PDA

View Full Version : NZ GA Senic/Charter

Red777
29th Jan 2007, 13:32
Guud day all in NZ,

Just wondering if there is a web site that list job positions for GA pilots in NZ or if there is many operaters that take low time pilots eg 200+....

Your help will be most appreciated,

Red777

milkbottle
29th Jan 2007, 20:19
The website is www.pilotscantspell.co.nz, i think every operator is listed there/their/thear.

NZDP
29th Jan 2007, 20:22
List ?? Sorry GA Jobs are very few and far between at the moment. Can't even think of one off the top of my head that is going at the moment...

Red777
30th Jan 2007, 00:12
The website is www.pilotscantspell.co.nz, i think every operator is listed there/their/thear.

If you refering to the Guud Day part....have you ever heard a kiwi say good day!

ARPs
30th Jan 2007, 03:05
Good Afternoon,

Try this website.

http://www.touristflightoperators.co.nz/index.cfm

It does not advertise jobs but does list operators. Its the same old thing of ringing up or going around and showing up on their door step. It does not list all operators and it is fixed wing and rotary.

Not many operators will hire pilots with a fresh 200 hour CPL. It took me a while to track one down and by that time I had 300 hours.

Best of luck, Get out there while its still summer. It may be getting on a bit through the "busy" season!!!

ARPs

Cyclone Bob
30th Jan 2007, 18:14
With very few exceptions, most GA jobs are not advertised here anyway.

Cloud Cutter
30th Jan 2007, 19:05
G'day Red777

Are you currently in Aus and looking to move here? More info would be helpful. Generally the best way to get into a GA job in NZ (I'm sure, much like Aus) is to go and do the rounds, and meet with the operators you're keen on working for. They will give you at least an idea on their future hiring requirements, and you can go from there. There is still a reasonable amount of movement from GA to entry level airlines, so the odd GA position will come up.

Hope that helps.

Red777
31st Jan 2007, 00:47
Yeah im still living in Aus but will to move to get some international experience and i have family in NZ hence the decision of looking for job in NZ.

Also now with the Trans tasman agreement what is the process of converting my AUS CPL to an NZ CPL?

Help in most appreciated.

Red777

Cloud Cutter
31st Jan 2007, 03:17
Converting your CPL is reasonably straightforward. Just check out the TTMRA on the CAA (or i guess CASA) website.

What time is ECT?
31st Jan 2007, 19:14
www.caa.govt.nz

Click on "pilots" link on LH Side and scroll down and click on "For Australian professional pilots - getting your licence recognised in New Zealand"

It's a lot cheaper to have your AUS CPL changed to NZ CPL than the other way around. CASA charges for every type rating that they put on your license! Robbers!

Allow a month for the paperwork, especially the Fit and Proper person questionaire.

As to getting a job flying commercially, show up to a commercial operator with a plate of muffins at morning tea time, and ask their advice. If they like your style, then they will be straight up. Don't forget - there are plenty of door-knockers and cv senders. Stand out from the crowd.

Fly safe,
ECT?

Runaway Gun
2nd Feb 2007, 08:38
Who's photo should we put on it? ;) Would this help?
http://www.threewisheslingerie.com/images/milehighcaptain.JPG