PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Banana and Norman Gunston's DC-3's

EPIRB
22nd Jan 2007, 07:38
Back in the late seventies or maybe early eighties there was a movie with Graham Blundell in it called Pacific Banana. Norman Gunston also did a round Australia tour , both featuring DC3's, (or maybe more correctly, C47's?). Has anyone any idea as to the rego's used and what was the fate of these aircraft?

SeldomFixit
22nd Jan 2007, 09:21
http://web.1earth.net/~avprints/douglass/dc3aust.html
Try that on for size :ok:
From memory. Norman's was walloped by some nutter that stole an aircraft from Bankstown and then subsequebtly tried topping himself with it. Damage was substantial but very dim memory these days sorry. ( edits for the spelling police )

tlf
22nd Jan 2007, 11:23
Didn't he succeed in topping himself?
Tobago or something if I remember correctly.

Fris B. Fairing
22nd Jan 2007, 12:35
EPIRB

Pacific Banana was VH-EWE.
Norman Gunston was VH-SBO.

Details at www.dc3.adastron.com

Regards

Chimbu chuckles
22nd Jan 2007, 15:07
He most assuredly did..his engine buried itself in the hangar wall next to which SBO was parked...fairly minor fire damage to the tail of SBO from memory but it was basically parked and forgotten about at the time anyway...about one step above abandoned in situ...About 1983?

tinpis
22nd Jan 2007, 20:35
Pretty sure I saw SBO on Bankstown fire tip in '86

She still had McDonalds ugly mug on the tail:p

Rumour has is that when Mah-Cray was filmed asleep in cockpit for the series they were not using a stunt double :rolleyes:

All the fun days are gorn :{

Oh...BTW anyone know where I can get some footage of the show featuring the DC-3?