View Full Version : Where do they hire second officers in asia?

Brian304
25th Jan 2007, 04:01
Hey everyone

Just wondered where do they hire JAA frozen ATPL individuals over in asia as a second officer? with no experience on jets at all and no type rating. But can fluently talk cantonese and half fluently in mandarin and can write in china, but with British passport. Just wondered if there is any chance of me getting a job straight out of the flying school? as I really want to work in asia, and just abit of curiosity. Also whats the pay and condition of the airlines if any?.

Brian304:ok:

anito4a
25th Jan 2007, 10:41
You'd probably have a better chance of getting into an airline in the EU than in Asia. Why not do that, work yuor way up the ladder and when you've got about 3000 hours TT on jets, then try your luck in Asia.

Amin
25th Jan 2007, 14:55
Hi,

You can work for Cathay Pacific as a second officer. Need to have 1000 TT, some Multi turbine time, and frozen ATPL.

OASIS hire second officers as well. Need to have commercial pilot experience with some jet time preferred.

Good Luck

Utrinque
16th Feb 2007, 12:52
Cathay published minumums on the website and their actual are very different - you need 3000TT with at least 1000 on turbo or 500 jet to even be considered for interview as SO.

OASIS is the same - jet 'not preferred' - 'essential' to get interview.

Having said all that - good luck !

dream747
17th Feb 2007, 01:20
Pardon me but what about the other way? Are there any chances or opportunities for an asian fresh out of a flying school to find a job in EU? Or do they not prefer asians at all? Is it a must to hold a JAA license in EU or will the employer convert it for you?

Amin
17th Feb 2007, 01:49
I'm speaking for EU countries. First of all you need to have an EU passport or EU work permit. Then you need to have JAA. Almost all the airlines operate under JAR, so yes you need to have a JAA license. Some companies give you 1 year validation if you meet their requirments. example if you have 2000 hours on type. Second there are a lot of unemployed pilots in Europe at the moment, but I belive it will change :) ;

Good Luck
:ok:

kwaiyai
17th Feb 2007, 08:00
Brian Currently in Malaysia there are now I believe 3 schools and more planned which do the old CAP 509 style course. they are full with a backlog of young guys and gals who hopefully will graduate into a job. In Thailand the company Iam on detachment with has been ordered by the local Authority (Thai DOA)to take a certain quota of Local FO from Flight school. My advice for what its worth is Get some experience 1st and try for someone like CX later. Good luck,:ok: