PDA

View Full Version : PT6 Engine Simulator

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
23rd Jan 2007, 11:20
Hi everyone,

ran across a PT6 simulator a while ago, unfortunately the owner will not give me a copy.

Does anyone know where there is a free-ware version of this program, a great aid for pilot training.

Have found the Turbo Fan one at the NASA web site, not terribly helpfull.

Thanks in advance

kiwiblue
24th Jan 2007, 00:52
Too Right! Put me on the list too :)

the wizard of auz
24th Jan 2007, 06:01
Just sit in the airplane and make whistley noises. has the added advantage of letting play with the joystick at the same time. :} :) :ok:

trolleydriver
24th Jan 2007, 06:21
What exactly does a PT6 simulator do?? I've seen a lot of simulators for cars, planes, boats even gps's but never something for just an engine..... What does it achieve??? They are far easier to manage than a piston so why would they need a simulator :confused:

flyhardmo
24th Jan 2007, 06:58
What does it achieve??? They are far easier to manage than a piston so why would they need a simulator
Its a great idea having a sim to train guys moving up from pistons to read the engine, do the emergency procedure for hot starts and hung starts. We just dont like to show new guys what a hot start looks like. My boss wouldn't be happy if i proved to new guys that mismanaging a PT6 costs about 150-200K USD. Thats why you would need a simulator. Please PM if you find it.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Jan 2007, 07:00
ever tried to simulate secondary injectors not lighting off ?, PR gear box failure, hot start, p3 failure etc etc.

Turbines are a lot more user friendly than pistons, but when you stuff up, it's very expensive. Why not use a simulator, Flight Safety seem to think they are a good idea.