PDA

View Full Version : Loganair Ambulance Crash

putzy
24th Jan 2007, 20:16
The air-ambulance Islander aircraft crashed with around 60 degrees nose down at a point were it should have been 1540 feet on the procedure to Cambletown, no mayday call nothing. Large scores and damage to the right hand prop noted in the accident investigation (said to be coincident with contact on sea bed).

Same night same place many contacts in the services believe that a UAV was lost by the American Navy in the exact same area. (UAV's were notified as being active in the area by NOTAM)

Various other indications suggest that this was not just a coincident.

Do we owe it to the deceased and their families to try and make sense out of the facts?

Daysleeper
25th Jan 2007, 20:46
Have you actually read the accident report?

AAIB (http://www.aaib.dft.gov.uk/publications/formal_reports/2_2006__g_bomg.cfm)

StbdD
26th Jan 2007, 11:52
The accident was investigated and reported upon. If you have any information not dicussed in the report you should bring it to the attention of the authorities.

Lacking any other information, your comments are at best vague, unsupported insinuations and at worst an attempt on your part to twist a tragedy into a conspiracy for your own unrelated reasons.

Suggest you read or re-read the accident report so you can "make sense" out of it. That way you won't bother the familes with baseless crap and let them get on with their lives.

putzy
26th Jan 2007, 16:18
I totally agree that troubling families with this sort of thing is not on , and that is why I am not. But I believe that if there is something in these peoples "stories" it should perhaps be investigated further, that is all, nothing in it for me.
Remember it took 10 years of fighting to get justice for the crew of the first fishing boat sunk by subs.
If you have nothing constructive to add then you should be taking your own advice and let it rest by not replying to this post.

rawmac
26th Jan 2007, 20:40
Why did the AAIB make no mention of the NOTAM indicating that the firing range in the vicinity of Campbeltown was active the night of the crash? Were they not aware of this fact? Seems hard to believe that they were unaware.

I am told that the Police questioned an engineer at Glasgow Airport the day following the accident, asking him to identify a piece of wreckage - a wing leading edge made from a composite material.

A fatal accident enquiry is to be held and I hope that some of these rumours can be addressed head on.

Dct_Bombi
19th Feb 2007, 17:09
I saw the aircraft down in farnborough and to be honest it doesnt look like it was hit by anything, just bent metal really, no expert but thats what i gathered from it.

MrNosy
20th Feb 2007, 10:46
I once thought about writing a book about air crash conspiracy theories and started researching them but gave up when I realized that some one has some theory not supported by the accident investigation for virtually every single fatal accident there has been. A couple of goodies to look at are the various outpourings about the Itavia DC-9 (my favourite), the Aer Lingus Viscount (still going strong despite the re-investigation) and of course, more recently, 9/11, especially about the aircraft that hit the Pentagon (it was a cruise missile apparently!).

Golf Charlie Charlie
20th Feb 2007, 11:00
Mr N, you'd also love the Wideroe Twin Otter case in 1982.........

DingerX
20th Feb 2007, 12:00
Mr. N, don't forget Valujet and TWA 800.

But yes, all these conspiracies are amateur hack jobs compared to Itavia. That's such a mess none of the scenarios sound plausible.

MrNosy
20th Feb 2007, 12:12
If I remember rightly the Wideroe Twin Otter crashed following a near collision with a Harrier that wasn't there.

Itavia was a good one - defecting Libyan Migs, NATO exercises and what have you but I've accepted that it was probably due to a bomb hidden in the aircraft's aft starboard lavatory. (Don't you hate it when facts get in the way of a good story!) It is believed that the bomb was probably located against the outer wall of the lavatory, just to the rear of the frame at STA.801 and at or just above the level of the lower skin of the adjacent engine pylon. It is suggested that the bomb was introduced to this area via the tissue holder just forward of STA.801 and then pushed towards the rear where it would have been very difficult to detect. No one has ever claimed responsibility for the loss of the aircraft but the crash occurred shortly before the explosion of a bomb at Bologna railway station and the two events might be linked.

Another good one was the Mocambique TU134 which was allegedly lured into high ground by a false VOR set up by those dasterdly South Africans!

niknak
20th Feb 2007, 12:53
The original post coincides nicely with a series of programmes on BBC TV and Radio on Conspricy Theories.
Need more be said.............:ugh: