PDA

View Full Version : Schofields Flight Training - Bankstown

KezFlyer
24th Jan 2007, 05:17
Hi, does anyone have any views/experience with Schofields? Considering doing my CPL there and wanted some first hand advice if possible.

Thanks.

Anyone else think its a good idea to start individual threads for flight schools in this forum, or has it been tried already? I started something off with Aerospace Aviation and there was plenty of response. Apologies if I'm starting new threads unnecessarily but I'm pretty new to this!

halfmoon
24th Jan 2007, 06:40
I visited almost every operator at bankstown in person and would say the Tower Road side is the only place worth spending any money. There rates seem comparable as do most places at bankstown if you become a member of there club. Its a more friendly environment it seems, although I never talked to the instructors it was not a pilot factory like the other side of the field. Just my 2cents

Scion
24th Jan 2007, 07:16
Kezflyer,

These folks may not be the flashiest of groups but I can only tell you my experience. I am a relativly low time pilot but did my twin, constant speed and tailwheel at Schofields.
The CFI is an excellent instructor who trained me to a standard beyond that required by conventional wisdom as did their tailwheel instructor Chris. I have an interest in vintage aeroplanes and as such they would not let me loose on them until they were satisfied they had done as much as possible to keep these aeroplanes safe.
As such I cannot commend them highly enough.
It is not enough just to fulfill the requirements but it is important to go beyond them!

Aussie
24th Jan 2007, 13:56
Used there Arrow a few times, and they were pretty good, seem like a good bunch.
Students i spoke to were pretty happy

Aussie

The Messiah
25th Jan 2007, 00:55
Sent a student of mine there before I left Oz 6 years ago and he has flown with them ever since. They have always been a friendly social bunch who really enjoy flying.

Bob Murphie
25th Jan 2007, 04:33
halfmoon and Aussie: It's their, not "there".

Sorry for the spellchecking, but I do get concerned with basic aptitudes when it comes to career pilot proficiency. Thankfully we don't need 10 WPM morse for IFR these days.

Is "there" an emergency? or is it, "their" emergency?

Take this in the spirit given, which is not a put down, but a hint how people may look at your CV.:ok:

das Uber Soldat
25th Jan 2007, 07:31

Sorry for the spellchecking, but I do get concerned with basic aptitudes when it comes to career pilot proficiency. ../..

Failure to begin a sentence with a capital letter and beginning a sentence with a conjunction. Assuming of course that was a sentence, something for which it does not even have the basic pre requisites as it lacks a main verb. 'or any verb', if i were to take on your literary style.

'Take this in the spirit given, which is not a put down, but a hint how people may look at your CV.:ok:'

:rolleyes:

Bob Murphie
25th Jan 2007, 07:36
Crikey :bored:

Seagull61
25th Jan 2007, 08:23
Anyone done Aero`s with them?

I`m planning on a jaunt over there this October, and they have been very friendly and informative so far.

sam dilly
25th Jan 2007, 15:39
Glad to see Scofields +Bankstown getting a good right up.
I paid them an unexpected visit last weekend,when I was
on a short visit from London.
Jeff took me out for 1 1/2 hours including a tour around the harbour,
fantastic.
I wrote a few words in the private flying forum,so have
a look.

Kickatinalong
26th Jan 2007, 07:10
Anyone done Aero`s with them?
I`m planning on a jaunt over there this October, and they have been very friendly and informative so far.
Sure Do, but at the moment only in a C152,
Kickatinalong:ok:

Double Donk
27th Jan 2007, 09:21
Top club, did my PPL and Cpl with them. Had experiences with other schools at BK and in my opinion they are the best. :D

KezFlyer check your PMs

DD

Aussie
27th Jan 2007, 11:30
Sorry for the spellchecking, but I do get concerned with basic aptitudes when it comes to career pilot proficiency. Thankfully we don't need 10 WPM morse for IFR these days.
Take this in the spirit given, which is not a put down, but a hint how people may look at your CV.:ok:

Lucky im on a forum and not writing a cv!

Aussie

Ultralights
28th Jan 2007, 11:23
WTF? how did i end up back at primary school? i though i was surfing the intaweb!!