View Full Version : NEWCASTLE - 6

Pages : [1] 2

HH6702
21st Jan 2007, 15:21
New charter airline to based

Had a look through a lot of tour operators websites and i cant find anything.

Could we see someone new basing for summer 2008?
Im sure that TCX and FCA join contract at NCL runs out after this summer so i do think that FCA it could be.

Continuation of: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254057&page=15

NCL1
21st Jan 2007, 16:08
Fingers crossed! we need some changes at NCL!
Also does anyone else see the EI flights a lil disappointing? the loads are rarely high, most seem to still be using FR, who to be fair i tihnk hav better flight times than EI.
Anyone know anymore about XL being based at NCL permanently from this summer? 2 737's seem to be the rumour still, wouldn;t this clarify the departure of FJE? Doubt XL and FJE would operate on a perm bases at NCL.
Also, what about Globespan offering long haul routes from NCL? starting up Toronto this summer, they do Cape Town from MAN etc and seem to be expanding. No-one seems to mention there development towards north east.

mmeteesside
21st Jan 2007, 16:17
Also, what about Globespan offering long haul routes from NCL? starting up Toronto this summer, they do Cape Town from MAN etc and seem to be expanding. No-one seems to mention there development towards north east.

See the DTV threads :} Plenty of development here if the latest rumours are true ;)

Jamesair
21st Jan 2007, 16:38
NCL1

Globespan (the tour operator) have operated to Toronto from NCL for years using Air Transat but have now taken it in-house with their own new airline.
I can't really see them expanding at NCL with their other North-Eastern operations centred at DTV.

nclpilot
21st Jan 2007, 17:34
Looks like XL will have a 737 and 757 again.
I heard that XL will be year round from October when FJE cease operations at NCL.
As regards a new charter operator, I wouldnt be surprised to see FCA replace one of the TCX units if the contract is up soon.....lets wait and see :)

Maude Charlee
21st Jan 2007, 18:26
NCLfan

I'm not sure where your assessment of loads on the 6G Ncl-CWL route come from. It was barely ever more than half full, very frequently operating with single figures - and that was long before 6G effectively disappeared. 20 pax or fewer on a Q400 is not a good basis for running a route.

As for NCL-BHX, I would be astounded to see it. It would be the shortest mainland route on the BE network, and barely 30 minutes airbourne. Only inter-island between JER and GUR, or BHD and GLA are shorter routes.

Flybe predominately operates mainland UK and French routes with the Q400, and I doubt NCL would be any different were BE ever to reopen the base (which I doubt, despite the publicity). The newer routes to the near continent running from SOU may be a possibility, but BE has well established competition on to those destinations from NCL and would struggle to compete.

French routes are an option, but the more southerly destinations (BOD, EGC, TOU, PGF) are a bit of a stretch for the Q400 (pushing 3hrs), and fuelling in France is massively expensive compared to the UK. Again, not an overly attractive proposition.

I'll be as pleased as anyone should it happen, but don't go holding your breath. ;)

nclairportfan
21st Jan 2007, 22:16
Maude Charlee

I'm not holding my breath, just think that any BE base would be good for NCL and may breathe some new life into what has been a pretty stagnant domestic market of late.

On the CWL route, the point I was really making was it needs a new operator. In March 06 for example, before 6G left the route carried 2066 pax in that month, however in Nov 06 T3 carried 1556, which on these numbers is a near 25% reduction in pax numbers. I just think if BE came in the market would change, as even 6G's fares weren't that cheap! Who would have thought that NCL-EXT would be double daily with BE despite heavy competition from EZY up the road at BRS.

I only quoted BHX as a route as BE did themselves in a news article I read fairly recently.

I agree, I would love and want BE to re-open the NCL base but until I see a press release from them and bookings open I just won't believe it!

HH6702

So what is the press conference at NCL tomorrow you have been discussing in the Ryanair forum?

Wellington Bomber
22nd Jan 2007, 09:56
Heard that T3 have cancelled the London City due to LCY new owners doubling landing charges to encourage larger aircraft in the region of 100 seats to use the airport, greedy b******S, I hope the place sinks due to global warming

transwede
22nd Jan 2007, 09:58
However nice it would be to see the return of FCA to NCL, I very much doubt it will happen. Should the contract between the Thomas Cook group and the First Choice group not be renewed, then both tour operating arms would have greater number of seats to sell. For example at the moment, FCA pax are carried on TCX a/c with smaller allocations of holidays to sell. Same with TCX, as some of the seats onboard are sold to First Choice. This arrangement decreases the number of seats each tour operator has the responsibility for selling and cuts the risk of having empty seats. If say, FCA based an A320 to fly their holidays, then the number of seats they would have to sell is 180, more than at present, and again same for TCX holidays. They would have to sell 235 seats on majority of their flights. What I am getting at is that the risks for both companies increase if the contract is not renewed and lets not forget that First Choice is decreasing its concentration on the Short Haul package market.

Some other questions that have come up during these recent NCL discussions:

Have XL actually stated that their contract with Flyjet will be terminated as it was for 3 years and after the summer 07 season still has 18 months left on it?

Would, if it did happen, XL base their own a/c at NCL during the winter or sub contract it out again?

Somebody said expect new route announcements in the next few days, what is the source of this information?

Despite press coverage, do we think BE will actually have a 4 a/c operation at NCL?

Will Jet2 find enough a/c to base 5/6 a/c at NCL for the summer and how many will it reduce to in the winter and there are still large gaps in their programme, could we see more routes?

Will VLM make a go of NCL-LCY?

sweet home ncl
22nd Jan 2007, 11:57
From another well known forum....

Cimber Air (QI) just announced that from March 25th, 2007, they will start operating a once-daily 50-seat CRJ flight CPH-NCL, with convenient connections in CPH.

The route has been tried before, first by easyJet, then by SK (op. by QI), and now they try themselfes. FlyBe talked about starting NCL-CPH with a Q400 a few months ago; donøt know what happened with that.

NCL will be the 11th UK destination from CPH; no other airport in Scandinavia or Germany has as many flights to the UK as CPH: LHR, LGW, LCY, STN, MAN, BHX, LBA, GLA, EDI, NCL, ABZ.

Jamesair
22nd Jan 2007, 12:36
CIMBER AIR new COPENHAGEN route

Timings.. Mon - Fri arr NCL 1120 dep NCL 1155
SAT arr NCL 1505 dep NCL 1535
SUN arr NCL 1630 arr NCL 1705

Maude Charlee
22nd Jan 2007, 12:50
Given BE have a massive recruitment headache looming for this year, I will be surprised if they can crew existing aircraft and provide a full 07 schedule, let alone new routes from new bases. If the BACON merger does proceed, it will get massively worse given the numbers of crew baling out from BACON at the moment.

Ops Guy
22nd Jan 2007, 12:53
Transwede: despite press coverage, do we think BE will actually have a 4 a/c operation at NCL?

I definately think BE will have major route development from NCL in the coming years. When this happens and the size of their operation, who knows!. But there is definately gaps in the market for them at NCL, and lets remember NCL isn't going to have space for them until at least next year.

We will just have to wait and see!! :*

mathers_wales_uk
22nd Jan 2007, 16:06
Maude Charlee

I'm not holding my breath, just think that any BE base would be good for NCL and may breathe some new life into what has been a pretty stagnant domestic market of late.

On the CWL route, the point I was really making was it needs a new operator. In March 06 for example, before 6G left the route carried 2066 pax in that month, however in Nov 06 T3 carried 1556, which on these numbers is a near 25% reduction in pax numbers. I just think if BE came in the market would change, as even 6G's fares weren't that cheap! Who would have thought that NCL-EXT would be double daily with BE despite heavy competition from EZY up the road at BRS.

I'm not sure of the figures that have been transported, but i know for sure that CWL needs a new operator doing the CWL - NCL route, eastern airways is such a small operator, only offering 58 seats a day. Maybe if there was a operator offering cheaper flights for sure there will be enough passengers to justify this. As Eastern Airways has a good passenger load even though the expensive cost.

:ok:

transwede
23rd Jan 2007, 10:05
Good news about Cimber Air and NCL-CPH. Didn't think with CPH airports owning part of NCL that the route would not be flown. Cimber maybe just the right airline to operate the flight. Small aircraft which can feed into a large route network and support short breaks to CPH. However, this route has been attempted numerous times now by different airlines and none of them has ever lasted long, so fingers crossed for this time!
Thats one route NCL lost and someone else has stepped in and resurrected it. Lets hope we get a replacement for Oslo, Berlin and BUD or alternative eastern europe destination.

With Eastern stopping NCL-LCY will their 4th based aircraft do anything else or go to another base or just be used as a standby a/c?

crewboi83
23rd Jan 2007, 11:37
Wasnt it CIMBER AIR that operatedon behalf of SAS anyway?

Jamesair
23rd Jan 2007, 11:57
Yes, they did operate on behalf of SAS last time round but this time they are doing it under their own name
If they can achieve the same good load factor as SAS did, with lower overheads they could have a profitable operation especially if it builds to twice daily. SAS had loads well over the figure they needed to go twice daily but the yield was not high enough to make it profitable enough.

skyman771
23rd Jan 2007, 13:38
All this talk about new routes makes me think again as to why we do not have a NCL - MAN of any sorts? If 6G can make a go of NCL - BHX on J41's with a high fare structure & limited through connections then MAN must seem very attractive. LHR is at present a mess & MAN could certainly support a choice of US connections. Accepted that Dan Air tried many years ago, but the conditions now are different, I'm assuming that ongoing surveys are conducted as to prospecive demand vs costs, though I would assume that something more akin to a Q400 would apear more viable than a J41.
On other comments re 6G, I admire their success in carving a niche on high revenue routes with frequency & lower capacity, but I do feel that this trend is going to be difficult to sustain. I used to fly with them regularly on the NCL - BHX & even at peak times it was unusual to see more than two thirds occupied. The service was always good & crew very pleasant but it's 'bums on seats' that will count in the end. I too don't see NCL-CWL being capable of adding anything positive to their revenue.

transwede
23rd Jan 2007, 13:59
skyman771 I think you're getting a little confused. 6G was Air Wales, the routes you mentioned above are operated by Eastern Airways (T3).

Jet2

I suspect we may well see more from Jet2 for the coming summer. If their rumoured plan to base upto 6 aircraft are true then most planes will only operate around 1 flight per day, with alot of non-flying i.e parked on the tarmac. This would hardly be profitable for them to do, NCL being one of the highest in aircraft parking charges. Also alot of flights do not fit into the flight schedule and require extra a/c. For example the 2 weekly flights to TFS. Also BGO flights do slot into a programme well, unless they will be using the 146 LGW a/c?? Maybe we could see SXF and BUD/WAW?

