PDA

View Full Version : Software System affects Re-Sale Value?

NFF PLS RTFM
29th Jan 2007, 10:27
In discussions over the last year or so I notice that many operators of Exuctive Jets believe that the resale value of their aircraft would be reduced by not using the "Preferred" software for tracking and planning the Maintenance and Engineering activity on their aircraft.
Do others feel the same - I woud appreciate your comment ?

It is my feeling that manufacturers and software providers are using this information to drive up the price charged for the "preferred" software and they also do not develop the product in a way that would suit the operators.

Many far superior and cost effective solutions exist in this market but the idea of changing the status quo and effecting the resale value of their asset hinders operators from exploring the options.

I will be up front and admit that I am involved in this market but would appreciate comments from any side of the argument.

Fossy
29th Jan 2007, 15:06
Your feeling is right, but it should not affect the resale value at all. It's not important at all, which tracking program you use, the only thing which is important that all tasks are covered.
By the way, I asked some major tracking providers and the enrollment for a aircraft aircraft is not so high. A BBJ costs approximately 11'000 $.