PDA

View Full Version : outsource to save.

my luck is many
24th Jan 2007, 10:08
Well, after thinking about it, i have decided that outsourcing is a wonderful idea! Think of all the positives... you pay no super to employees, no staff travel, no bonuses, no training, no uniforms, no annual general meetings, no nothings! This could make or break any airline. So what's my point? Well, since Big Red (Qantas) has decided to outsource just about anything, or sell whatever is un-outsourceable, there is 1 more thing they can do to save absolutely 100's of millions! Why don't they outsource there CEO? I'm sure there are many Indians (no offence) that could do the same job for much less. Think off all those positives again. When was the last time any CEO came to your dept to see what's happening? And if they need to 'get in touch' with anyone, why not video confrence? Hmm... maybe the shoe needs to be worn on the other foot.

BHMvictim
24th Jan 2007, 13:35
Mr Many Lucks.... you are not the first to mention this in these forums however, I think my mind has finally changed on this one.....

....as far as engineering goes anyway, I don't think the seniors within management actually want to outsource.... nor do they seriously consider doing so.
If it was viable, (and I don't mean from a purely financial perspective), why have they not outsourced so far?

Sure, we have airbus aircraft going to Zurich and Manila..... but for how long? Ask any salty old LAME dogs and they will tell you that when we first took ownership of 747s back in the early 70's, they too were outsourced for a period of time.

I believe the big sticks have something to do with it. The big sticks that say "do as we say or we will outsource". Howard the C&$T's IR reforms are another stick.

The intention is to wear people down until only the YES men and those willing to work for peanuts remain. Make them redundant and then re-employ on AWAs.

Who needs to send work overseas to where the labour is cheap when Howard the C&$T is providing the means to cheap labor right here on our doorstep?

(See John Holland proposed workplace agreement for ex Ansett Hangar, Tullamarine if you can get hold of it)