PDA

View Full Version : Penauille Servisair Interview and Training

finding_nema
27th Jan 2007, 22:36
I've been invited to an interview with Penauille-Servisair at EMA, it will be my first job in aviation if I get it, and despite the antagonism shown towards the company on the website, I'm pretty excited about it all. I was wondering if anybody could help me with the following;

1. What is the interview like? Do they tend to interview through a recruitment day (such as group activities etc.)? Any questions which typically come up? Should I be scared?

2. What is the training like? Do you find out how they structure the three weeks training? What to wear? Is it quite fast paced?

3. How are Servisair as a company?

Thanks so much for any help.

Fernando_Covas
28th Jan 2007, 11:27
Interview is usually a group interview. Don't expect anything too tough as they take on anyone for the summer season.

Do you know if it is a check-in position? If so the training is a few days on the computer system they use (CODECO), boarding proceedures, some customer service training, manual handling, health and safety, security, possibly some emgercency prodeedures and a few videos. Once complete you will usually shadow current employees to see how the job is done before going live.

Contracts are usually 25hours per week with plenty of overtime. Start times are all over the shop with the earliest start being around 3am.

Servisair as a company are one of the lowest paying handling agents around. Or they were when I worked for them. There are some good staff and some bad staff just as you would find in any job.

Best of luck.

finding_nema
28th Jan 2007, 16:08
Hi Fernando, thank you so much for all of your advice and information. The job title is "Passenger Services Agent" so it will be check-in, departures and arrivals duties. I'm looking forward to the interview and finding out more. I've certainly read a lot of negative things about the company, but everybody has to start somewhere, and I think people forget that.

NutLoose
28th Jan 2007, 16:32
Congrats and I wish you luck in getting the Job, as said everyone has to start somewhere and I hope it all goes well :)

check out some of the other threads such as below, but remember it is an old thread

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116064

BTW.

I believe their apron driving test consists of an obstacle course laid out consisiting of a multitude of various vehicles, baggage and passengers, you have to get from the start to the finish whilst managing to hit and destroy most of the obstacles on the way, you get brownie points to if you manage to disable the vehicle you are driving as well ;) hehehehehehe

bmibaby.com
1st Feb 2007, 21:48
Good luck, and keep us updated, hopefully I'll see you around EMA soon.

On an unrelated note, is it true Servisair are getting a new uniform next year?

Ad!!!
1st Feb 2007, 22:44
Well I haven't heard anything, but then again we employees never do!!!

Lite
2nd Feb 2007, 14:56
On an unrelated note, is it true Servisair are getting a new uniform next year?

When Servisair introduced their (much needed) new uniform in 2005, it was after the merger with GlobeGround, so the uniform predominantly uses the colours of the Servisair-GlobeGround brand (gold and navy blue.) The new Penauille-Servisair brand introduced in January 2006, is two tone blue, with both shades of blue not corresponding to the navy currently used in the Servisair-GlobeGround uniform. There have been rumours that once all other branding is complete; signage, GSE etc. that the uniform will be next. Considering we've only had this one though for two years, I'm not holding my breath.

finding_nema
8th Feb 2007, 11:34
Thank you once again to all of you for your advice and help. The interview was just a one-on-one with the passenger services manager, I didn't have to do any group activities or indeed meet any other applicant. The office seemed a mess but was told it's because they are moving locations soon, as opposed to it being generally in such a bad state of affairs all the time.

I have been offered a training date, and am thinking over whether to accept it, as I still have an interview with Menzies due, and one with Swissport over at Birmingham. The people at Servisair seem very down to earth and friendly, plus they handle the bulk of EMA's handling contracts.

Atishoo
9th Feb 2007, 21:16
All i can say is "Good luck" You may be lucky to get a reply from Circuair within 4 months if your lucky, i didnt !!! Never had such an unprofessional interview in all my life :ugh:

finding_nema
11th Feb 2007, 13:21
Hi Atishoo, I'm really sorry that you had a negative experience with Servisair, as it just couldn't have been further from my own experience. The meeting, whilst held in a slightly messy office, was informal, but answered all of my questions and they were really keen to put me at ease. I have been offered the training course dates, and am really excited.

Fernando_Covas
11th Feb 2007, 13:55
Best of luck to you.

finding_nema
11th Feb 2007, 17:27
Thanks Fernando. Out of interest, what is Servisair like in Spain? Do they have a full product there as well, and is the name pronounced eSairveesair? :)

Fernando_Covas
12th Feb 2007, 20:33
Don't know. Never worked for ServisairSA.