View Full Version : TU-204

airvanman
22nd Jan 2007, 12:25
TU-204

TNT I know uses a couple. A while back it was mentioned they could get some more. Are they any good in service? I know some companies in the west have considered them. They seem to be a good alternative to western types with the RR engines etc. Mind you if you ordered one it would be a long wait!

CargoOne
22nd Jan 2007, 12:39
Spares availability is a disaster.
Also still no EASA certification so you can't have it on EU register.

Clarence Oveur
22nd Jan 2007, 13:30
The ones operating for TNT are on Egyptian register, a British AOC and flown by Russians.

They do appear to have a very good dispatch reliability. Whether that is a reflection of the aircraft is unknown.

Fried_Chicken
22nd Jan 2007, 18:36
The ones operated in TNT colours are operated by Atlantic Airlines

FC

Pathak
10th Feb 2007, 13:07
Can any of you gentlemen give me an idea about the cruise fuel flow data for Tu-204 and also its econ cruise speed?

flyboyike
10th Feb 2007, 13:18
I would imagine the numbers would be similar to a 757, especially with RB211s.

Pathak
10th Feb 2007, 13:27
I just saw on a website that the cruise FF at MTOW is about 3250 Kgs/block hour. But the econ cruise speed seems to be too high at 0.85 mach. Can anyone provide me a correct answer?

Morbid
10th Feb 2007, 16:41
Great dispatch reliability, easy to maintain, strongly built (over engineered?) and perfect for the abuse freighters tend to suffer. Problems are spares and regulatory. In some quarters of TNT more were wanted... but... not in the quarters whos voices are heard. Shame as it has potential as a long life workhorse.

GuppyEng.com
10th Feb 2007, 19:10
One operated out of BAH for the busy period. Everynight we would see the cowlings open but it was not a RR powered machine.

Pathak
12th Feb 2007, 12:15
We are soon launching a cargo airline in India and are seriously considering this machine due to non availability of B757-200F. Even if we get some, future deliveries as per reqt.are not guarranteed. Anyone any idea on its fuel burn and econ speeds? the manufacturer normally gives book figures. You guys give the correct figures.

Heffer
12th Feb 2007, 17:33
Is the type still in active production? Also, did they ever produce the JAR cockpit version for non-Russian crews? You could possibly buy access to flight planning software by an existing operator to get some of the operating costs on your proposed routes.

Good luck in your hunt for spare parts!