PDA

View Full Version : Bird Strike! Hilarious video!

Young Pilot
28th Jan 2007, 18:47
Grabbed this to share from another forum for those of you who may not have seen it. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYxlXUzgP8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYxlXUzgP8)

219joochiat
31st Jan 2007, 23:59
"Funniest thing....."
on what planet do you spend your time dude?:confused:
Oh yes! I see your name "young pilot"....
For the older folks, dont waist 8 minutes of your life on this, there's absolutely nothing:zzz:
....or tell me if I'm wrong...

Young Pilot
1st Feb 2007, 14:23
Negativity won't get you too far my friend. Oh on the "young pilot" comment, you're just as young as I am!!!!!!!!! Young at heart, something hopefuly you'll learn if you make it to the bigger world out there. But I shall be the mature one here and wish you all the best in what ever your future aspirations may be:hmm: .

Cheers!!!!!!!!

nosefirsteverytime
1st Feb 2007, 14:54
That one was ok...................

Reminded me of this one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU4Q4VyjyJM)

But this one beats the crop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7CAKWhOdc)

219joochiat
4th Feb 2007, 22:12
To Young Pilot,
sorry if it hurts, but we don't have the same taste buddy...I can't say it's hilarious when obviously I wished I had done something more fruitful with my 8 minutes.
That video was a bore. :hmm:
As to make it in the bigger world, thanks for your wishes, am on the metro and trying to get better use of my ATP and A320TR.

Bokomoko
5th Feb 2007, 07:44
Actually a funny video but I didn't understand why you chose this part of Pprune to put it...
Just a curiosity.

Young Pilot
5th Feb 2007, 16:50
Bokomoko, being that this is the Caribbean section of this forum, I thought it would have a greater appeal and appreciation here. I may have been wrong. No harm intended;) .

219joochiat, no grudge taken. Just hope I didn't scar you for life. If so, my deepest apologies:cool: .

Cheers!

cochise
7th Feb 2007, 13:34
219joochiat,
"As to make it in the bigger world, thanks for your wishes, am on the metro and trying to get better use of my ATP and A320TR"
Grow UP! I'll bet you're one of those guys who paid for their 320 type and ended up on the turboprop! Sour at the world because you haven't gotten the job your are entitled to. That comment about some of us older folks? What was that about? You're still wet behind the ears and in true west indian language need a good clout!
P.S The video is in this section because have you ever heard a thicker jamaican accent than on the video?

embrunman
8th Feb 2007, 14:52
As for me, I have never heard Jamaican accent, so I pretty much agree with 219joochiat, that this video is a bore.
So do you mean, it's only the accent which is funny here?
Might be:confused:
Because unlike 219Joochiat recommandation, I (tried to)watched the video....and personnally stopped after 4minutes10seconds.
As he said....No need to waste your time on this.
So I guess, it makes us 2 "sour at the world" and "wet behind the ears"...old man!

Young Pilot
8th Feb 2007, 16:48
Thanks cochise. I honestly do not think that someone who's not from the Caribbean or who has never been in contact with a Caribbean national will latch on to the humor in this video. But I don't plan to fan the flames here so I shall leave it at that. No one is under any obligation to think or comment in any other way than what they choose, whether that be maturely or immaturely:hmm: .

embrunman
12th Feb 2007, 14:50
So I will answer for him...
"...if you make it in the bigger world"
that's when Joochiat talked about his ATP and position on the metro.
If you are telling someone he is young, then I understand the guy's need to show us where he stands. There was nothing like "look at me I'm God", just an answer to Young pilot.
And because of that "he stinks"?
Well, maybe if you remove your nose from your arse it will smell better.
"Do not wast your precious time answering this post, oh, please, just do not"

NG_Kaptain
15th Feb 2007, 23:35
I'm 54, from the Caribbean and fly an Airbus.... I think its funny as hell. Nice one Young Pilot.
NG:)

Young Pilot
16th Feb 2007, 18:43
Appreciate it NG. It's guys like you who have 'made it' and don't have their heads stuck up their behind that keep me motivated and moving in the right direction:) .

Safe Flying:ok:

AF

elena
16th Feb 2007, 21:50
I haven't made it, not even PPL :sad:
and don't think it's that funny...
For those reasons, do I have my head stuck in my behind? :(

Calliper
16th Feb 2007, 23:02
This clip was made for 4 reasons.
a/ Inform an interested flightsimming public on a new A320 product.
b/ Entertain a side-crowd and make it curious.
c/ Get www-exposure in general.
d/ Earn money.
It worked extremely well on all that objectives.
Being mentioned even here, where the pro's meet, is evidence enough.
Humor is an ocean, and thus not everyone shares the same crest.
What can we do more, than to appreciate our fellow surfers and to apologize to all the others, whose vibes we did not catch.
Reading the early flaming posts in this thread, we again learn that the bad-mannered always suffer from insignificance.
Looking at the publicity we caused, we are delighted.

maetzlerbrothers
Producers of "This Bird Strikes"

elena
17th Feb 2007, 12:41
"Looking at the publicity we caused..."
9 people talking about this video...
what a publicity...!:hmm:
to tell it's boring is a "flaming post"?

jumpdrive
17th Feb 2007, 13:16
damn...............!
i lived in the antilles 2 years & it dont make me jump of my chair laughing
it sucks!

Calliper
17th Feb 2007, 23:10
Cher Elena,
no, it certainly is not a 'flaming post' to tell it's boring.
This is your opinion, and opinions are to be respected.
When we said 'earlier posts' we meant antérieure, not précédent.
When we said 'publicity' we meant not the 9 people talking here,
we meant the 680.000 downloads on our client's site
and the 25.000 views at YouTube, but the YouTube thing is
only the statistical control-parallax, so to speak.
If you happen to know a little bit about new media advertising,
you have to admit that this are above-average numbers
in a 90-day scope. In our very own market, we pitched another
5 projects because of this clip's popularity.
So we finally can afford, what always was our goal:
To travel 1st class, using Air France, the flying restaurant.
Tokyo is on schedule next week, Los Angeles in March.
All these outcomes push our moods obviously above the average
sour-milk tone in this thread. Poor Young Pilot, you only wanted to
share what you supposed to be likeable by others.
You have our compassion, but:
Don't worry, be happy.
We are.

maetzlerbrothers
Producers of "This Bird Strikes"

Young Pilot
18th Feb 2007, 18:51
Certainly Calliper. Life is far too short to break even a slight sweat on the replies concerning this video on here. I am certainly looking forward to whatever others you have in the making. Today's a new day with new surprises. If you're not strong in this world, there's no way you will survive. Keep pushing for better, and so will I. Good luck on your future endeavours.

Cheers!!!!!!!;)