PDA

View Full Version : TOM a/c problem at ORY last night

UniFoxOs
29th Jan 2007, 08:09
Anybody know why the aicraft broke last night and couldn't be fixed? Just interested as I was coming back to CVT on it and would like to know why the delay occurred.

I have to say that I was completely impressed with Thomson's response to the problem. I guess it was very good luck but they managed to find an empty a/c (positioning, I presume, as there were no other pax and no drinks trolley), divert it to Orly and we were on the way again in two hours. Much better than any of us expected from a lo-co.

Harry

TightSlot
29th Jan 2007, 12:49
My lot: Don't know but may find out more later this week.

Glad to hear we minimised the problem, although it can't have been much fun for you - apologies

UniFoxOs
29th Jan 2007, 18:46
No need to apologise. Technical faults happen to everybody. From a customer service background myself, and a basic axiom is that you retain more customers when you have had a problem and put it right, than when you never have a problem. There were fourteen of us on the weekend away, all of us were pleased with the outcome and will definitely fly with you again when possible. Self and Mrs UFO have used TOM from CVT on quite a few occasions already with no problem, we are glad to see that you can cope with problems when they occur.

Harry

TightSlot
30th Jan 2007, 09:17
Problem was with an actuator for one of the spoilers (No.7) - I am reliably informed by somebody who knows (Thanks) :E

UniFoxOs
30th Jan 2007, 10:32
OK, Thanks for that.

Harry