View Full Version : loganair advert for mechanics

A330 Dreamer
24th Jan 2007, 11:32
Hi,

I see on the Loganair website they have advertised positions for aircraft mechanics. I presume this would be working under the supervision of a licenced engineer.

I live locally to the Loganair hangar and have aviation mechanic experience - on gas turbine engines but not the actual aircraft. I also have a PPL, do you reckon if anyone who knows about Loganair's operation if this would be adequate or out of the question?

matkat
24th Jan 2007, 11:58
Why not just apply and see? after all you will have to make an app. either way, good luck.

NutLoose
24th Jan 2007, 12:05
Personally I would go for it, after all what have you to lose? You could always pick up one of the many Airframe books available such as the FAA A and P ones and swot up on it a bit before you go for your interview...... but the location and the shortage of Engineers I think you may be in with a good chance....... I myself started out as a Ex RAF Engine Techy and was taken on by a company culminating in me getting both of my Airframe Engine licences after a lot of self learning........ remember you aint going to be doing a lot of if any sheetmetal work, so a lot of the job will be removing components etc...... which is similar in both engine and airframe work..