PDA

View Full Version : Transatlantic in your bed...

Ptkay
23rd Jan 2007, 12:19
According to the "Evening Standard" for GBP 999 we will be able
to fly London-New York round trip with SilverJet in an all-bed configuration.
A 767 will take 100 full beds instead of 300 "cattle class" seats.
What about the safety. :eek:
How are you going to "fasten your seat belts",
when there are no seats ????
;)

Air Driven Generator
23rd Jan 2007, 12:27
I think you may be referring to SilverJet

ADG

Ptkay
23rd Jan 2007, 12:30
Sure, my mistake... :\

Already edited...

;)

Ptkay
23rd Jan 2007, 12:32
OK, they do have seats...
:p
"We have installed state-of-the-art seats that convert simply into 75” flat beds."

chornedsnorkack
23rd Jan 2007, 12:59
According to the "Evening Standard" for GBP 999 we will be able
to fly London-New York round trip with SilverJet in an all-bed configuration.
A 767 will take 100 full beds instead of 300 "cattle class" seats.
What about the safety. :eek:
How are you going to "fasten your seat belts",
when there are no seats ????
;)
Cannot see how they manage. They have 767-200 - exactly like Maxjet. And Maxjet has 102 seats in 767-200. How can Silverjet get any bigger beds than Maxjet?

Anyway, some airlines are said to have beds which can be reclined on takeoff. Virgin Atlantic Upper Class seats have airbags and can be kept reclined. And the BA Club World backfacing seats are also said to be not quite upright on takeoff/landing.

Pax Vobiscum
24th Jan 2007, 15:32
BA club class seats are very slightly reclined when in landing configuration
Dave, do you mean that these seats are not in as fully upright a configuration as they are capable of, or do you mean that even when in "a fully upright position" there remains a significant degree of recline? Even most "fully upright" economy seatbacks aren't quite vertical.

I've always assumed that the reason for requiring fully upright seating on takeoff and landing is to maximise the space between seat rows in case evacuation is needed. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will correct me if I'm under a misapprehension :)

teleport
24th Jan 2007, 16:17
The old (currently being replaced) BA club seat is brought into a position that is not fully upright for landing/takeoff. So during flight, the back and the seat is capable of sliding even further back. Not sure why this is seen as the best position.

Another Silverjet thread:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256701&highlight=silverjet

Land After
24th Jan 2007, 16:43
Virgin Atlantic seats have airbags? What?
Willing to be corrected...

VS Upper Class seats have airbags built into the seatbelt. You take-off and land at a slight recline. Very civilised.

jack_essex
25th Jan 2007, 10:57
SilverJets competitor Eos Airlines has just won the 'Best Long Haul Business Airline' award.

Globaliser
25th Jan 2007, 16:14
The old (currently being replaced) BA club seat is brought into a position that is not fully upright for landing/takeoff. So during flight, the back and the seat is capable of sliding even further back. Not sure why this is seen as the best position.I had always understood that the seat has locks that engage at that point. Is this right?VS Upper Class seats have airbags built into the seatbelt. You take-off and land at a slight recline.IIRC (again), you can take off and land at any angle of recline that you choose because your protection is provided by the airbags rather than by seat and body position.