HH6702
23rd Jan 2007, 14:31
Jet2

aircraft for summer ive heard being

2x 737QC
2 x 737
1 x 757
1 x 146

i expect the gaps in the programme will soon be filled.

lukeylad
23rd Jan 2007, 15:15
Do jet2 even have enough aircraft to cover the NCL base i hear there having trouble getting new 737s and 2 757s were sent back last week,

crewboi83
23rd Jan 2007, 16:24
Yeah thats why they drafted in a FUA 737-400 at MAN to cover one of teh 757s mainland spain routes.
I think NCL will be a 5 aircraft base with 2x 733 2x 752 and a 146 or 3x733 1x 757 and a 146
Cant see 6 aircraft just yet! there isnt enuff flying around. if they r announcing anything soon better get it on the website soon!

skyman771
24th Jan 2007, 13:46
[QUOTE=transwede;3084977]skyman771 I think you're getting a little confused. 6G was Air Wales, the routes you mentioned above are operated by Eastern Airways (T3).
Yes thanks for pointing that error out, appologies I have given myself a thorough reprimand in confusing my '6G's' with my 'T3's'

transwede
25th Jan 2007, 09:12
We all get confused in a while!:}

Out of interest, does anyone think we will see any more new route announcements in time for summer 07? I'm still hedging bets on seeing more from Jet2!

en2r
25th Jan 2007, 12:18
transwede

They've increased Newcastle-Cork from 2 per week at present to 5 per week from March. Has this increase come at the expense of another route?

Jamesair
25th Jan 2007, 15:43
JET 2

There still seems to be gaps in their a/c utilisation as far as I can see, leaving scope for new route announcements. I would think if they are to happen, and are to start at the end of March, any announcement would have to be before the end of this month to allow for marketing/sales.

Ops Guy
26th Jan 2007, 19:26
Any further news on the alleged charter airline to be based at NCL that was being talked about?

HH6702: What ever happened to the press conference that was supposed to happen on Monday gone (Ryanair Forum)???

Charlie Roy
26th Jan 2007, 21:48
Ops Guy

The press conference was to announce Cimber's Copenhagen route.

10 DME ARC
26th Jan 2007, 22:24
I don't think there was a press conference on Monday, the Cimber went out as a release to the press later on in the day?

Ops Guy
26th Jan 2007, 22:33
Cimber NCL - CPH was that all it was!!. :rolleyes:

SWBKCB
27th Jan 2007, 11:07
Still early days, but just picked up these interesting quotes from the Newcastle Journal last week:
Hundreds of seats have already been booked to Dubai and to further destinations including China and Australia, with October's half term and next Christmas and New Year flights filling up fast. Business class seats are also proving popular - with one independent travel agent selling virtually the entire section in one day.
Jane Bernstone, director of Jesmond Travel, says the firm has been overwhelmed with the response to the launch. They sold 25 seats out of 27 available in business class in just 24 hours. Jane said: "The demand has been fantastic, not just for Dubai, but beyond. Up to now, people have had to drive to Manchester or Glasgow or get an extra flight to London, with all the taxes that involves. People have been paying through the nose and have effectively been penalised for living in the North-East. This changes all of that."
An Emirates spokesman said: "We are absolutely delighted with the interest that has been shown in our new service, both from business and leisure travellers. Travellers from across the North-East are clearly starting to recognise the benefits of having a direct, long-haul service to the east from their local airport, which means they will encounter no costly time delays by having to transit via airports in London or continental Europe. Over the past week alone, several hundred travellers have already booked to travel with Emirates from Newcastle."
Chiefs at the airline expect up to 200,000 passengers a year to use the service. Regional development agency One NorthEast was instrumental in helping persuade Emirates to launch the service - visiting Dubai to promote the value of an investment in the North-East. A spokesman said: "We are delighted that Emirates' confidence in the region has been rewarded with such a healthy initial take-up from business class travellers."

fl dutchman
27th Jan 2007, 19:48
Ops Guy
The press conference was to announce Cimber's Copenhagen route.
It did not seem to do much good. Some of the local media seem only interested in negative stories about NCL.
Although there has been many items in the local press re Emirates I noticed that on the day of the anouncement there was no reference to it on any of the radio Newcastle news bulletins I heard from noon throughout the rest of the day. The possible B A strike and NCL cancellations was the top story on all bulletins for almost 2 days on the same station. Any other negative stories even quite trivial ones also seem to make top headlines. Or am I just imagining this.

SWBKCB
27th Jan 2007, 19:57
Does the reference to Radio Newcastle relate to the Cimber or Emirates launch? If Emirates, the launch featured quite heavily on the breakfast show on the day of the launch, and it's been mentioned a few times since.

fl dutchman
27th Jan 2007, 21:31
I was refering to Emirates, Didnt hear breakfast show.Heard only P M broadcasts. But being quite a major story thought it might have been mentioned in the main news throughout that day.
Saw a small piece in Chronicle re CPH flight.

transwede
30th Jan 2007, 10:38
Marketing new services is something that airlines and NCL airport can do very right or get wrong. For example the new EK service is being promoted everywhere, checkin screens, round the airport, in the press (papers/radio/tv) and online. However, not much attention has been paid to the new services to GRO (FR), CPH (QI) or GWY (Aer Arran). Current services from NCL are very rarely advertised too. I have never seen adverts for HLX, EI etc, but the likes of LS, EZY and TOM are all over buses, taxis, papers etc. Is it the airport that promotes services or the individual airline? The more advertising and promotion the more chance of success??!!

On another note, does NCL have the possibility to gain any further new routes in the UK? I know expansion at busy times is limited, but what about during the day? NQY is possible and a regular JER service, possibly flown by FlyBE or Air Southwest (who could have spare capacity now that they have competition by BA on LGW-NQY?).

fl dutchman
30th Jan 2007, 11:08
It is mainly up to the individual airline to advertise its services with paid for adverts in the press T V, radio etc. However the airport usually will also do some promotion possibly in conjunction with the airline.
P R is a very important part of promoting a service. It is in effect free advertising ie news reports, competitions, in the press, radio etc. This type of publicity can be difficult to achieve especially if the media concerned does not have a good relationship with the airport. As I said in earlier posts It seems that "some" local media prefer to only report negative stuff re NCL. There could be all sorts of reasons for this!.
Incidentally EI have ran numerous paid for press ads in the local papers promoting the Dublin service for the last couple of months.
RE Emirates I dont think I have seen any "paid for" advertising ouside the airport for this service, it seems to be mainly excelent PR. (well in most places)

transwede
1st Feb 2007, 08:54
There has been talk of the EK DXB service being profitable before pax are carried on the flights as agreements have rumoured to have been signed to carry large amounts of freight on each departure and arrival, which is worth quite alot of revenue. In addition pax carried are bonus profits and judging by previous posts, sales are going well and I'm sure it won't be long before the likes of holiday specialists Kuoni, Hayes and Jarvis etc start buying seats and offering, atlast proper long haul holidays from NCL. The route network available from DXB is fantastic, with the far east, africa and austrailasia all easily available now from NCL. Just a shame that east bound NCL only has charters to YYZ/YHM, SFB and POP - 2 of which have reduced capacity from previous years.

Are TCX still offering Hurghada for sale next winter or is that another no starter?

The numerous Onur Air flights supposed to operate from NCL this summer could also be in jeopardy as rumour on another forum says that another carrier is taking over all international OHY flights, using 320/321 aircraft with the A300's going and MD's being kept by OHY for domestic use. The plan is to get rid of Onur's negative image. 2 Onur Air widebody aircraft were planned to be on the ground at the same time this summer, quite a sight at NCL where widebody aircraft are few and far between (although not for long!).

Jamesair
1st Feb 2007, 23:24
2 new developments to report.

JET 2 has now launched its holiday company

A new executive charter company has been set up with Newcastle headquarters.....Plane Chartering Ltd will base executive a/c at Newcastle Airport.

transwede
2nd Feb 2007, 09:57
Is this Plane Chartering Ltd the rumoured new charter carrier? Maybe we all got a bit confused thinking it could be the likes of MON, AEU and FCA!

With Jet2 launching a holiday brand, does that mean further expansion for their flights from UK bases? For example, could they move into offering flight and charter packages to the likes of the greek islands, turkey etc? Has anything been confirmed yet as to what a/c NCL is getting from them for the summer? Their programme timings still demand 6 aircraft and with their difficulty in finding suitable 757's, is this still possible for NCL?

nclpilot
2nd Feb 2007, 10:14
Has anyone got a website link for Plane CHartering Ltd? Googled it but nothing was returned

As that would be advertising which isn't allowed here please respond via PM.

skyman771
2nd Feb 2007, 11:44
Ref. Plane Chartering Limited, I would not get too carried away at this stage. A search of the Companies House data base reveals that the company was only incorporated on 1st November 2006. The limited company has it's registered office based in Hove !
Unless it's taken over the business of some existing company, then they certainly have a long way to go...:confused:

Jamesair
2nd Feb 2007, 12:07
The company has just been set up in the UK and is currently based in Antibes, France. the headquarters are to be moved to Newcastle Airport and the owner Karl Watkin a Newcastle entrepreneur.

There is an article to be found on icnewcastle...search Newcastle Airport.

Ops Guy
2nd Feb 2007, 16:45
So all in all, what does this mean for Newcastle?

Jamesair
2nd Feb 2007, 16:52
As far as I can make out it will mean the introduction of one or more 6 seater plus executive aircraft to be available for private charter at NCL and certain other airports in the UK.

All in all a useful addition to the services available at the airport.

transwede
4th Feb 2007, 17:41
I see tour operator 'Scot Travel' will operate extra services to Turkey, DLM and BJV during summer 07 using a/c of FHY Freebird Airlines. This makes upto 20 flights per week NCL-Turkey, servind Dalaman, Bodrum, Antalya and Izmir/Adnan using TCX, TOM, MYT, XL, OHY and FHY. Obviously the number of people travelling on their jollies to Turkey is increasing - possibly the next boom for loco carriers?

unclebaldy
8th Feb 2007, 18:14
any news what aircraft will op the flight??
cheers P.

GrahamK
8th Feb 2007, 19:50
Unclebaldy,
I believe it'll be a FlyBe 146 again :ok:

unclebaldy
8th Feb 2007, 19:55
Cheers, for that. P.

Ops Guy
8th Feb 2007, 22:25
Is it not a Jet 2 733!!

perusal
11th Feb 2007, 09:30
http://www.newcastleairport.com/Corporate/company-structure.htm

Seems to have been a few management changes recently following the untimely departure of Lars Friis, FD

NCL-06
11th Feb 2007, 14:14
Does anyone know what is happening with Jet2 at NCL this summer?
How many aircraft will be based? and is it likely any new routes will be announced any time soon?

lukeylad
11th Feb 2007, 15:07
I think its 3 maybe 4 737s 1 757 and a 146.

But Jet2 are having trouble getting 757s at the moment. They had to send 2 back as they needed too much work to get them into service!

crewboi83
11th Feb 2007, 17:20
It now looks like 3 737s 1 757 and the 146

Ops Guy
11th Feb 2007, 17:23
perusal:Seems to have been a few management changes recently following the untimely departure of Lars Friis, FD

The changes to management have nothing to do with the unfortunate loss of Lars!!!

Why do you suggest they do??

transwede
12th Feb 2007, 14:52
Is the Jet2 programme, with current flight times sustainable with that plan of based aircraft, there seems to be alot of overlapping with departure times etc?

perusal
12th Feb 2007, 15:56
Why do you suggest they do??

My comment was made entirely without prejudice nor inference, purely an observation.

