PDA

View Full Version : Plz give me professional help regarding CPL.

salmanhaiderkhan
21st Jan 2007, 12:38
The governing body for commercial flying in Pakistan is CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) and after completion of CPL (Commercial Pilot Liscence) we have 200 hours with us, including the Instrument rating, and navigation and all. I mailed to a few flying schools here but didn't get a satisfying reply or more precisely..never got a reply. I know my limitations being a pakistani, but if my choosing commercial flying from pakistan is a hinderence in getting a job worldwide, i may look for other options as well.

I am aware that there are some flying schools in pakistan, but i have no idea which one is the best? The other thing is the fear that being 28 years old and after the completion of the course, i shall be having only 200 hours at my disposal. Will there be any job opportunities for me? Because what i fear and foresee is, that there are many young pilots now stepping in the commercial flying profession, and also many who leave air force with many a hundred or thousand hours at their disposal. Will i be competitive enough to meet this professional challenge being 28 years old (although medically fit)?

The other thing is, being a pakistani, will there be any discriminations in the europian or american aviation industries for me?

Though i know the eligibility criteria and certain other professional requirements for CPL, but i am quite ignorant of the exact INSIDE of the aviation industry and the future of those who join it or are joining it. Please, with due respect, i ask you to please guide me if i should really step into doing CPL and taking it up as career and full time profession, by telling me those things that you command being an active member of the aviators community.

I thank you, and seek that help what i feel sorry i couldn't get from a pakistani flying professional or school.

Regards,

salman Haider Khan

BlueRobin
21st Jan 2007, 12:46
Well your English seems good enough. I guess it should be easy for you to migrate to the UK and obtain residency? :)

Perhaps you should consider converting to a UK-issued JAR licence? A chum from Kenya thinks this is the way to go. Is Pakistan an ICAO signatory? That should help with the conversion.

LASORS describes what is required.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_07.pdf

Expect to go through theory and skill tests again. There is no easy conversion route into the JAR system from outside it. But once you have a foot in the door, you have a licence that covers Europe and perhaps easily transferable to the US?

Walk the line
21st Jan 2007, 12:56
Welcome to the forum!

I have to agree-your english is excellent! Anyway, from what I understand-you don't actually have a license yet. Why don't you consider applying for a study visa for the UK (Oxford) or Spain (FTE Jerez) and doing an integrated course of flying training? (Financially viable?)

That way-you will have a JAA CPL Multi-Engine Instrument rating. This will be transferrable with the ICAO Pakistani requirements (also very closely related to British-given the history), AND it will make you employable with European companies too.

Your age is definitely NOT an issue, this has been discussed by many on this forum already; people up to 50 have been known to bag their first job!!

Your nationality will most certainly not be an issue vis-a-vis employment, providing you satisfy Visa / Work Permit requirements.

Good Luck!

PlaneHomerS
29th Jan 2007, 19:19
Hi Salman,

The other thing is, being a pakistani, will there be any discriminations in the europian or american aviation industries for me?

I do not know the system pakistan employs but if you want to fly in Europe you will need JAA licenses and in the USA you will need FAA licenses. I don't think for a second you will be discriminated against if you are eligable for employment in Europe or the USA why do you think you would be?

The other thing is the fear that being 28 years old and after the completion of the course, i shall be having only 200 hours at my disposal

This is the same for us JAA boys but it is possible to get a job with these hours in Europe although paying for a type rating seems to be the norm these days :(

Will i be competitive enough to meet this professional challenge being 28 years old (although medically fit)?

Only you can answer that m8! Positive thinking all the way and never give up!

Though i know the eligibility criteria and certain other professional requirements for CPL, but i am quite ignorant of the exact INSIDE of the aviation industry and the future of those who join it or are joining it. Please, with due respect, i ask you to please guide me if i should really step into doing CPL and taking it up as career and full time profession, by telling me those things that you command being an active member of the aviators community.

Well pprune is a good place to start educating yourself. Reading aviation magazines and sites such as flight international will help you loads. :O

I thank you, and seek that help what i feel sorry i couldn't get from a pakistani flying professional or school.

Have you got a ppl or are you a noob like me?

by the way india is expanding like crazy and kingfisher is looking for many pilots, perhaps you should look into that!

good luck :ok:

+PHS

Whirlygig
29th Jan 2007, 22:49
I don't think for a second you will be discriminated against if you are eligable for employment in Europe or the USA why do you think you would be?

Oh dear, SHK, I hope you weren't watching Celebrity Big Brother ;) Honestly, we're not all like that!

Cheers

Whirls

divinesoul
30th Jan 2007, 07:24
@PHS

by the way india is expanding like crazy and kingfisher is looking for many pilots, perhaps you should look into that!

How many pakistanis do you know of working in India and vice versa except for anybody connected with each country's Embassies.

If you are aware how both of them are up against eachother's neck you wouldnt tell the guy how kingfisher is expanding and he being a pakistani should look in here.He doesnt stand even one in a million chance.same goes for Indians too other way around.

cheers

PlaneHomerS
30th Jan 2007, 08:34
I am not aware (neither do i care), all i was trying to do is give the boy some positive reinforcement... there is no harm in trying salman despite what divine has said...chin up and keep trying..:p :ok:

Oh and by the way the british pakistanis and indians that live near me seem to have a different view to you divine but i dont want to get off topic :yuk:

+PHS

yoda1
30th Jan 2007, 10:50
Hi Salman,

I agree with phs don't give up! and try all avenues...

If you are referring to a cpl and not the whole atpl, the following are the entry requirments (JAA):

Hold a PPL (A) issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1
Completed 5 hours night flight time
Completed 150 hours total flight time (200 hours is required for licence issue, 100 must be P1)
Completed 20 hours cross-country flight time as pilot-in-command
The cross-country flight time must include a qualifying 540 km cross-country flight
Hold a valid JAR first class medical certificate
Passed a course of theoretical instruction as set out in the JAR-FCL
The minimum age for issue of a CPL licence is 18

Oh dear, SHK, I hope you weren't watching Celebrity Big Brother ;) Honestly, we're not all like that!

big brother :yuk:

+yoda1

mcgoo
30th Jan 2007, 14:06
2 posts and both the same? Why post exactly the same as you did last week?

salmanhaiderkhan
30th Jan 2007, 16:58
I posted twice because for my first thread, i didn't get a satisfying (satisfactory) answer. So i went for the second, and this time i am happy..............that the people on this forum,,,,,,,DO CARE.:)

salmanhaiderkhan
30th Jan 2007, 17:02
Thank you so much for your help.....believe me,,, its the first time i feel someone has given a real answer to my question. :O:D:)