PDA

View Full Version : FAA

WrongWayCorrigan
29th Jan 2007, 04:20
Hi there,

Does anyone have any idea how long the FAA medical dept. takes to get back to one after submitting requested additional medical examination results? Sent mine off a month ago and haven't heard.

2close
29th Jan 2007, 11:54
The AME issued my Cl.2 medical on the spot on viewing the medical reports and he sent them off to the FAA.

It was about 2 months or so later that I received a written reply from the FAA stating all OK provided no change in condition.

HTH

2close

WrongWayCorrigan
31st Jan 2007, 13:31
thanks, 2 close

Flyin'Dutch'
3rd Feb 2007, 06:22
They do their best to turn around evaluations as quick as possible.

Depending on the conditions the AME may be able to issue there and then with the additional information being sent off.

Sometimes they can not issue before they have had a look at all the information (I suspect from what you write that is what happened to you) Your AME may be able to find out how far yours is down the queue.

HTH

Frank Voeten
FAA AME

WrongWayCorrigan
5th Feb 2007, 07:26
Thanks to Flying Dutch too.
Papers came through last week, it was 5 weeks in total. Pretty good, I thought. All is well.
But interestingly the FAA asked questions based on a medical examination of about 10 years ago (have had about 5 x 2nd certificates at all times since then without a query) . Anyone had any similar experience recently with FAA - have they got a new computer system or something?

Flyin'Dutch'
5th Feb 2007, 07:38
Pleasure.

Main thing, you got your medical!

:)

Don't know why that is, suppose it will depend on what your 'problem' is now and what you reported before.

Happy Landings

FD