Apologies if i've offended

Jamesair
12th Feb 2007, 16:08
TRANSWEDE

I've been having the same difficulties with JET 2 with overlapping and gaps in utilisation. Could be more flights to be announced or time changes to come perhaps?

fl dutchman
12th Feb 2007, 21:03
Could they be going to do some charter work for another airline during the gaps in the schedules. Or could they be sub chartering themselves to take care of the overlaps ? Or do a major re schedule excercise.
Seems a bit late to announce new routes for summer 07. However flights to Pula, Dubrovnic and Jersey would be a much needed addition.

transwede
13th Feb 2007, 10:05
I wouldn't imagine that they will subcharter a/c to operate their flights, though they could very well be operating the odd ad-hoc themselves during the gap, football charters etc. I would imagine that a few flights will be rescheduled.

For example, if 3 737, 1 757 and a 146 are to be based, then monday would be a bit of an impossibiliy:
a/c 1 - 0645/0955 AMS then 1030/1710 PSA
a/c 2 - 1010/1635 KRK then 1710/2020 AMS
a/c 3 - 1300/1940 MJV
a/c 4 - 1030/1700 PMI
146 a/c - all the LGW flights
this leaves no a/c to operate the ORK schedule and many other days are the same where there are too many flights departing around similar times and not arriving back in enough time to operate another service.

New routes to JER, Dubrovnik and Pula would be nice. The areas of the former Yugoslavia used to be very popular from NCL and in recent years have regained their reputation for up market breaks and with loco carriers and the likes of BA now serving these destinations from other UK airports the future for these destinations looks very positive and it would be nice for geordie travellers to be offered the option of flying from their local airport. I do, however remember reading somewhere that the areas of Split, DBV and Pula were struggling to meet demand, i.e matching the amount of visitors with hotel rooms, so maybe that could be a possibility as to why NCL has no such link?

I always thought that NCL having no links to VCE, MAD and WAW was a bit strange considering the amount of loco activity we now have!

mmeteesside
13th Feb 2007, 10:57
Well looking at that I think you lot will get a maximum of 3 737 and a 146.... don't forget that you will need 2x 737QC over the summer once the royal mail network changes. (a new route starting from NCL that Jet2 have got)

Ops Guy
13th Feb 2007, 11:14
East Midlands I believe. To start later in the year!!

SWBKCB
13th Feb 2007, 16:58
Anybody what the work going on to the pick up/drop off area is for?

Also, presume the work at the old hire car area is for the new hotel?

Ops Guy
13th Feb 2007, 18:05
Yes the work at the old hire car place is for the new hotel.

ncleflights
13th Feb 2007, 19:00
ops guy

hope your runour for east midlands route does not relate to bmi baby, they are getting quite good lately at starting and dropping routes and I can not see such a route been that well used

Thanks

Ops Guy
13th Feb 2007, 20:29
Bit of confusion I think. I meant as an extra mail route. No relation to BMI.

1 x 733 STN
1 x 733 EMA
:ok:

682ft AMSL
13th Feb 2007, 21:49
The fact someone at Jet2 had a bit of finger trouble when setting up the PSA-NCL times in the timetable and booking engine is causing all the confusion over Jet2's base plan for NCL.

The outgoing flight departs 10:30 local and arrives in Pisa at 14:05 local; allowing for the 1 hour time difference, 2h 35mins flight time.

The return flight departs Pisa at 14:35 local and arrives into NCL at 17:10; allowing for the 1 hour time difference, 3h 35mins flight time.

Unless Jet2 are forecasting expectionally strong headwinds on this route over the summer, one assumes the correct arrival time into NCL is 16:10 local. Which, as a matter of no coincidence, is the arrival slot they have requested at NCL. The 16:10 arrival then leaves ample turnaround for the outbound to AMS.

Factor this in, and some published changes to AGP and PMI times and you have

1 x 146 (all LGW, all BGO and the Saturday ORK)

2 x 757
all TFS
all MJV
most PMI
most AGP

2 x 737 to do everything else

Just hope too many people haven't booked onward transport from NCL after arriving from PSA given the reality is they will be arriving 1 hour earlier!

Wellington Bomber
14th Feb 2007, 15:15
682ft amsl

Maybe they have factored in waiting for a parking stand at Newcastle???

Pembo330
14th Feb 2007, 22:37
Do we know which aircraft is running the Friday PMI?

Kev 1
15th Feb 2007, 09:05
Pembo330,
It will be one of the two based 752s, does the PMI run in the morning then the TFS run later on, whilst the other A/C does the MJV run.
Hope this helps
Kev

NCL1
20th Feb 2007, 06:24
The building of the new security search area commences from today, estimated to take around 6-7 weeks. It's being moved right back to where Costa is upstairs.

Jamesair
20th Feb 2007, 10:52
Everything has gone very quiet.....end of the month should see the Flybe/Bacon merger completed then perhaps we will hear more about Flybe's plans for NCL (especially the 4 a/c base).

Robert William
20th Feb 2007, 15:20
Whats the name of the clip i cant find it :ugh: tnx

Ops Guy
20th Feb 2007, 23:41
Everything has gone very quiet.....end of the month should see the Flybe/Bacon merger completed then perhaps we will hear more about Flybe's plans for NCL (especially the 4 a/c base).

Other than what was reported in the local press when Flybe merged with Bacon regarding the 4 a/c base many months ago. Does anyone actually have any facts from contacts working at Flybe of the proposed 4 a/c base at NCL. Up untill now there has only been one announcement and that was only Limoges ages ago. I understand their will be development with Flybe in the coming years, but can we really expect to see a 4 based aircraft operation out of NCL and if so, when? Or was this just the press being optimistic about the Flybe/Bacon merger??

How long did it take easyjet to get 4 a/c up and running when they started 4-5 years ago?

Ops Guy

ncleflights
21st Feb 2007, 07:13
ops guy

I was under the impression that the article about flybe before Christmas was factual at the time. It was after all flybe that took the story to the Chronicle. However given the problems with the merger and recruitment situation I would have thought the plans are unlikely to go ahead now.

Thanks

transwede
21st Feb 2007, 07:49
Its a shame if the plan of a base at NCL doesn't go ahead, there are definate plus points to having BE at NCL, both for the airline and the airport and passengers. The smaller aircraft, such as the Dash8 has the ability to fly smaller, niche routes which may not be viable by current loco carriers at NCL, which have larger aircraft. BE would mix in well on domestic and international business routes, together with short haul european leisure routes, similar to Limoges! I hope when their merger is finalised, we see some expansion.

There are a couple of points to consider though,

Does NCL have the capacity to deal with 4 based aircraft, in terms of checkin, parking and pax facilities?
Are there enough potential routes to support a fairly large operation?
Will BE be able to recruit experienced technical and flight staff at NCL?
Were the promises made in the press reality or just a possibility?

NCL-06
21st Feb 2007, 13:40
does anyone know yet who will provide ground handling to EK when they start flying from NCL?

Ops Guy
21st Feb 2007, 15:18
Swissport :ok:

transwede
21st Feb 2007, 17:47
Wishful thinking there opsguy?

Dont think that any firm contracts have been agreed yet? Also up for grabs is Aer Arran and Flyglobespan!

Ops Guy
21st Feb 2007, 17:58
The reason why I suggested Swissport was because I know they are going to visit Manchester to look at how the operation is performed down there!!

Wellington Bomber
22nd Feb 2007, 09:20
Ops Guy

Well that is one way of not getting the business

Jamesair
22nd Feb 2007, 23:55
Flybe are introducing a second Mon - Fri flight to Belfast City with effect from 26th March this will give 0820 and 1735 departures. This will enable a day return flight and should enable them to more effectively compete with Easyjet.

HH6702
23rd Feb 2007, 17:51
Just to let you know flight times are as follows

Sundays

arrive 08:30 departs 09:55

Bodrum and Dalaman

p.s good news about flybe and belfast:)

HH6702
25th Feb 2007, 16:17
It's states on another airline forum that ryanair is hoping to start shannon from NCL in 2007.

lets hope this comes true.

en2r
25th Feb 2007, 16:25
It will probably replace the Shannon-Bournmouth route on which loads have been diarr, operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Also they probably don't want Jet2 to get too successful from Cork (they're increasing to 5 weekly from March), Jet2's service to Cork being the only route from Munster to Newcastle.

HH6702
25th Feb 2007, 16:29
By the quick reply there you must have heard something?

Great news for ryanair and ncl airport if it happens

also going back to CO @ NCL.
it states on a different forum that CO may add NCL to its network but sharing the route with another airport maybe LGW?
less of a risk doing it that way. anybody heard anything new on this?
:) :)

en2r
25th Feb 2007, 16:35
HH6702

I haven't heard anything specifically about NCL, however I have heard that Shannon-Bournemouth is a disaster and will soon be axed, and NCL would be a similiar flight time from SNN, and considering that most other major UK cities are already served from SNN, I'd say its the most likely route to replace Bournemouth.

skyman771
25th Feb 2007, 20:03
HH6702
Nothing on 'my radar' re CO & my feelings are to let this one go for the time being. CO are putting more resource into Scotland EDI *2 daily & GLA 11* weekly as they are experiencing very good loads. It would appear that they are anticipating strong growth outside London but do they currently operate any split load operations on transatlantic at present ? . I realise that GSM are to do this on the NCL - YHM but this operation is aimed at an entirely different market.

SnappyOscar
26th Feb 2007, 04:44
:ok: EK do their own ground handling

transwede
26th Feb 2007, 10:03
I was under the impression that EK will employ an agent, eg Servisair/Swissport and also employ their own representatives to oversee handling?!

Ops Guy
3rd Mar 2007, 16:31
Very quiet at NCL at the minute!!

If anyone's done the maths, aircraft to stand ratio. You will find that we will be full every night. NO spare stands!! Thats with the two extra stands currently being built.

Roll on the summer!! :D

deltahotel9
3rd Mar 2007, 18:40
Lets hope no one goes tech requiring another unit to cover then or there could be trouble :(

Anyone know what xl are basing this year and from who? Schedule shows a 57 and a 37 are finnair back?

SWBKCB
3rd Mar 2007, 20:02
Apart from the obvious inconvenience of being on the wrong side of the runway, are there any issues with overnighting smaller aircraft on the southside ? What size aircraft could go on the Samson ramp and outside the old Gill hangar - 146's regularly park up for football charters??

lukeylad
3rd Mar 2007, 23:16
I heard that Jet2 sent there both there 737s southside a few weeks ago is this true?

Mark23
4th Mar 2007, 10:45
Interesting to hear the rumour of ryanair to shannon from ncl. But it seems to me that Ryanair operations at Ncl have been about their least succesful at any UK airport:

Oslo from daily to nothing.
Bergamo from weekly to daily to thrice weekly (with good times) to thrice weekly (arrive at Bergamo at midnight)

which just leaves Dublin (where loads are not great) and Girona where prices, and therefore bookings, seem low (i.e. Ryanair are introducing flights to Girona on the same days at Bristol as from Ncl against fierce Easy opposition and prices for the same days are generally higher).

Compared to Jet2 and Easy they have a really low profile in the region and this can't help. But whilst the existing routes struggle I think we are a long way from seeing a Ryanair base in Ncl.

