PDA

View Full Version : School Options for Discovery Bay Residents ???

Mach75
24th Jan 2007, 17:45
I'll be starting with CX soon & plan on moving my family up this summer. We plan on initially living in Discovery Bay (yeah, yeah - I have read all the DB-bashing posts on this forum - It's just an easier transition for the kids). I have had my daughter on the wait list for Year 5 at the Discovery Bay Int'l School since October but there are currently 9 other children on the same wait list. Can anyone recommend any other schooling options for childen living in DB? Is there school bus service from DB to any other schools in the area? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

marbles1
24th Jan 2007, 21:46
There is suppose to be an private independant school being built in DB which will follow the esf format. The school starts operation this august in the Bauhinia school which I believe is in Lai King. I am under the impression the children will be bussed the first year but I am not 100%. The new building is suppose to open in 2008. We have our son on the wait list for kindergarten but we have not been told how long the wait list is. There are plenty of other international school options however travel time becomes a big consideration as many are located on Hong Kong island. As for people slagging DB. It seems to be a past time here. I have been in DB for 4 months now. The place is not perfect but it suits us well with 2 young kids. As well we were able to rent a 1560 sqft flat with first year housing allowance.

bobrun
25th Jan 2007, 02:41
Marbles1,
I am moving to DB in a few months and would like to know where you found a 1560 sq ft place within the initial housing allowance. thanks.

marbles1
25th Jan 2007, 04:40
I am down in Coastline Villa. When you get here make a trip into DB and get an agent to show you around. I found that a lot more useful than searching on the internet.

checkedandset
25th Jan 2007, 05:59
I have a Premium Debenture which I bought to get my kid into DBIS, it puts them to the front of the waiting list. I paid $150k for it and they have now put them up to $300k.

I will sell it at the price I paid for it, you pay the transfer fee.

PM me if interested.

Not a great solution but this is HK and you end up throwing large sums of money away to solve your problems !

Dan Winterland
25th Jan 2007, 12:52
Bobrun, call Clement Li on +852 9634 1493 or e-mail [email protected] He speaks very good English and knows the DB market.

bobrun
26th Jan 2007, 01:59
Thanks for the info!