PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: high res OTW pics on short finals

wishtobflying
26th Jan 2007, 23:21
I'm working on visualising landings with an attitude bat cutout thingy, and I'm looking for some pictures out the front window (little or no window frame showing) of a sealed runway on short finals (think aimpoint, aspect, airspeed). I don't have the opportunity just now to take the pics myself. 500', 100' or 50' would probably be good levels if possible (of the same runway!).

I'd prefer high-res originals so I can print them out - either PM me for email or I can download them from somewhere.

Oh, and relatively small GA fields please - I don't need to visualise landing at Sydney International just yet. :)

Cheers,:ok:

wishtobflying

iwillflyajet
27th Jan 2007, 01:35
check your pms

Howard Hughes
27th Jan 2007, 04:16
What length/width runway would you like? This is all relative, as different length/width runways give you a totally different perspective!

A 1500M runway that is 15 metres wide, will give you a totally different perspective to one that is 1800M long but 45M wide...:ok:

J430
27th Jan 2007, 06:57
check out the Flying photo's pages.......i know there are some crazy ones there but I posted some from about 200-300' AGL at YCAB last week.

Cheers

J:ok:

wishtobflying
28th Jan 2007, 05:46
Good point about the dimensions. Roughly 1100m x 20m would be good. Thanks to iwillflyajet for those ones, they're a great start.

Aerodynamisist
29th Jan 2007, 10:25
wishtobflying try using Google Earth (can be down loaded for free)

I just tried this and it works really really well for what your trying to achieve.

zoom right into your touch down point and line the compass and position up with your favorite runway (or the one your going to tomorrow) tilt the view angle over and then zoom in and out to get the approaching effect it even displays your altitude on the "eye alt" but doesn't tell you what the tilt angle is but you may be able to come up with something there.

wishtobflying
29th Jan 2007, 18:15
It's not too bad, but it gets really blurry as you look down the runway (foreground clear, mid- to far-ground blurry). I'll play with it a little more and see what I can do. Cheers!