NCLRULES
4th Mar 2007, 14:57
I haven't look at the CAA, but I was under the impression the Dublin route was going well. It was Aer Lingus that wasn't looking so good?

Prices are always low on Ryanair by looking at a few routes, so I don't think comparing prices from airports can determine that the bookings aren't going well.

I look at their website to compare prices. I compared BRS and NCL leaving June 25th and returning 27th June. NCL was £5 more on the outbound and £65 more inbound. If Ryanair thought the route wouldn't be successful, why did they originally plan to do Girona daily? (Reduced to 4x weekly at the last minute when baby pulled MME)

I understand LPL was in the same situation as NCL with Bergamo at the end of last summer when it was to be dropped? Liverpool is one of Ryanair's biggest and most successful bases. Just because it is reduced/dropped doesn't mean it isn't successful, but in Ryanair's case, I imagine they would rather go somewhere where more money is to be made.

Yes, Ryanair isn't as big as LS and EZY at NCL, but I wouldn't say Ryanair is low profile. Most people I know who want to go to Dublin head straight for their website. They advertise a lot in papers, plus with them being Europe's biggest LCC, they don't really need loads of promotion.

dwlpl
4th Mar 2007, 22:17
"I understand LPL was in the same situation as NCL with Bergamo at the end of last summer when it was to be dropped? Liverpool is one of Ryanair's biggest and most successful bases."

What happened with the Liverpool/Milan Bergamo route was that it went from daily down to four per week in February 2005. Then Ryanair left it very late in placing the route into its booking engine for the winter 2006.
The route will go daily exc Saturday during this summer.

Marra123
4th Mar 2007, 23:01
As far as Iam aware all Ryanair loads are pretty good from NCL. I heard that the Torp has been dropped as its a LPL based aircraft which does a W rotation into NCL (not sure if this is true or not ) heard that its to be used on new route LPL-ALC i think. Aer Lingus loads are quite poor but busy over the weekends.

I see Easyjets prices for BCN are looking rather cheap for May, I priced one at £48.98 yesterday return including taxes!

Regarding the summer and stand allocation.....What will happen (which Im sure it will at some point) the MON is delayed on a Thurs/Fri and the EK has started this could mean two a330's in at same time. Who gets the new airbridge (cnt remember what stand) and is there a stand to take another aircraft of this size?

dwlpl
4th Mar 2007, 23:28
"I heard that the Torp has been dropped as its a LPL based aircraft which does a W rotation into NCL (not sure if this is true or not ) heard that its to be used on new route LPL-ALC i think."

The Newcastle part of the Liverpool/Oslo/Newcastle/Oslo/Liverpool routing stops at the start of the summer schedules and has nothing to do with the Alicante route exLiverpool.

Marra123
4th Mar 2007, 23:35
Newcastle-Torp was still a popular route most of the time so the route being dropped isnt down to lack of pax interest.

Does anybody know whats being built next to current control tower?

ncleflights
5th Mar 2007, 07:56
Just had the regional press release for Newcastle emailed to me from FLYBE regarding the FLYNE - BACON merger, one interesting point to note is that it states the the merger "will have a sizeable impact on the airlines Newcastle Buisiness". It does not however elaborate any further or give a timescale to this sizeable impact.

Thanks

transwede
5th Mar 2007, 10:00
Marra123 should both A330 aircraft be on the ground at the same time, then I suppose EK will get the airbridge and Monarch will park remote. With such a high prestige route and airline like EK the airport are going to want to do things right.

Stands

When the new stands are complete, what size aircraft will they be capable of handling? And exactly what aircraft will be nightstopping, as Jet2 still seem undecided what they will be basing here. Lets also bear in mind that aircraft such as Eastern can share certain stands and NCL must be available as a diversion point, so surely it cannot be at full capacity during the nightor can it? Not sure how that works, though previously NCL has used the taxiway as temporary parking for diverted aircraft!

I am presuming that aircraft parked on the southside cannot be used for regular pax ops, as pax coaches would be unable to reach the a/c unless it is being handled by Samson?

NCL really does need some investment on a number of areas, when such an increase in operations is occurring.

More pax coaches for remote departures. A/C such as 757 usually get allocated 2 buses, but pax have to wait on a/c while bus 1 drops off at terminal and returns.

The pier area is cold, grey and a bit shabby. Why not have an open pier area like other airports, now that arrivals and departures are separate.

The immigration area is now quite small and inadequate at busy times.

crewboi83
5th Mar 2007, 12:10
Transwede
Jet2 confirmed based units as 2x 737s (Prob both QCs as new mail route starts in Aug) and 2x 757 with the flightline 146 as well so 5 in total.
Im not sure about operations from southside, I have heard rumours of Jet2 boarding flights over there but not sure if its true.
Just for info this looks like the provisional copy of the programme from jet2
737-300
MON KRK ORK
TUE MAH LEI
WED PSA
THU ORK AGP
FRI KRK ORK
SAT PSA KRK
SUN LEI ORK AMS
737-300QC
MON AMS PSA AMS (STN MAIL RUN)
TUE AMS PMI AMS (STN MAIL RUN)
WED AMS PMI AMS (STN MAIL RUN)
THU AMS VLC AMS (STN MAIL RUN)
FRI AMS PSA AMS (STN MAIL RUN)
SAT AMS VLC MAH
SUN VLC AGP
757-200
MON PMI
TUE AGP TFS
WED FREE
THU PMI
FRI PMI TFS
SAT PMI
SUN PMI
757-200
MON MJV
TUE MJV
WED MJV
THU MJV
FRI MJV
SAT MJV AGP
SUN MJV
146-200
MON LGW LGW LGW
TUE LGW LGW LGW
WED LGW LGW BGO LGW
THU LGW LGW LGW
FRI LGW LGW BGO LGW
SAT LGW ORK BGO
SUN LGW
Quite busy compared to last year!
This should be the final copy of the programme but I wouldnt be suprised to see a bit of tweaking now and then. :p

airhumberside
5th Mar 2007, 15:24
ncleflights - that press release is a standard one and I wouldn't read too much into it beyond Flybe not planning to leave NCL anytime soon. Easy and free publicity for them in the North East press if the newspapers up there pick up on it

Jet 2 wont be having high utilisation rates then this summer. And I would imagine NCL management wont be that thrilled about this when stands are at a premium but one of them is being taken up by a B757 operating 1 or at most 2 flights a day to Spain

Skipness One Echo
5th Mar 2007, 15:59
Sorry guys had a good look on the website but can't find it, anyone advise who handles BA at Newcastle. The last time I was there is was Northeast (!)

skyman771
5th Mar 2007, 16:54
Transwede 'The immigration area is now quite small and inadequate at busy times'.
I whole heartedly agree:ok: This area has always been small, but it is as ever the staffing levels that are the cause of delays, - is it ever manned by more than two customs officers as they now appear to be taking more attention of everyones passport? They do not appear to enforce the discipline of the sign directions - EU & Non EU which can result in long queues forming when both desks are 'highjacked' by Non EU !:=
N.B. you can't blame this one on the servicability of security hardware !:ugh:

Ops Guy
5th Mar 2007, 17:25
Skipness One Echo: who handles BA at Newcastle?

Swissport

transwede The new stands will be capable of accommodating up to a B738.

NCL doesn't have to be avaliable for a diversion point. What I mean by that is. NCL is open 24/7 but will normally only accept divs if they can be accommodated on the ground. I.e stand avaliablity, handling agent ect. There wouldn't be stands kept empty on the off chance of a div, infrequent as they are.

If aircraft were ever to be parked south side then thay would have to be towed north side for departrure as the samson area isn't a RZ. Can't get anything bigger than a F100/Bae 146 on Fox apron.

NCL1
5th Mar 2007, 17:27
There are normally 3 immigration staff operating at peak times, i no they have just extended there office, and immigration staff would like an even bigger area for this summer but airport management wont fork out the money for it! i no last summer esp saturday nights it was ridiculous, us crew had to fight our way though pax off all the main charters all queud up all the way down the channel. It will be even worse this summer! Imagine when on occasion you have international flights dropping from all your charters and int'l carriers! plus the expansion of Jet2!
At least the security search area is already getting work done to it, shouldnt have ques down the stairs this summer, fingers crossed!
Its about time they pulled there fingers out and did some work on the pier and the gates, i'm ashamed of some of the gate areas, what a welcome to Newcastle International!
Also fair enough all these extra stands off pier are being set up in order to handle the higher amount of a/c's being based at ncl, but what about the higher levels of pax?? the coaching gates take long enough to board, what happens when you have a few a/c's off stand all with close departure slots? I think they need to get more gates as well as stands, and buses, cant believe we often get 1 coach to board a 757! :ugh:

postcard
5th Mar 2007, 17:58
If aircraft were ever to be parked south side then thay would have to be towed north side for departrure as the samson area isn't a RZ. Can't get anything bigger than a F100/Bae 146 on Fox apron.

I must be getting old...happy days...Dan Air B707's on F apron !!

airhumberside
5th Mar 2007, 20:40
Its hardly a great situation though - including for Jet 2 who could surely be better utilising their assets

And would NCL management be so supportive if they got approached by an airline, say Flybe, looking to base some aircraft that would be doing 4/5 flights a day, including some to important, currently unserved, business destination. Noy saying that will hapen, but it could

The Jet 2 expansion at NCL is great for the airport and the North East, but it would be better all round in Jet 2 increased utilisation in the future by adding more flights (e.g. BUD, VCE, SXF) or reducing based aircraft, say by one, and utislising the remaining aircraft better

SWBKCB
5th Mar 2007, 20:58
Just different strokes for different folks!

EZY/RYR have very young fleets which they have to work very hard to make pay.

Jet2 have an older, cheaper fleet which they don't have to work so hard but which need more TLC. The lower utilisation has the benefit of having more slack in the system for when things go wrong, which helps with their customer image.

Marra123
5th Mar 2007, 21:16
I hear that the new security search area (above check-in 1-8) will have 6 x ray machines. They have four at the minute and ive never seen them all open before!

Reagarding the Jet2 based a/c. I cant see there being two 757 being based here this summer but could see one based and one visiting.

Ops Guy
5th Mar 2007, 21:49
Postcard: I must be getting old...happy days...Dan Air B707's on F apron !!

