PDA

View Full Version : Oman Pulling Out From Gf

gulfair_sexy
28th Jan 2007, 12:42
The news was in newspapers coupple a dayes back........is any one can confirm that?:sad:

keep_smiling
28th Jan 2007, 14:03
what i heard that Bahrain want 2 b only in Gulf Air.. why i dont know.. but nothing is mention in Oman newspapers.. i guess they r busy with the Gulf Cup..:E

boeingdriverx
28th Jan 2007, 14:34
what is your source ?

Newbie30
28th Jan 2007, 21:02
I heard that rumor too. Will it affect the omani pilots if Oman pulls out ?

all119
28th Jan 2007, 21:51
I think it will not effect the experienced pilots or pilots who are currently working with gulf air but the future pilots who want to join gulf air with low hours like pilots with frozen atpl :(

skywaytoheaven
28th Jan 2007, 22:09
It's Bull and yet another rumour....I may eat my words in the future, but this one is horse s**t......on on.:E

boiler
29th Jan 2007, 05:30
It was written in the Arabic newspapers on (last Friday I think) that one of the council members wants to make a petition so that the BAH gov. will buy out the Omani shares and then offer 51% of the shares to the public. He claimed that he talked to a number of businessmen and they all told him GF will return to profitability the company is in public hands and owned by 1 govt. He also claimed to have talked to many on the Omani side and they were all for it.

Sounds very fishy to me. I think he has some hidden agenda behind this. For one thing, good luck trying to convince the Omani govt. that BAH will buy all the traffic rights and leave Oman on its own with nothing. Ain't gonna happen.

trekster90
29th Jan 2007, 08:45
Gulf air is an airline that has been moving from hand to hand and makes the outcome worse instead of improving it. Oman would be happy to get out of this complete mess and build up on their own airline and oman air has made very good future plans for the airline n it turns out to be working well.
Oman is not gonna LOSE anything. Its just a big burden off their shoulders. And i would like 2 c how Bahrain is gonna manage the whole thing on their own. BAHRAIN?????!!!!! No F*****G WAY!!

jackbauer
29th Jan 2007, 10:40
Trekster, your comments about Oman Air are in stark contrast to your post last April when you said....
Everything at Oman Air is so unstable. This is an Airline that has been here for quiet some time ...but they have'nt reached anywhere. The only benefit a flyer gets from workin with Oman Air is...he gets to be at home everyday,their only lay over is Trivandum(India).
They even stopped operating Africa flights,which was one of the two sectors from where they used to get their "revenue".
There are countless number of complaints about the airline(passengers as well as operating crew)
So which is it, are they Gods gift to aviation or are you just another one who was rejected at interview by GF?

trekster90
29th Jan 2007, 15:28
Im very much a part of Gulf Air. Things dont remain the same everyday. People tend to improve and thats what ive seen as far as oman air is concerned. Gulf air and Bahrain.....NAH!

jackbauer
29th Jan 2007, 16:32
Trekster said...Hii.,,,Im a student at QAC and im doing my ATPL course sponsored by Gulf Air. They only do full ATPL courses and the cost of the full course is around 100000US$.

Interesting that you only just got your FATPL last August and suddenly you are an expert on all things to do with Gulf Air and Oman Air!! And you even got that thanks to GF who paid for your training in QAC. Now thats what I call gratitude. After 5 months with an airline you must know it all. Keep it up you'll go far!

gulfair_sexy
29th Jan 2007, 17:30
trekster90.......i know how are you....i have a private talk with you........you another :mad: which do not have a loyalty for your own company after they spend on you $100000........just keep tracking and make sure you are in correct heading:eek:

brassplate
29th Jan 2007, 18:17
i think oman doesn't have the resources nor the industry to put bums on seats to justify having their own airline. bahrain on the other hand, though not far behind oman, has a growing booming economy. what this does favours bahrain. they won't mind ditching oman even though oman believes they can handle things on their own...little brother syndrome. realistically, bahrain can do well but after some major restructuring.

OmanAir
30th Jan 2007, 18:43
So which is it, are they Gods gift to aviation?

We are Gods re-gift to aviation. Just ask Air Arabia, Dragon Air, Gulf Air, Net Jets, Emirates, China Airlines, SAS, Air Berlin, Qatar, Jet Airways, Thompson Air, Silk Air, Hapag Lloyd, Singapore Cargo, Spice Jet, Korean, CAE, Tarom, Falcon Air, and, yes, I probably forgot some.

What would the world do without us?

With over 100 pilots we are well equipped to supply your airline at hardly no cost to you!

Please Email: HumanRemains@WYdontIknowwhatthef***imdoing

jackbauer
31st Jan 2007, 08:37
Ha Ha Ha!!!! Yes all the major/legacy carriers are just queing up to get Oman Air pilots to fly for them. With over 100 pilots it must be the biggest airline in......eh, let me see...eh, oh yes Oman!