:E

international hog driver
30th Jan 2007, 17:38
First fact, 321’s come from a different production line.
320’s from France
318/319/321 from Hamburg, Germany
Rumour here is that the “Euro” 320 line is definitively moving to Hamburg and Toulouse will become all widebody production.
The “Chinese” 320 line will start as a kit construction line until the 320”NG” comes along and after that all classic 320’s will be Chinese and “NG” ex Europe.
Second
Having dealt very recently with some Hamburg delivery people I can fully believe that 320 slots are a rare as hens teeth for the next 12 months, even some European airlines are wet leasing in aircraft as Airbus cant deliver on time.
Pax airfare………….$59-
Pilots wage…………$69-
321’s for Bogan star…… Priceless!

SkyScanner
31st Jan 2007, 04:51
Still cannot understand how JetStar will be receiving 321s if they DON'T have any on order. Sounds like a windup to me...

Bolty McBolt
31st Jan 2007, 05:01
that theres a handfull of A321's coming to our shores this year as Airbus can't give Jetstar A320's due to production line slots being full??

Complete and utter fiction :ok:

Arsey Eight
31st Jan 2007, 05:07
Quite easy Skyscanner, its called 'undisclosed customers'. Or alternatively, guaranteed slots 'on the production line', when an announcement is made by the airline in question.

Theres lots of 'wheelin & deelin' that goes on. For example : retrofitting some of the JQ aircraft with slide rafts. :8

airbusthreetwenty
31st Jan 2007, 05:08
HAhaha. I just had a thought, what if they're for that Fly Gold Airline or whatever it's supposed to be called? Aren't they supposed to be using 320/321 series aircraft??!

:E

SkyScanner
31st Jan 2007, 05:13
That's my point. There has been NO announcements. Given QF's history of letting everyone know well in advance about aircraft ordering and the impending takeover, one would think disclosure of such an important issue is pertinent to the market.

Skystar320
5th Feb 2007, 03:02
been givin a date of early august for them to arrive. Would be nice to see a grown up pencil stick in the skies......

Its a change from the metros

Howard Hughes
5th Feb 2007, 03:20
If QF introduced a premium Y/C seat it would be a huge hit on L/H flights but QF is about as innovative as North Korea is democratic....:*
Love it!:ok:

Zeke
5th Feb 2007, 11:59
Be an intersting aircraft to fly CNS-DRW-SIN-SGN/KUL and PER-SIN with.

Bolty McBolt
6th Feb 2007, 02:40
been givin a date of early august for them to arrive. Would be nice to see a grown up pencil stick in the skies......

This is the same date for the next bunch of A330 s to arrive X 8
From August to Feb.
Are you sure your not hearing about the A330s at the F.A.L. in Toulouse

podbreak
6th Feb 2007, 06:51
Be an intersting aircraft to fly CNS-DRW-SIN-SGN/KUL and PER-SIN with.

Ahh, but that would mean they would be going to J*Asia on the Singaporean register.

Skyscanner; No announcements need be made until the deal is completely done, and they are happy with aircraft selection. People knew months before the VB JJ order.

A320 class aircraft slots are interchangeable (obviously with fees incurred). If the A320 production line is full for sometime to come, and if J* prefers the A320, they may have reserved A321 slots until a customer defaults or defers their A320 order, at which point the A321 slots may be converted.

OhForSure
7th Feb 2007, 00:29
Not that I buy this for a second, BUT if true it would be interesting to see whether they opt for the -100 or the -200 series. If PER-SIN is in question, or trans-continental ops are on the cards, you'd have to assume the -200 would get the nod. A319s would seem more likely for BNE-HBA / MEL-NTL / SYD-LST and the like.