We are talking about the same small Apron, southside in front of the old Gill hanger where Samson is located? (where the Airport was originally built)

I just can't physically imagine it!! :hmm:

Dan Air 707, how many years ago was that?? :ok:

fl dutchman
5th Mar 2007, 21:56
Can this be correct re the utilization of 2 x 752s at NCL.
There is hardly enough work for one. Perhaps there will be schedule changes to come. I cannot see them having the equvilent of one 752 sitting around all day doing nothing.

lukeylad
5th Mar 2007, 22:33
Gill Ramp
I heard Jet2 had there QC there 2 weeks ago.

postcard
6th Mar 2007, 08:18
During the 1970's Dan Air B707's were regular visitors on crew training.The aircraft parked on a few occasions on the south apron..and if memory is correct was even nose in ,partially inside the Gill hanger for a spot of maintenance once !!
The most large aircraft I remember on that apron at the same time were 3 Britannia's,3 Ambassadors and a DC3.
The only physical difference then,was the apron had an additional taxiway on to the runway west of the current foxtrot taxiway.This was removed late 70's to facilitate a new glide path building for the 07 ILS.
Over to you Mac..any more memories??

jet2impress
6th Mar 2007, 09:25
Definatly 2 x 757-200 at NCL this summer.

crewboi83
6th Mar 2007, 14:35
Yes deffo 2x 757s as myself and Jet2Impress have already stated!
One of the reasons i assume the 757 is sitting around is due to the slot times into various places such as PMI AGP and MJV, so 2x 757s are needed.
Recruitment has also been geared around 2x 757s and crew are currently being trained as we speak ready for the 2x 757s and 1x 146 arriving in a few weeks.
And this info in coming from a reliable source, since we both work for the company

groundhand
6th Mar 2007, 15:02
South apron.
I also recall RAF/TA exercises when we had 3 C130 + VC10 over there at the same time and used the Gill hangar for check-in! The NAAFI provided some of the best bacon rolls ever, much better than Sweaty Betty's ever did.
I don't think 'separation' had been invented. Long, long before Samson was built.

CentreFix25
6th Mar 2007, 15:19
I remember a KLM Fokker 100 nose in to the old Gill hangar to get a windscreen replaced 3-4 years ago.

On another note, i've heard talk of a visiting Surinam Airways 747-300 bringing AZ Alkmar supporters on Thursday!

Britannia
6th Mar 2007, 16:18
On another note, i've heard talk of a visiting Surinam Airways 747-300 bringing AZ Alkmar supporters on Thursday!

From the AZ Alkmar website:

1st charter Boeing 747:

08-03-2007 AMS dept 10:00hr - arrive NCL 10:05hr

08-03-2007 NCL dept 23:45hr - AMS arrive 01:45hr

2nd charter Boeing 737:

08-03-2007 AMS dept 10:20hr - NCL arrive 10:25hr

08-03-2007 NCL dept 23:30hr - AMS arrive 01:35hr

Ops Guy
6th Mar 2007, 17:34
luckeylad: Gill Ramp
I heard Jet2 had there QC there 2 weeks ago.

Whats your source? Maybe's the Golf Apron!!

Jamesair
14th Mar 2007, 17:37
Just a couple of weeks to the commencement of the summer timetable. Any thoughts on what new routes the winter will bring?

Might we get more German routes and possibly Oslo back?

ncleflights
15th Mar 2007, 08:18
Jamesair

I agree it would be great to see some more Germn routes NE business needs these routes. SXF did well for EZY until they messed around with times and moved it to a late departure slot so this is an obvious route for someone to pick up on.

Not sure about elsewhere as Munich and Cologne did not do well for HLX but might work for an airline with smaller aircraft ie FLYBE. Interesting to note on this one on the next gen airline website FLYBE have 4 aircraft not showing as based/night stopping anywhere, nice if one or more could come ncles way.

Thanks

Jamesair
15th Mar 2007, 17:37
There is a rumour that Air Berlin are hoping to launch more routes to the UK....I hope the airport is on the case!

HH6702
15th Mar 2007, 18:03
It would be great to see these at ncl.
They operate big aircraft so it would have to pick the routes carfully.

lukeylad
15th Mar 2007, 18:50
Whats going on at the remote stands?

I saw what looked like road repair vechiles over there today.

CentreFix25
15th Mar 2007, 19:01
Two new ones i believe. Stands that is.

HH6702
16th Mar 2007, 15:43
Great news if AB decide to come to ncl.

Marra123
16th Mar 2007, 18:16
Regarding contracts, Servisair have got the Aer Arran contract no news on the Emirates yet, They are mainly self handling anyway.

crewboi83
16th Mar 2007, 19:21
Where are they self handling in uk then?
MAN is swissport, as so is LGW isnt it?
Not sure who handles them LHR BHX and GLA but I didnt think they were self handling
They have their own ticket desk staff in MAN and thats about it

Off Stand
16th Mar 2007, 19:30
The have their own ticket desk staff and reps that over see the check-in and boarding, but the actual process of checking in and boarding duties are performed by the handling agents.

Oh and at BHX, it is Servisair that handles them.

Ops Guy
16th Mar 2007, 20:50
If I were a gambler, I would put money on Servisair NOT getting the Emirates contract.

HH6702
19th Mar 2007, 12:39
With mytravel merging with thomas cook and now first choice set to merge with TUI how is it going to affect ncl?

Im the short term i dont think anything will happen but there is going to be big changes for suummer 2008

summer 2008 brochures are busy getting printed now ready for the launch next month. i think that we would have seen all 4 using there own in-house aircraft.

MYT and TCX both use ncl as a base so will we see 3 aircraft being used are dropped to 2. hopefully we will see 3 aircraft and more routes.

do you think that we will see 4 aircraft on fridays from these operators going to TFS as an example or only 2 now?

my guess for summer 2008 from ncl will be

TUIfly x 4 aircraft
TCX x 3 aircraft
XLA x 3 aircraft (1 flyjet)

what are your thoughts on the merging of the big 4 and how will this affect our local airport.

look forward to reading your replys
hh6702
:)

DONTTELLTHEPAX
19th Mar 2007, 12:55
Well first choice were at Stansted last week, the word was they were looking into 7-12 longhaul routes from Stansted for 2008, at the time I didnt think it was true, but now im not so sure.

Jamesair
19th Mar 2007, 17:21
The mergers create an interesting situation.

My Travel/Thomas Cook. Both companies have programmes out of NCL. The number of based aircraft will probably depend on the aircraft loadings on routes where both companies operate. e.g. if both companies operate a certain route at say 50% capacity, it would make sense to share one flight. However, if both programmes are strong...they could decide to expand the operation. Do we know if they will sell under one name or issue seperate programmes?

TUI/First Choice. This could give NCL the long haul package flights it needs, with TUI using First Choice skills in this market. TUI (Thomson) has always been a strong brand at NCL and I can see the joint company expanding at the airport, perhaps with another based aircraft.

XL have already cut capacity 30% (countrywide) and will now face much stronger competition. NCL seems to be one of the few airports which still has a strong IT market and maybe XL will choose NCL as one of its expansion airports.

The unknown factor will be how strong JET 2's new IT package operation will be and how much extra capacity they will add to the NCL IT market.

HH6702
21st Mar 2007, 18:15
charter timetable on airport website has been updated!!

transwede
22nd Mar 2007, 09:58
Not much has changed on the updated charter timetable, in fact its much the same as the last issue.

SN will not operate a GRO charter, FJE are not operating sat afternoon PMI and a couple of extra Turkey flights have yet to be added, possibly operated by Freebird.

HH6702
22nd Mar 2007, 10:40
what is fje and sn doing instead?

Jamesair
22nd Mar 2007, 16:24
A few other changes to the Summer Charter timetable I noticed were:-

Chania by XLA cancelled and replaced with an extra Corfu flight on Mondays.
Mahon by XLA on Mondays cancelled
Zante by XLA times changed to dep 0500 arr 2310
Monastir by KAJ on Sundays cancelled
Palma by FJE (not cancelled on the revised timetable)

Marra123
22nd Mar 2007, 21:47
Regarding what FJE will do on a sat afternoon instead of the PMI. It will probably be sitting on the remote stands like it does a couple of days a week in the winter. As for SN it wont be here as it isnt a based aircraft, I take it that SN that was in the timetable is the same flight as what BA connect Bae146 did last summer?

PPRuNeUser0199
22nd Mar 2007, 22:54
We will see you in newcastle on the 9th of may with our 73-8.
working for XL for 6+ months.
Should be fun!

nclpilot
23rd Mar 2007, 10:18
Hind sight - enjoy NCL.
XL are a good bunch to work for and NCL is a well run operation

Do they still have Canadian crew out of GLA also?

Workmaster
23rd Mar 2007, 11:51
John Parkin was removed from his position this morning and left The Airport Company. No doubt much to the pleasure of the majority.:D

PPRuNeUser0199
23rd Mar 2007, 12:23
Thanks and I am sure we will!
Yes there is a base in Gla and Dublin as well.
Should be good times!

Britannia
23rd Mar 2007, 13:27
The flybe EMB195 has started operating some SOU flights from NCL. Also looks like ex BACON ERJ and Dash8-300 are going to be used on some flights.

leekyfreak
23rd Mar 2007, 13:50
Has anyone heard anything about the Chief Executive of Newcastle Airport being suspended today. Apparently it has something to do with contracts?

newcastlepilot
23rd Mar 2007, 14:01
Northern Echo newspaper story (http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/display.var.1282115.0.airport_suspends_chief_executive.php)

groundhand
23rd Mar 2007, 14:08
The link.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/search/display.var.1282115.0.airport_suspends_chief_executive.php

BLEED-AIR
23rd Mar 2007, 19:38
Best News I have heard today. I for one hope he travels SOUTH :ok:

RVR27/09
23rd Mar 2007, 19:48
Thanks he's already been south, perhaps East or West instead this time.;)

CentreFix25
23rd Mar 2007, 19:53
I couldnt get the links to work, here's the story...
THE region's biggest airport has suspended its chief executive while an investigation is carried out into what it described as "personal contractual issues".
Newcastle International Airport Limited said John Parkin would have no further involvement in the day-to-day management of the company during the investigation.
Mystery surrounds the exact cause of Mr Parkin's suspension which one of the airport's main shareholders, Newcastle City Council, said was of "great concern".
An airport spokesman could shed no light on the situation and said no further comment would be made until the investigation was complete.
David Laws, formerly the airports commercial and aviation development director, will take over Mr Parkin's chief executive duties.
A new executive director, Simon Fisher, has been appointed as finance director and company secretary.
A spokeswoman for Newcastle City Council said: "As a shareholder in the airport along with a number of other councils, this situation is of great concern to us.
"It would inappropriate for us to comment further on what is clearly a complex situation.
"The airport is a valued and vital local business and we are confident that it has a bright and prosperous future."
Meanwhile, a transport official, based in the region, who did not want to be named, said the news had come as a shock.
He said: "It's come out of the blue. The relationship our organisation has had with the airport has always been through the chief executive and he has always been very open and honest about their plans."
Mr Parkin joined the airport as managing director in June 2002 from Bristol International Airport, where he was also managing director.
His background includes management stints with the likes of the Thomas Cook group and P&O.
Under his leadership passenger numbers have continued to grow and several new routes have been added, one of the most recent being a direct service from the North-East to Dubai in the Middle East.
The airport itself has also grown in size with a new £7m terminal extension being opened three years ago.
However, one of its more high profile ventures, a link up with American Airlines in 2005, failed to get off the ground after the American firm pulled the plug on planned flights to New York before they had begun.

Miss Indie Skreet
23rd Mar 2007, 23:05
What a terrible shame. Let's just all hope that this isn't the cue for Servisair to have a clearout on Level 3 either. Serial bungling is essential for business success.

Ops Guy
24th Mar 2007, 01:10
BLEED-AIR:Best News I have head today

I ask the question, are you a fan of Newcastle Airport?

So Mr P may have been a norty boy!!! (so what) Take the blinkers off and look at whats been achieved since his arrival back in 2002?. Look how the Airport has developed over the last 4-5 years!! I'm not saying he did it by himself, but he certainly was a major contributing factor, to the success of what Newcastle Airport is today!!

