PDA

View Full Version : Electronic flight bags

capt.sparrow
28th Jan 2007, 13:48
As we are all inundated with regular chart updates etc etc I would really like to make a move to being as paperless as possible, only printing what I need for each trip. I am interested in portable devices that can also be accessed in flight such as notebooks/tablet PCs or similar that can run something along the lines of Jeppview (nothing that is an addition to the aircraft). Any one here use an EFB system of sorts or have any suggestions to the best hardware options available?:confused:

aviation1st
29th Jan 2007, 03:47
Our company uses EFBs with JeppView and its great! I've been using them for the past 3 years and they work well. Definitely better than A-paging all the paper ones. All you do is insert the CD when the updates come. It takes about 5 minutes.

Switching between approach plates and airport diagrams, arrivals and departures is super simple. The computers we use are mounted right to the yoke - one on each side. JeppView also comes with a built in moving map feature which you can use if you have a GPS receiver - a simple USB connection.

Definitely look into it, saves time and weight in your aircraft.!! :ok:

Mal_206
29th Jan 2007, 03:52
I'm not sure what is in the other threads mentions above, but we have Panasonic Toughbook with Jeppview. Only print whats needed for each tour. Its a great little machine.

Think I paid about $3000 for it.

nouseforaname
29th Jan 2007, 11:54
Capt. Sparrow i've sent you a pm