PDA

View Full Version : Close call at Gold Coast.

Capt Hollywood
24th Jan 2007, 02:09
Anyone hear of a close call at the Gold Coast airport today, supposedly a Virgin aircraft taxiing out as a Jetstar was landing.

Ch :cool:

Fliegenmong
24th Jan 2007, 02:56
Cooly is my closest airport - I've heard nothing

Capt Hollywood
24th Jan 2007, 03:51
Just caught it on the local news, Virgin 737 on runway, Jetstar on final. Jetstar went around. No big deal I s'pose.

Buster Hyman
24th Jan 2007, 07:07
I knew it! I KNEW IT!!!

This is what happens when you combine AWA's, global warming, LCC's & a lack of services to MEL in the one industry...CHAOS!!!

Eastwest Loco
25th Jan 2007, 07:13
Not to mention radioactive whales Buster.

It is a recipe for disaster.

EWL

ps: What happened to the back beacon ILS op crew thread? I was kind of enjoying the way that was degenerating.

Back Seat Driver
25th Jan 2007, 07:47
VIRGIN Holds Firm, While BOGANS Circle.

ShesGreatintheGalley
25th Jan 2007, 07:49
um... isnt this just a tower fault, clearing the virgin aircraft to taxi out and clearing the JQ aircraft to land?
is it either of their faults?
big deal.

Eastwest Loco
25th Jan 2007, 07:52
I thought Virgin taxiied faster because of tighter slots.

Easy mistake to make I suppose.

Just goes to show you! :p

No Further Requirements
25th Jan 2007, 08:03
um... isnt this just a tower fault, clearing the virgin aircraft to taxi out and clearing the JQ aircraft to land?
is it either of their faults?
big deal.

Too early to speculate on that, unless someone knows otherwise? There could have been several different ways this unfolded. Did the VB jet take a bit longer than expected to get going? Did they have a radio failure? Had the tower cleared the J* to land yet or not? Who knows? Best not to point fingers just yet......

Cheers,

NFR.

Buster Hyman
25th Jan 2007, 08:43
Best not to point fingers just yet......
Clearly, you don't belong on Dunnunda!:=

"In the Kingdom of Dunnunda, the TSV refueller is King!"

No Further Requirements
25th Jan 2007, 09:26
Clearly, you don't belong on Dunnunda!:=
"In the Kingdom of Dunnunda, the TSV refueller is King!"
Not with such a small post count, anyway, oh great one! :) :ok:
Cheers,
NFR.
PS I was just being nice to the TWR dude/dudess- might not be their f@#kup!

18-Wheeler
25th Jan 2007, 09:26
Did the VB jet take a bit longer than expected to get going? Did they have a radio failure? Had the tower cleared the J* to land yet or not?

It's quite possible they had a problem after lining up. It happens every now and then.

Capt Basil Brush
25th Jan 2007, 10:37
There have been taxiway works for a while now at Cooly, involving backtracking, and aircraft entering the runway to get to the next taxiway etc.

There also has been a lot of "expiditing" (spelling??) happening to clear the RWY lately. My guess is a misjudgment in getting clear fast enough.

SGT Schulz
25th Jan 2007, 22:31
P0rnstar a little to hot on final and decided to go around. No close call

J430
26th Jan 2007, 00:06
Now I did one of those go around thingies last Sunday:eek: , and it never made any press or onto PPRUNE.......... See a safe well executed decission never gets the same treatment an ooops gets.

When I do right nobody remembers, When I do wrong NOBODY forgets!:ugh:

Happy Australia Day Everybody!!:D

J:ok:

Capt Claret
26th Jan 2007, 04:10
Hey J430, your other name's not Luigi the goat $%^&er is it? :p ;)

Runaway Gun
26th Jan 2007, 23:00
When I build boat, nobody call me Luigi the Boatbuilder.
When I make the bridge, nobody call me Luigi the bridge builder.
But toucha one little goat....

J430
27th Jan 2007, 06:50
Hey Capt Clarrie,

I am not anyone by that name at all, but I am curious as to why you ask. Its bound to be quite funny to hear! You wont let us all down will you?

Cheers

AerocatS2A
27th Jan 2007, 10:20
pssst, j340, read the post above your last...

Runaway Gun
27th Jan 2007, 17:09
Crikey Frozo, do you mean the real men remain behind you? :ooh:

Capt Claret
28th Jan 2007, 04:17
When I do right nobody remembers, When I do wrong NOBODY forgets!:ugh:

J430 your quoted comment (above) reminded me of the joke about Luigi showing tourist around Italy. Built beaudiful boats, houses, bridges, buildings, etc, and at the end, laments that no one calls him Luigi the great builder, but F@&k one goat and I'm known as Luigi the goat F@&ker.

That's why I ended with :p ;)

J430
28th Jan 2007, 09:17
Hi There CC

yes somebody else has pointed that out to me, I saw your post and immediately responded. I always take evrything you say so seriously of course:} :p

Have to say you got me on that one!

Cheers

The_Cutest_of_Borg
28th Jan 2007, 19:09
Cooly does have some ground equipment issues... I am sure that the terrible Cat2 approach and autoland I did there a while back wasn't all the A/C's fault!!!