I'm not saying the Airport won't develop or expand just because he is no longer at the top. But what I will say is that he has done an excellant job during his time at Newcastle! Think back to what it was then (2002) to what it is now??? The facts speak for them selves!!!

Before you all jump on me, i'm not a manager or an :mad: licker!!!!

skyman771
24th Mar 2007, 14:30
Ref. 'Mr P'
I don't work at NCL & as such do not have an 'axe to grind' one way or another. What I will say is that I have been around a long time and noted his arrival in 2002 with hope, that given Mr P's track record at BRS in Loco route development that that such experience could be used to drive NCL forward. Before his arrival, then what did we have ? virtually zero 'Loco', Go operated to STN, and I can recall very little else. His appointment followed a period of unparallel expansion, & if it he was to be judged on route development alone then the guy is virtually untouchable in the history of NCL. But as with everything there are clearly downsides as much debate can be had as to the ability of the infra structure & resource to keep up with this explosive growth. But then is that his fault? funding and timescales for significant capital projects can take years and is ultimately the sanction of the shareholders.
I haven't a clue as to what the guy has done, but I note that he isn't 'in jail', more likely to be down to political correctness, and oportunism from some of those that he has upset in forcing through the necessary if uncomfortable changes to working practices.
What also needs to be also be noted that back in 2002 the differential between NCL & MME was nothing like it is now in pax no.'s & route availability, possibly one should take the view that it is extremely fortunate that back in 2002 that there was not a place for him 'down the road' as it is possible that things may have turned out very different. Please note that I have never met or spoken to Mr P and this view is merely one of a frequent user, & who is extremely proud of what has been achieved at NCL over the years. If previous history is anything to by then Mr P is going to be a hard act to follow.

Marra123
24th Mar 2007, 15:12
So the Summer timetable starts tomorrow (just about) anyone know when the Jet2 aircraft will be coming in to be based? I see the LGW starts tomorrow. Also Ryanairs last TRF was on Friday and the first GRO is tomorrow I think. Regarding EZY there 7th based aircraft will start operating next saturday, as for tomorrow morning quite a busy schedule for them with AGP,ALC,FAO,BCN,PMI all am departures.

mmeteesside
24th Mar 2007, 15:31
3 Jet2 aircraft coming this afternoon, 752 and 146 from LBA and a 733 from BFS making 5 based

bowserman
25th Mar 2007, 13:11
I suspect there will be about 99.9% of staff at Newcastle laughing up their sleeves at what has happened. Sure, the airport has developed, but at what cost to the many staff that work or worked there? From the baggage staff that were forced to work for contractors and lost half their salary to the security staff who had to take massive pay cuts (and staff cuts) under Mr Parkins control.
Lets just see what comes out when the investigation is complete.

Ops Guy
25th Mar 2007, 16:24
From the baggage staff that were forced to work for contractors and lost half their salary

Which baggage staff ?????????

crewboi83
25th Mar 2007, 17:21
There wont be 5 Jet2 aircraft for a few days yet
757 G-LSAA is here and operated the MJV this morning
737 G-CELA is here always!
737 G-CELO (last years TF-ELO is back - still not fully painted tho, will be swapped for G-CELU in the next few days)
146 G-FLTC is here, in billboard stlye company logo with £26.99 all over it lol
757 G-LSAE is due to join us mid week

skyman771
25th Mar 2007, 18:16
From the baggage staff that were forced to work for contractors and lost half their salary to the security staff who had to take massive pay cuts (and staff cuts) under Mr Parkins control.
It's always difficult when someone new addresses existing working practices that have been in place for perhaps longer than appropriate. Perhaps they were overpaid / inefficient, I can't say. What I can say is that from considerable experience the service levels in time for baggage reclaim were pityfully slow prior to Parkin arriving, not saying that they are significantly better now, but on average they are certainly no worse.

nclrulesx2
25th Mar 2007, 19:00
Surely Dave Laws and the Aviation Development Team have overseen the introduction of Loco's to a much greater extent, how much influence does Parkin actually have.

Brad the Impaler
25th Mar 2007, 23:11
If I may just paraphrase Maggie Thatcher - "Just rejoice at that news, and congratulate those that have brought about his downfall."
Proof if proof were needed, that softly softly catchee monkey works and if you are patient, and give enough rope, some people will hang themselves. Job done!
The fact is that by making it so very public through the media etc and with letters to all airport staff and concessionaires, it is obvious that this is far, far more serious than some political correctness matter which would probably only have merited a bit of private leave and would have been done on the quiet anyway.
The truth will out in the fullness of time and Skyman771 is right - he's not in jail, Yet!
The deeper the investigators probe, the more they will find. We may even get to the truth of why AA pulled the plug so conspicuously. But if there's one thing which is certain, he isn't going to be returning to Newcastle and I dont expect his future employment prospects have been done a power of good either.
Long live the whistle blower and a heartfelt thanks from the very silent 99.9% of Newcastle Airport Staff for doing what had to be done.:D :D :D

bowserman
26th Mar 2007, 08:01
Which baggage staff ?????????

...er the ones that worked for NIA:ugh:

Ops Guy
26th Mar 2007, 10:16
If your on about when the Airport company had the ramp, they were all gone long before Mr P arrived!!:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

HH6702
26th Mar 2007, 13:34
G-LSAE was flying out of manchester yesterday.
easyjet 7th aircraft a 737?

anybody noticed air transit and NIA adverts on the side of buses this week?

HH6702
26th Mar 2007, 13:40
New flights

19 July 2007 13:30 Newcastle / Toronto Pearson Intl TS 835

22 August 2007 07:20 Toronto Pearson Intl /Newcastle TS 846

looks good dont know if this is instead of TCX in high season.

crewboi83
26th Mar 2007, 16:00
HH
AE is ment to join us later this week when AG or AI is delivered (think AG might already be with us jsut not in service yet tho, think its at multiflight in LBA)
We dont need the 2nd 757 untill Fri when the PMI starts

Marra123
26th Mar 2007, 16:31
Easyjet 7th aircraft is a 737-700 will come from Luton i think. Should arrive for Saturday.

transwede
26th Mar 2007, 18:10
Can anyone shed anymore light on the TS YYZ service for summer 07? Is it operating in addition to TCX and GSM flights?

Looks as though from the schedule that it is also shared with somewhere else. What type of a/c operating the route and is it a charter or scheduled service?

MUFC_fan
26th Mar 2007, 19:04
Easyjet 7th aircraft is a 737-700 will come from Luton i think. Should arrive for Saturday.

Does this mean there will be A319s moving into LTN? Or will a 737 move from BFS to LTN, and a A319 move to BFS?

ncleflights
26th Mar 2007, 20:19
Quote:
Does this mean there will be A319s moving into LTN? Or will a 737 move from BFS to LTN, and a A319 move to BFS?

Youve confused me EZY don't have any A319s at NCL to move to LTN.

On the EZY issue this mornings early morning inbound Bristol was showing, I noticed, on this mornings airport arrivals board as cancelled. Is this correct? or was it a mistake. I know the Summer timetable started this weekend but please lets not hope if this was an EZY cancelled flight we are about to have a repeat of the disaster that was last years EZY summer cancellations!!

Thanks

MUFC_fan
26th Mar 2007, 20:36
I was meaning, will a brand new A319 be replacing the 737 on the northbound journey? I thought that LTN was just a Boeing fleet, until the transition when the 737s are disposed of? Correct me if I am wrong.

I think it is BFS, NCL and LTN that are all Boeing bases, with the rest of the UK and European bases being Airbus?

fl dutchman
26th Mar 2007, 22:06
nclflights. It was originally showing as cancelled, but then cancelled disapeared and I believe it did operate as normal.

ncleflights
27th Mar 2007, 06:48
flduthman

Thanks for the info meant to go back and check the boards but never had the time.

On the Open Skies agreement, does anyone else think this makes the possibility of a direct NCL - USA route less likely. As far as I can see it will increase the number of transatlantic flights but airlines are going to put any spare aircraft into places like London, Madrid, Frankfurt etc re Virgins recent plans to expand into Europe.

Anyone else agree?

Thanks

SWBKCB
27th Mar 2007, 07:04
Yes - bad news all round for NCL (and MME). Transatlantic companies will be looking to increase flights into LHR etc rather than the UK regions, and as slots at LHR become even more scarce it will be the domestic flights which feel the squeeze.

transwede
27th Mar 2007, 09:49
Air Transat

When you go through and book flights with Air Transat NCL-YYZ it is actually flying with Thomas Cook Airlines, in partnership with Canadian Affair. All must have a link with TS somehow. Shame, Air Transat was a nice widebody addition to NCL airlines.

bowserman
27th Mar 2007, 09:55
If your on about when the Airport company had the ramp, they were all gone long before Mr P arrived!!

OK hands up to that one if I am wrong.

There was that much that went on after Parkins arrival. You being in Airside Ops (if thats what you do) would know that. Your guys had to re apply for your jobs under Parkins leadership, and some did not get them after years of service with NIA.This paved the way for new positions to be filled with some staff from other tenants on the airport who were being paid a pittance. Some people actually admired what Parkin did, others had nervous breakdowns as they were frightened to question what he told them to do. I know one of the security staff who was brave enough to go and see him to tell him morale among them was rock bottom and he sat with his feet on his desk and pointed out of the window, and said "the planes are still taking off".

It might come out in the investigation, the real reason why AA pulled out before they even started. It is incredible to think all the rumours that went around NIA for years and nobody in a position of authority listened. Also, the same local councils that gave Parkin a standing ovation, are now treating this with 'great concern'.

Its strange to say this, but only a few months ago, any posting on here about Parkin would have been pulled or censored as this thread was(!) closely monitored by NIA, under its then dictatorship.

Its too late for me now, but I hope you get a good CEO replacement who can take NIA forward as I wish the airport my very best.:D

BIG E
27th Mar 2007, 12:01
MUFC fan

You are correct they are all Boeing bases,there is just a bit of jiggling around in line with the summer programme.

skyman771
27th Mar 2007, 12:31
Re Open Skies It is very easy to jump on the band wagon of this as being bad for the regions re longhaul US prospects. Insofar as I can see all that it is bad for is the pressure that it puts on UK domestic slots into LHR which has been widely publicised and which there is already some evidence of at MME when reviewing BMI's current operations there. I really can not see this as having any other effect upon the regions, if the demand is there & the resource capable of supporting the operations then these services should either propsper or fail as they would under previous ecconomic trading conditions.
I have yet to see any ecconomic model that suggests that there is infinite demand for US longhaul out of LHR, it is clearly the preferred UK destination of airlines but even reviewing pre "Open Skies" conditions the demand was not strong enough to force up fairs even to the extent that premuim airlines such as UA have struggled on some destinations.
You can take the discussion in another direction, limited availablity of slots & high volume dictates larger aircraft, which in itself releases smaller aircraft for other destinations. Take CO for example, their strategy of lower capacity to more remote destiantions is paying off & why should this now change ? Their 757's for example will not 'double up' on a route which supports a 777, and are to be around presumably for may years.
Finally you have the punter who as normal comes a poor last in this, if they are given the choice then few in the regions are likely to want to go anywhere near LHR if they can fly direct. The arguments are not new they are to an extent simply another view of the running argument of Europe - A380 & major hubs vs. US B787 & regional.

