PDA

View Full Version : Easy DEP with rating but no hours on type?

Bad Robot
22nd Jan 2007, 18:20
OK, Ive got to ask this. I have a Bus rating with no hours on type except for the Base training.

I also have a few thousand hours on medium sized jet.
I have been told that although I would qualify now for the DEP scheme, I would have to undertake a Full type rating again on the A320. This I can't really see the point of.

I'm sure the CAA would have something to say about it I'm sure. After all, why would they bother to re-issue a current and valid rating again?

A refresher course maybe but the full course over again?

FlapsOne
22nd Jan 2007, 18:43
They are presumably asking/telling you to do the course again not get another rating issued. In that case it's got nothing to do with the CAA.

A company can get you to do whatever trg it wishes.

Why not just do the course. Won't take that much longer and should be a breeze with the type rating already in the bag.

Mister Geezer
22nd Jan 2007, 19:24
A refresher course maybe but the full course over again?

It is purely a money making exercise for CTC.

rhythm method
22nd Jan 2007, 19:28
But if it's for DEP, then he doesn't pay CTC anything at all. All costs would be covered by easyJet, and it is presumably easyJet who are saying he has to do the full conversion.

Mister Geezer
22nd Jan 2007, 19:34
Ok, but are CTC not the TRTO of choice for easyjet? If he had to do a course then he would do it at CTC who would still benefit?

kick the tires
22nd Jan 2007, 19:46
Its all about a common demoninator.

There are type ratings and there are type ratings. easyJets training is second to none, its one area they never scrimp and scrape on. By sending their pilots through their course they know what they are getting and to what level they have been trained.

All in all its a good deal for everyone except easy's pockets!

You wont be 'reissused' with a new rating, if its on your licence you keep it. The CAA would be more than happy to reissuse you with a new rating - after all its another fee for them!!

Bad Robot
23rd Jan 2007, 18:09
Word on the street is Easy took a load of guys from GECAT last summer with NO hours on type and very little other experience. Any feed back on how these guys fared?

BR.

unablereqnavperf
23rd Jan 2007, 19:20
Yes most of them struggled and overloaded the training department,ended up being sent on gardening leave on full pay(I believe) and training is now being completed during the quiter winter months. to be fair on the guys Gecat training is of a fairly poor quality and minimalist when compared to easyjet training. Before any mudslinging i have done to type ratings at Gecat and both have been very poor quaility and very disorganised!

I wouldn't worry about doing the course over the easy course at Burgess Hill is good and will prepare you well for line training, the training etho's is also very good,lots of support available.

I suspect they are asking Bad Robot to do the whole course to prevent any problems in line training which long term is much more efficient!

I did 6 years at easy and have no bad words for the training department.