PDA

View Full Version : Rostering

dirtyjoe
26th Jan 2007, 00:49
Howdy,

Recently got myself a full time job at regional operator X, and already having a few roster issues. The main one being that it is sent via sms most days including promises of full monthly roster being issued next day, before getting a lousy weekly roster. Therefore getting only 3-4 days notice of weekly rostering. The whole process is then started again the following week. :ugh:

Is this legal? If not, what is the legal requirements regarding the issue of rosters and where do I find that information?

Currently we operate on an AWA. If its not covered by the AWA is it then covered by the award?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dirty.

GUARD
26th Jan 2007, 12:07
You've got to be KIDDING!

An SMS.

Send them one back and tell them to get their s@#t together!!!!

GUARD:ok:

rescue 1
26th Jan 2007, 18:38
SMS is being increasingly used for crew change advice by a number of airlines! Works well!

RENURPP
26th Jan 2007, 21:45
Depends who you work for, you need to speak to a trusted current employee of the company.

The mob I work for, operate under an "exemption" to CAO 48 and as such require a rostering protocol. All the rostering requirements are located in those documents for us.

404 Titan
26th Jan 2007, 23:23
rescue 1

I would advise the powers that be in your company that if the company ever sacked an employee because they missed a roster change sent by SMS, they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on in a court of law. The company “MUST” show a duty of care by receiving a legally binding acknowledgement that the roster change was received. An SMS message just doesn’t cut it and they are leaving themselves open if the s**t hits the fan.

scrambler
27th Jan 2007, 03:59
Interesting to see if these companies pay for the phone. Another little "award" item that is missed. If you are required to use your phone reasonable amounts must be reimbursed. (not sure of the exact wording)

Howard Hughes
27th Jan 2007, 04:05
I reckon I know where you work Joe!!;)

Nothing pisses people off more than not having a regular roster...:ok:

paleale
27th Jan 2007, 07:37
i gotta be honest

it sounds just like my old job, maybe just a little worse for wear:ugh:

Howard Hughes
27th Jan 2007, 07:48
Hi Mr Ale...;)

paleale
27th Jan 2007, 07:50
howard you should be down the beach in the spruse goose on a saturday afternoon on that lovely south coast

Howard Hughes
27th Jan 2007, 07:54
I'm still waiting for a dive buddy!;)
Anyway it's cold and raining today just like the good ole days...:ok:

PS: Mrs Hughes says hi!

paleale
27th Jan 2007, 07:56
im still trying to get to sydney for the 2 weekends to do the course, probably just in time for winter i suppose,
sydney sounds the same as melbourne today

Howard Hughes
27th Jan 2007, 08:04
Sorry for the hijack Joe, I hope things improve soon, pm me if you wanna chat.

Cheers, HH.:ok:

dirtyjoe
29th Jan 2007, 01:49
Thanks for the response guys. Still havent got anything useful tho. I quite like the idea of getting $19.95 each time they sms me. I would be able to retire in no time.

Anyways, if someone out there has got a reference regarding this, and also the amount we can get reimbursed it would be great to know.

The crappy part of it all is that there is no follow up on the sms. So if one goes astray, no one rocks up to operate. :eek:

Cheers