SWBKCB
27th Mar 2007, 19:56
Skyman - you're applying logic and this is about the airline business...

I think you may be right long term but in the short term Open Skies will be - at the very least - a major distraction for the big boys and I just don't see the UK regions being a priority.

Interesting to see if anybody will do something with the wide open spaces which look like likely to appear at LGW.

ncleflights
27th Mar 2007, 21:00
SWBKCB I agree 100% with your comments to start to apply logic to the airline business is a dangerous game.

Like you I think at the very least in th short term Open Skies will be a disastor for the regions. I would expect in the NE we will loose BMI from MME and a couple of BA slots NCL to LHR as they need the slots for the transatlantic bun fight thats sure to begin. I can't see a NCL - JFK/EWR for a few years yet as the big carriers try and slog it out at European hubs. CO have already cut back at BHX I believe and colleagues in BRS are telling me the rumour their is that CO are going to reduce frequency. This doesn't look good for NCL, the best chance may now be to try and get someone like flyglobspan to do the route.

Perhaps someone in the know at NIA can shed some light as to what is going on with finding a replacement for AA

Thanks

skyman771
28th Mar 2007, 12:07
SWBKCB you're applying logic and this is about the airline business... This is simply a cliche, & here's another 'business is business'...;)
NcleflightsCO have already cut back at BHX I believe and colleagues in BRS are telling me the rumour their is that CO are going to reduce frequency. Is this really anything to do with 'Open Skies' or simply that market forces are dictating that between load factors & revenue per seat the returns are insufficient ?
I can't see a NCL - JFK/EWR for a few years yet ........... Adopting your own views on 'Open Skies' I'm surprised that you haven't replaced 'for a few years yet' with 'Never' . On this I would be inclined to agree except that I was taught never to take 'never' as an answer.......
One final reference to pick up on, & it's of course 'AA'. It is quite interesting that at least three separate postings have in their castigation of Mr P managed to bring in a reference to 'AA', now why is this ??:suspect:

Confirmed Must Ride
28th Mar 2007, 12:40
CO have just increased frequency for BRSEWR service.

10 DME ARC
28th Mar 2007, 12:46
Of interest to any private pilots out there the airport has scrapped peak period landing charges for based light aircraft. They are also willing to consider new based light aircraft.:)

HH6702
28th Mar 2007, 14:10
I heard it was because of landing charges increases a few months later.
The contract between NIA and AA then had to be changed and AA decided then to pull the plug, nothing to do with forward bookings.

maybe we will get told one day what really happened.

HH6702
28th Mar 2007, 14:17
It depends on how you look at this if it will be good or bad for NCL.

If all airlines want to fly from LHR then theres going to be too many seats on sale which will result in lower fares and a drop in margins for airlines which will result in airlines making a loss and in turn looking to pull off the route.

Some airlines i think will look into other local airports and if they can get a good deal with landing charges and no competition then they are in with a chance. this means that at the correct fares and profit margins it would make better sence for the airline rather than LHR.

Lets wait and see how NCL gets on with EK flying to dubai for a year.
lets see what the pax figures are like and if we still have the route daily!!

HH6702
28th Mar 2007, 14:22
anybody got the loadings for JAN and FEB 2007??

son of a .....
28th Mar 2007, 14:54
I don’t know about all these conspiracy theories but I do remember the AA press release which really pushed the fact it was not Newcastle Airport’s fault it pulled the service?

ncleflights
28th Mar 2007, 14:57
skyman771

If I can pick up on one of your quotes-

One final reference to pick up on, & it's of course 'AA'. It is quite interesting that at least three separate postings have in their castigation of Mr P managed to bring in a reference to 'AA', now why is this

My original reference to the AA pull out had nothing to do with Mr P simply a general question, if you read it it has not reference to him at all!!!

CentreFix25
28th Mar 2007, 15:22
I heard it was because of landing charges increases a few months later.
The contract between NIA and AA then had to be changed and AA decided then to pull the plug, nothing to do with forward bookings.Rubbish, as previously discussed to death on this forum. Numerous factors contributed to the route cancellation, one of which was forward bookings. Nothing to do with landing fees, which would have been rock bottom to attract the route in the first place and wouldnt have been increased before the route started - that would have been the biggest own goal ever, these people at NCL are not stupid.

Brad the Impaler
28th Mar 2007, 20:13
One final reference to pick up on, & it's of course 'AA'. It is quite interesting that at least three separate postings have in their castigation of Mr P managed to bring in a reference to 'AA', now why is this ??
Just wait and see what the investigation into what Ops Guy describes as "Mr P's norty boy" antics reveals. As the saying goes - "theres no smoke without fire"
I do believe that it wasn't about landing fees per se but rather about "Fuel cost" as AA admitted in their statement. Now, connect the dots between AA and "Fuel Supply strategy" at Newcastle and Mr P's brutal rush to acquire absolute total control of the fuel supply and distribution and things start to add up to one of the biggest home goals ever.
Looks like changes are starting to happen straight away. The peak landing fee scheme was one of Mr P's ideas. Wonder what will go next now that someone sensible and personable with a long history at Newcastle is at the helm.

Ops Guy
28th Mar 2007, 22:49
Brad the impaler

I feel I must correct you on what you have written as this isn't what I wrote earlier in the thread!!

Just wait and see what the investigation into what Ops Guy describes as "Mr P's norty boy" antics reveals

I in fact wrote;

So Mr P may have been a norty boy!!!

Apologies all for being so pedantic on this one. Wouldn't want anyone misinterpret-ing what I have written!! :)

transwede
31st Mar 2007, 08:40
Has anyone else realised how busy NCL is over the past few days with newe based aircraft arriving from LS and EZY. The apron looks quite jam packed at the moment of an evening and theres still all the charters to arrive in time for 1st May, another TOM and TCX, plus 2 XLA of some variety.

Nice to see the summer again and a busy scene.

SWBKCB
31st Mar 2007, 10:15
Probably why there were 2 Eastern Jetstreams parked up southside outside the old Gill hangar this morning...

skyman771
31st Mar 2007, 19:45
With all this talk about increase in movements airside, perhaps it has gone un noticed the absolute chaos that is being caused by the new short term parking arrangements. With no more space to work with some 'genius' :sad: has managed to add to what was a complete mess, albeit logical, by dividing the area up into two separate areas one of which has 10 minutes free, the other not. To infrequent punters signs are similar & little advance warning, with only the same two exit machines more confusion on amount payable is now adding further delay to what was already a nightmare. More division of this area also add's to frustration as exits are frequently blocked. These issues are every bit as important to resolve as the availability airside of aircraft stands, if NCL wants to successfully proceed with it's summer increase in services and deal with the extra volume of cars that will ensue.:ugh:

SWBKCB
31st Mar 2007, 20:21
Well said! :D :D

I was up there this morning, and while it was by no means busy, an absolute shambles :=

simonwa
1st Apr 2007, 09:39
Jet2 delays

Anyone know why the Jet2 flights to Chambery have been delayed both today and yesterday? It was over 5 hours late yesterday and is showing 4.5 hour delay today? Hope this isn't a sign of things to come from Jet2 this summer?

mmeteesside
1st Apr 2007, 14:48
Well CELO has been operating Globespan flights over the past few days, alongside LR, LF etc

HH6702
1st Apr 2007, 16:02
Should be on sale soon.
some flights are now on sale from manchester.

Im taking a guess that we will see 4 new routes

Bam Thwok
1st Apr 2007, 18:46
Not sure, but a Globespan 733 operated the Jet2 Chamberry flight yesterday. I believe a problem with either LA or LO.
That was Jet2's G:CELR....it's painted in Globespan colours.

NCL-06
1st Apr 2007, 19:38
Im taking a guess that we will see 4 new routes

- Any ideas of what new routes we will see from LS?

HH6702
1st Apr 2007, 20:07
well this some of the routes that i think we could get

geneva
lyons
salzburg
dus
berlin

oslo
lanzarote
cyprus
turkey

rumours on the jet2 forum of croatia to start from one of there bases

crewboi83
1st Apr 2007, 20:54
My guess for new Jet2 services are...
ACE
LPA
SSH
PFO
Strong rumours of Jet2 going to northern africa!
Regarding delays, i believe sundays CMF delay was due to no flight crew availible.
I know jet2 have been shuffling 737/757s round all over at mo to cover busy flying programme and its no suprise that they are a few a/c short but it will all be ironed out soon enough and jet2 will be back on track! most of the flights the 757s have been operating have been pretty busy already!

Brad the Impaler
1st Apr 2007, 23:47
Just to go slightly off track, as this is a rumour site - the guy currently suspended from his post at Newcastle... heard he has/is going/gone to Birmingham, anybody shed light on this??

Rumour has it that he is going straight to jail! :D:)

Marra123
2nd Apr 2007, 11:50
Ive noticed that the apron has been extremely busy last week or so now. Problem is though its only start of april and 5 or 6 EZYs were delayed for between 10-20 mins yesterday due to........Lack of coaches!!

lukeylad
2nd Apr 2007, 13:16
Last time i was at NCL i think there were only 3 coaches. I would have thought they would get some more.

noiseabatement
2nd Apr 2007, 13:50
Hope you are right... :D

Ops Guy
2nd Apr 2007, 14:41
Yes the Apron has been packed the last week or so. Good to see the MYT A330 when I came in yesterday!! New stands should be open very soon.

What I also noticed yesterday was the shortage of baggage handlers. (equipment left every where, Not a good start)

5 or 6 EZYs were delayed for between 10-20 mins yesterday due to........Lack of coaches!!

Marra 123: Your probably right on this one. If these flights were departing close together then the major contributing factor would probably be gate congestion in the coaching lounge. Even if there was 2 coaches per flight, you wouldn't be-able to board all the flights at the same time anyway (unfortunately).

Remember that the seasonal coach drivers won't be starting for another week or so.:ok:

DONTTELLTHEPAX
2nd Apr 2007, 18:33
Lack of coaches ! you can pick-em up on e-bay for
next to nothing :sad:

transwede
3rd Apr 2007, 09:31
Freedom flights and xl.com are no longer to offer services for the winter season from NCL. This brings up a couple of issues,

Flyjet, who carry their pax obviously not returning to NCL after this summer. Shame, considering they employed local crew and have a based a/c.

Theres going to be quite a gap in the market for flights to SSH, ACE, LPA, TFS during the winter

Less pax travelling through NCL airport during winter.

Wonder why they are doing this. Their flights always seemed busy and they even added extra ones during peak periods. Disappointing for Flyjet, I bet too!

10 DME ARC
3rd Apr 2007, 10:01
xl.com still showing ACE/LPA/SSH/TFS for this winter?:confused:

transwede
3rd Apr 2007, 10:52
Try to book a flight and no dates are available Nov-April!

crewboi83
3rd Apr 2007, 11:55
The lack of coaches takes me mick at NCL at the moment
If you arrive after 9pm its worse, i got in late last night and had to wait 30 mins for 1 coach which then had to do 2 runs for a full 757! not on!
What annoys me is that there was plenty room at the terminal for our aircraft, and it was going str8 back out this morning so why cant we be put there for a change!

