PDA

View Full Version : EZY boarding policy with kidz ...

Bodjit
25th Jan 2007, 11:30
Hi all,
Off on hols with EZY soon and taking the little ones, haven't flown EZY for a while and wonder if they still call people forward in check in number order with children and oldies going first regardless.

Just wonderin' as i don't fancy being in a scrum with the kids (aged 2), I haven't paid extra for speedy boarding as its not available at the airport i'm visiting...

Just travelled FR and what a scrum, not concerned about kids and oldies at all... but then again what do you expect..
Any info appreciated, hopefully EZY might set itself above FR with this...:ok:

Bodjit
27th Jan 2007, 07:05
Thanks mike, mrs bodjit now v relieved:ok: :ok:

Me, i was hopin for only 1 free seat at the back and 3 free seats for her and kids at front:D :D

bodjit

Never check always assume...(or something like that anyway)

Lite
27th Jan 2007, 19:51
EasyJet now preboard in a slightly different way from in the past. Passengers now who pay for "Speedy Boarding" at a cost of approximately £2.50 (though this varies according to local rates) will be invited to board the aircraft first. To make sure people get their money's worth, individuals who have paid for Speedy Boarding, but have not arrived at the gate, will be name called by the gate agent to still ensure they get the best pick of seats by boarding first. After this, people requiring special assistance will be invited to board, which includes families like yourself with small children. Then after that, the usual Groups A/B/C/D will board.

Getoutofmygalley
28th Jan 2007, 17:00
Just to add to what lite has said, the speedy boarding group consists of a maximum of 20 pax per flight, so those pax with kids will not have to be concerned that they might still get caught up in the bun fight if all pax had paid for speedy boarding.

One thing I will say as an SCCM with easyJet, quite often I find that when pax with kids arrive at the aircraft late they are always laiden with bags of duty free - and they then expect you to rearrange the entire aircraft for their convenience so that they and their kids can sit together. This of course leads to a delay because (quite rightly) pax who arrived at the gate on time and are sat with their families/friends etc don't want to be split up.

Funny though how nearly every time this happens when I check the boarding card, the boarding card will be annotated as 'PB' for the pre-boarding group, but thanks to the delights of duty free they don't make it to the gate on time.

Funny that isnt it! :*

Bodjit
28th Jan 2007, 20:33
Thanks everyone, looks like EZY have it again although i understand the issue with speedy boarders...

We'll definately be there with plenty of time GOOMgalley, hopefully you'll be bringin' the G n T's round... :ok: :ok:

Cheers
Bodjit

Never check, always assume.....(or something like that anyway)

SXB
28th Jan 2007, 20:54
One thing I will say as an SCCM with easyJet, quite often I find that when pax with kids arrive at the aircraft late they are always laiden with bags of duty free - and they then expect you to rearrange the entire aircraft for their convenience so that they and their kids can sit together.

That's a huge generalisation and I can't say I've ever noticed such a pattern when I've been travelling. That said it probably wouldn't be so much of an issue if seats were allocated at check in.....

Getoutofmygalley
29th Jan 2007, 10:57
:* Hi SXB

I am guessing you don't fly with easyJet as often as I do (seeing as it is my office in the sky ;) ) Unfortunately when I am working on the holiday routes it happens all too often. Quite often those pax when they come onboard and see that everyone else is there before them kick off and say that we should have delayed boarding till THEY got there :ugh:

So, let's throw the flying schedule out of the window shall we.....

PS completely agree with you about seats allocated at check in. I would strongly advise all pax to use the contact forms on the web site to complain about the company not allocating seating. It would make life so much easier onboard if we knew who was sitting where!!

SXB
29th Jan 2007, 12:33
Hi Getoutofmygalley
Not that often so I'll bow to your greater experience :)

Glad to hear that you agree with allocation of seats, I suppose it would make everyones life a bit easier.

Bodjit
29th Jan 2007, 13:24
Hi all, just a final thought on allocation at check in..... regarding security, how many times I've heard in reports that pax in seat 23E named as Mr XYZ was a 'whatever' (terror suspect, medical patient, sherriff, drunk etc) how did the LOC's get past these security issues with free boarding...