PDA

View Full Version : Airabian Gulf Pilot Association

Stormy Petrel
22nd Jan 2007, 04:19
Hi guys, I have seen many views put forward about eroding terms and conditions in this area. Why don't we try and do some thing about it collectively across the Gulf? If we started a Union in the more liberal states, and offered membership to the pilots of the less liberal, eventually with sufficient membership we may be able to influence our future. Once started as an association perhaps, the membership fees could be used to employ local 'Barristers' that are experts in the local law. This may be a pipe dream but I was under the impression that Unions are legal. Any ideas from the shakers and movers out there?

ShockWave
22nd Jan 2007, 04:41
It may be legal, but that won't stop them from taking you out on a night time safari....never to be heard from again.

ironbutt57
22nd Jan 2007, 04:54
We have a govt approved tradeunion at GF..GATU...dues cost me 1bd per month...for that I get all sorts of entertaining e-mails watching them squabble over who is going to run the union....:confused:

Stormy Petrel
22nd Jan 2007, 11:04
Well I can see thats a good idea well received. Why do we get treated like idiots? Because we act like ...........

Ghostflyer
22nd Jan 2007, 15:37
In the UAE I believe an 'onion' is still illegal although there were some rumblings a couple of years ago that they may be allowed in the future. Seen nothing since.

Lost at fl345
22nd Jan 2007, 19:27
We have a govt approved tradeunion at GF..GATU...dues cost me 1bd per month...for that I get all sorts of entertaining e-mails watching them squabble over who is going to run the union....:confused:

Same here in Kuwait a pilots union for 2 companies, KU and J9, however KU pilots are all running the show........:(