HH6702
3rd Apr 2007, 12:55
I cant see us loosing these flights. is the website not being updated?
i flew with them in jan/feb and the flight to ACE was over 200 pax both ways.
i know a few people who fly for fje and they tell me they are full most of the time.

if the above is true then there maybe some truth in JET2.com to SSH
Maybe 1 757 will operate the SSH,ACE,TFS,LPA,PHO.

on another note does anybody have any info on the tristar which was flying low over ncl yesterday afternoon around 4pm?

Ops Guy
3rd Apr 2007, 14:53
What annoys me is that there was plenty room at the terminal for our aircraft,

Yea but it would have been full by midnight. Remember their is now only 3 pier stands that are capable of accomodating a 757 (IT / Charter) on pier 9,10 and 11. Stand 8 was reduced at the end of last year to accommodate the new airbridge on stand 9. The aircraft allocated a pier stand that night would have been the same aircraft that have had them all winter!!

Maybe's when the summer schedule is up and running you may find yourself on Pier. Fingers crossed then if your only getting 1 bus!!:ok:

Maude Charlee
3rd Apr 2007, 15:06
Wow, the buses must have got a lot bigger since I was last there (or 757's smaller) if 2 bus loads is equivalent to a full 757. Capacity of the buses was only 99 pax if I remember right, and a 757 something like 230+ seats.

nclpilot
3rd Apr 2007, 16:47
Stands
Should be fun this summer - I wonder who will get the pier stands. It would be fair to allow TOM, TCX and XLA one pier each with the others off pier but we know this wont happen.

XL.COM Winter
Apparently XL.com/Freedom won't be operating any flights ex NCL this winter due to low sales and increasing costs. Interesting the FJE flights are going fairly full at present!
I think this has something to do with XL Airways pulling capacity throughout the Uk and not just at NCL

Anyone got news about EK and the handling/ground staff? I was operating on Saturday and saw the security area had a number of the barrier promoting the routes

lukeylad
3rd Apr 2007, 18:24
"on another note does anybody have any info on the tristar which was flying low over ncl yesterday afternoon around 4pm"

EuroAtlantics Tristar has been at EDI today and i think yesterday. It may have been an RAF bird doing approaches. One of the Graystars was at NCL about a month ago doing approaches.

_ShIfTy_
3rd Apr 2007, 18:46
Flyjet had a flat tire on monday, so it needed two wheels replaced. Aircraft was fully loaded at this point. Was going to take 45min to get coaches so we could disembark the pax. luckly the engineer said he could change the wheels with the pax onboard. Tuck SR technics about 40min to replace two wheels, hats off :D.

transwede
4th Apr 2007, 10:56
Should the XL group not be operating all those flights during the winter then Jet2 would be ideally placed to step in. Flights more often than not did appear full.

What concerns me is the demise of the charters at NCL. Yes, lowcost airline services like those from Jet2, Easy etc are great offering cheap fares to a range of destinations which stimulated NCL pax figures, but what about the traditional charters. TCX/MYT are merging, TOM/FCA are merging, will we see another decrease once all the mergers are finalised? The network operated by XL/Freedom was good, concentrating on the popular holiday places, further afield like SSH and the Canaries and I can't understand how they were loosing money on the network from NCL.

Thats for the winter, what about the summer as again the XL/Freedom group have a sizeable route network, though other charteres do share in the summer. Is NCL at risk of loosing some of these services too?

Britannia
6th Apr 2007, 15:21
Edition 4 of the summer charter timetable is out with an EAF Saturday flight to Brescia added:

ETA 13:10
ETD 14:00

Boeing 737-200

Ops Guy
6th Apr 2007, 15:57
Boeing 737-200

Rare as hens teeth at Newcastle!!:ok:

HH6702
6th Apr 2007, 15:58
Nice to see EAF returning.
its a bit late to be adding a new route in april lets hope it does well and we see it next year too.

HH6702
7th Apr 2007, 13:26
Heard some people the other day talking about the above airline looking to add more uk flights.
Airports i heard them say were glasgow and newcastle.
has anybody heard anything on this.

I would be supprised if this happened.

skyman771
7th Apr 2007, 16:53
Heard some people the other day talking about the above airline looking to add more uk flights.
I suppose that is logical
Airports i heard them say were .... and newcastle.
This is completely illogical, extremely likely to be just just pure fantasy, as any further longlaul Eastbound at this stage would likely be totally disastrous for ALL:=
I would be supprised if this happened.
I would be devastated.

Jamesair
7th Apr 2007, 17:17
Summer Charter Timetable (issue 4)

As well as the Brescia flight there is an additional Thomas Cook flight to Antalya Thurs (out) 2220 (in) 0825 Fri TCX884K/L 19-July to 18-Oct, and an additional departure to Dalaman Sun (out) 0950 (in) 0850 FHY614.3 27-May to 21-Oct.

HH6702
11th Apr 2007, 13:29
FCA will launch summer 2008 holidays this friday at 8am.

hopefully see new flights from ncl and based fca plane or now 4 tuifly

CentreFix25
11th Apr 2007, 20:51
Adam, you'll have 15 year old kids of your own long before a second runway at NCL is needed.

LOL:)

Travel Agent
12th Apr 2007, 07:20
Re: Summer 2008

Just been looking at flights that depart at the end of winter season and return in May, with First Choice. The outbound is with TCX but return is FCA. Intresting to see that First Choice were to return, just a shame they will now probably be in TUI colours.

transwede
12th Apr 2007, 08:37
I very much doubt the return of FCA so to speak, instead First Choice pax (which will become TUI Travel pax) will be accommodated on amalgamated TUIfly flights. Indeed it is a shame, the reputation FCA have built up would be great for NCL and could have led to greater charter longhaul at NCL - this is where F/Choice seem to make their money!

heslop2006 I think NCL has done great with new routes over the past few years. Think a couple of years ago and we didn'y have DXB, PSA, GWY, KRK, NCE etc. Consolidation could well happen for a while now, judging by the limited facilities available during early morning, although airlines could use slots during quieter periods?!

heslop2006
12th Apr 2007, 15:43
I know that NCL has done well. What I mean is that, I hope for some variety other that hundreds flights to Spain every day. :)

fl dutchman
12th Apr 2007, 21:30
Looks like FCA based aircraft for summer 2008. First Choice Holidays also using based TCX.
Could all change by 2008 of course with the mergers. They dont appear to be offering any new destinations.
Someone must do Croatia next year, please !!!.

clearfinalsno1
13th Apr 2007, 09:02
Just a quicky Gents. I know the route was discussed some months ago, but does anyone know if the Easyjet Newcastle-Geneva service is dead for good or just suspended for the Summer? I see the last flight is next week on the 22nd April. I have used this service a few times and it's been quite full each time.

10 DME ARC
13th Apr 2007, 10:58
Geneva stopped for the summer back this winter, shame know a lot of people who used it during the summer!

NCL1
14th Apr 2007, 08:38
Globespan Palma flight departing at 10:15? this a new route or a one off?

Britannia
14th Apr 2007, 09:11
The GSM diverted in from Tees Valley

Marra123
14th Apr 2007, 13:48
Geneva back in December I think. I thought it was going to be end of October at start of winter season but according to a source they say December. Last summers loads for GVA were always full during the summer holiday period so beats me why it was stopped.

Not wanting to start something big of here but the other day I seen two men in Air Berlin high vis jackets being shown around the airport.

HH6702
14th Apr 2007, 15:52
travel agent

can you tell me which flight you saw fca flights numbers as i cant find them anywhere?

HH6702
14th Apr 2007, 16:23
looks like first choice are basing.
from website
ncl to tfs fridays
leaves 16:05 returns to ncl at 01:55 states airline is FCA

pmi on tuesdays
out 15:15 back 21:40

nclrulesx2
14th Apr 2007, 16:58
Do you know who the AB people were been shown around by? Did it look like NCL staff? Unlikely anyone touting for business would have been in HVV, take it there were not any diverted AB flights that day?

Marra123
14th Apr 2007, 17:27
No AB diversions at NCL they were being shown around by airport management. They were being issued with T-passes from security.

Anyone any ideas what the BA ticketdesk will become?

People have said Emirates but I was thinking maybe Flybe as that sign has gone from the Swissport ticketdesk.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
14th Apr 2007, 17:47
Would be good If AB started STN-NCL head to head with EZY,
I have flown EZY STN-NCL-STN six times last year,
1 x diverted to MAN,
1 x delayed 4 hrs,
2 x canx rebooked next flt.

Currock Base
15th Apr 2007, 10:19
The BA ticket desk is going to become a BA ticket desk (or rather a desk issuing BA tickets) operated by Swissport. Since the advance of the internet, there isn't the same demand for an airport ticketing desk.

CB

HH6702
15th Apr 2007, 16:16
First choice summer 2008

looking at the website 2 FCA aircraft are needed!!

wednesdays

aircraft 1 paphos out 09.00 back 19.25

aircraft 2 mahon out 06.00 back 12.20
rhodes out 14.00 back 23.35

mondays
aircraft 1 SSH out 09.30 back 22.10
aircraft 2 las palmas out 17.55 back 03.50

on website all above flights have FCA flight numbers
looks like TCX are needing 2 aircraft also.

fl dutchman
15th Apr 2007, 17:20
Could it be that Orlando from NCL will not opperate for summer 2008 ?
The frequency of flights to SFB has diminished drastically over recent years to just one per week for summer 2007.
The first release of holidays to Florida for 2008 ie Thos Cook which usually has a flight from NCL ( Monarch), has NO NCL flight at all.
Of course with all the mergers coming along the flights and airlines shown in first edition brochures just coming out may not resemble what actually happens.
But its concerning that one of the operators with a usual large allocation of seats on NCL-SFB does not show any flight at all

heslop2006
15th Apr 2007, 17:23
fl dutchman: There's still Thomson to release 08 flights. Fingers crossed :)

10 DME ARC
16th Apr 2007, 09:01
SFB is a shared flight between TUI,MYT and Main street USA. TCX do not have any seats on it!
Nice to see GSM operating most of MME's weekend flights from NCL! The a/c diverted in both Friday and Saturday night!:)

nclpilot
16th Apr 2007, 11:59
I would be pretty sure SFB would operate next summer - they are always full and are very popular

fl dutchman
16th Apr 2007, 12:57
I understood that My travel are the principle charterers of the current 2007 Monarch flight with Thomson, Thomas Cook, Mainstreet and others each buying seats
In previous years Thos Cook, Myt and Thomson each had there own flights at some stage.
So I think its worrying that for the first time in years Thomas Cook Holidays are not offering any seats to SFB from NCL for 2008
Lets hope either Thomson or MYT do it.
Had heard somewhere that Travel City were lookong at SFB from either NCL or MME ! wonder if there is any connection. They of course dont normally sell seats to other tour operators.( I think)

nclpilot
16th Apr 2007, 13:53
I can't see there being no SFB flights at all - surely Thomson and MyTravel will still be able to sell seats. I believe MYT actually operate in April - I am right?